PDA

View Full Version : have to tip immigration at JKT?

coconut
21-12-2003, 11:28 AM
Anyone been to Jakarta this week?

3 months ago when I went to Jakarta, they implemented some sort of entry tax on non-asean tourists...it was a hassle for those tourists. The immigration thug tried to extort something from me as well (I am Singaporean) by asking all sorts of questions like why I visit JKT so often, etc. I stayed firmed and got through without paying.

I will be going next week. What is the present situation...I would appreciate any advice or recommendation to pass through immigration without problem.

thks :)

thaiboy
21-12-2003, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by coconut
Anyone been to Jakarta this week?

3 months ago when I went to Jakarta, they implemented some sort of entry tax on non-asean tourists...it was a hassle for those tourists. The immigration thug tried to extort something from me as well (I am Singaporean) by asking all sorts of questions like why I visit JKT so often, etc. I stayed firmed and got through without paying.

I will be going next week. What is the present situation...I would appreciate any advice or recommendation to pass through immigration without problem.

thks :)

Easy...go to the special counter in the room, put 25000rp in your passport and you may go thus without any problem.

girllover
21-12-2003, 02:12 PM
Hahaha bro thaiboy, you found the 'way' liao.

actually, alternative way to look poor loh and pretend you dun know what they are talking about loh, kekeke.

newyorker88
21-12-2003, 03:18 PM
hahhaha, brother. I had this problem b4 in the past, usually they ask me why I visit this place so often, me just tell them my girlfriend here. One time, that officer went straight to the pt, ask me for $ and I just give him 20000 Rupiah. No question asked. Now I travel to Jakarta via batam, cheaper and not much of a problem... Well, I have work and appointments, so I drop by batam to go jakarta. THe flight cost abt 270000 Rupiah, or abt 60 Singapore, Lion air. Maybe more ex during festive seasons. Ask for those immigration officers, tip them a bit, afterall, their pay is so low and 20000 Rupiah is a couple of dollars. Just let them have it, it is not your country and a few dollars can make your life easier. Hopes this helps;)

thaiboy
21-12-2003, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by newyorker88
hahhaha, brother. I had this problem b4 in the past, usually they ask me why I visit this place so often, me just tell them my girlfriend here. One time, that officer went straight to the pt, ask me for $ and I just give him 20000 Rupiah. No question asked. Now I travel to Jakarta via batam, cheaper and not much of a problem... Well, I have work and appointments, so I drop by batam to go jakarta. THe flight cost abt 270000 Rupiah, or abt 60 Singapore, Lion air. Maybe more ex during festive seasons. Ask for those immigration officers, tip them a bit, afterall, their pay is so low and 20000 Rupiah is a couple of dollars. Just let them have it, it is not your country and a few dollars can make your life easier. Hopes this helps;)

Totally agreee kekekekek 20000 plus 5000 rp=S$5 dollar..... go stright to the room.... fast and easy no question ask no need to Que also......cheap.........

siamcutey
21-12-2003, 08:05 PM
Singapore, you go to the immigration with $50 in your passport, they will send you to the VIP treatment room and treat you makan and kopi. :D

hahaha
SC

Punanilovr
21-12-2003, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by siamcutey
Singapore, you go to the immigration with $50 in your passport, they will send you to the VIP treatment room and treat you makan and kopi. :D

hahaha
SC

LOL
Makan what?:D

Batam Man
22-12-2003, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by Punanilovr
LOL
Makan what?:D

makan black bean rice:p

DNAT
22-12-2003, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by Batam Man
makan black bean rice:p
can change to nasi kuning anot? :rolleyes:

newyorker88
22-12-2003, 09:03 PM
Hahahha, brothers! Our singapore ICA( Immigration and Custom Authory) is rather strict and honest, as far as I see, been thru the customs almost every week. No need to give kopi $$$, will sure find trouble. But KNN, me kana caught with a few pack of unopen cigrattes b4, but lucky just pay the tax only.

DNAT
23-12-2003, 02:05 PM
Hahahha, brothers! Our singapore ICA( Immigration and Custom Authory) is rather strict and honest, as far as I see, been thru the customs almost every week. No need to give kopi $$$, will sure find trouble. But KNN, me kana caught with a few pack of unopen cigrattes b4, but lucky just pay the tax only.
you damn lucky bro .... I kena fine S$200 for 3 packs of un-opened cigrattes at TMFT :(

newyorker88
23-12-2003, 10:30 PM
DNAT,
Me come back from batam... That stupid machine that we walk thru, can detect the metal strip of cigrattee box, the piece when we tore it to open.. that is how me kana..

DNAT
26-12-2003, 11:35 AM
DNAT,
Me come back from batam... That stupid machine that we walk thru, can detect the metal strip of cigrattee box, the piece when we tore it to open.. that is how me kana..
wow! so powerful 1 arh? .... dats why I kena once, dun wanna take risk liao leh .... takut yah! :(

meatlover
26-12-2003, 06:15 PM
DNAT,

Last few trips I never kanna leh ... Maybe the machine lai ang :D