PDA

View Full Version : Tour Packages to Bangkok

Mr.romance
06-03-2004, 07:24 PM
Hi All bros,

Just came back from checkin prices of tour packages in Chinatown.
Managed to scan through a few well known budget tour agencies
only due to time constraint.Below are the price range from now to as long as Aug 2004:

Thai Airway for 3 star hotel such as Asia,Eastin & Bangkok palace:
$350++ inclusive Of tax for 4 days 3 nights (cheapest)

Scandanavian Airway for 3 star hotel such as Asia,Eastin & Bangkok palace:
$300++ inclusive Of tax for 4 days 3 nights (cheapest) .But it only flies in the night

*Breakfast & return flights provided for tour packages

Airasia already cost $150 for both departure & return flights
& yet we had to do additional bookings for lodgings on our own
which will total up to at least $250++ for 4 days 3 nights not forgeting the transport cost from Airport to the hotels(vice versa) in which tour agencies will provide.
Furthermore Airasia return flight is 7am only

After some accountancy work, Still think Tour Package is more worth it...The most I can save is a pathetic $30-50...unless u had the cheapest or maybe free accomodation in Thailand

Cheers

tirak69
06-03-2004, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by Mr.romance
Hi All bros,

Just came back from checkin prices of tour packages in Chinatown.
Managed to scan through a few well known budget tour agencies
only due to time constraint.Below are the price range from now to as long as Aug 2004:

Thai Airway for 3 star hotel such as Asia,Eastin & Bangkok palace:
$350++ inclusive Of tax for 4 days 3 nights (cheapest)

Scandanavian Airway for 3 star hotel such as Asia,Eastin & Bangkok palace:
$300++ inclusive Of tax for 4 days 3 nights (cheapest) .But it only flies in the night

*Breakfast & return flights provided for tour packages

Airasia already cost $150 for both departure & return flights
& yet we had to do additional bookings for lodgings on our own
which will total up to at least $250++ for 4 days 3 nights not forgeting the transport cost from Airport to the hotels(vice versa) in which tour agencies will provide.
Furthermore Airasia return flight is 7am only

After some accountancy work, Still think Tour Package is more worth it...The most I can save is a pathetic $30-50...unless u had the cheapest or maybe free accomodation in Thailand

Cheers

a key consideration is that most package hotels are not friendly to chiongsters. there will be a surcharge if you decide to "ta bao" back to your room.

Mr.romance
07-03-2004, 02:34 AM
Originally posted by tirak69
a key consideration is that most package hotels are not friendly to chiongsters. there will be a surcharge if you decide to "ta bao" back to your room.

I agree with you...
For hardcore cheongsters, I don really recommend tour packages
if you are those regulars who bring your TGs to your hotel room for bonking.
There is only one hotel in which tour packages provide whereby you may get a higher chance of smuggling your TGs into the room..tat is Baiyoke Sky hotel..But Baiyoke Sky is 4 star & the room rate is not cheap
For me I don mind paying the fine if it is for just 1 or 2 nights..depending on how much the fine is also...3 star hotel usually is 500 baht only..

cyrus
08-03-2004, 12:28 AM
Can anyone recommend any tour agent in Bangkok for buying air ticket there ... ? Would appreciate detail feedback ... PM me also can lah ... apologies if I side track abit from the topic ...

tirak69
08-03-2004, 12:35 AM
I agree with you...
There is only one hotel in which tour packages provide whereby you may get a higher chance of smuggling your TGs into the room..tat is Baiyoke Sky hotel..But Baiyoke Sky is 4 star & the room rate is not cheap
For me I don mind paying the fine if it is for just 1 or 2 nights..depending on how much the fine is also...3 star hotel usually is 500 baht only..

the other friendly tour package hotel i know of is d'ma. its located in the same stretch as eastin and bangkok palace... in the pratunam area.

Mr.romance
08-03-2004, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by tirak69
the other friendly tour package hotel i know of is d'ma. its located in the same stretch as eastin and bangkok palace... in the pratunam area.

Sorry Bro, Can you secify wat does "d'ma" means?
BTW where is Baiyoke Suite Hotel ah? is it ladies friendly?

cyrus
08-03-2004, 09:29 AM

Baiyoke Suite is just around the corner from Baiyoke Sky ... and yes it is TG friendly ... check out www.bkktonight.com ... they have a list of hotels, which are TG friendly ...

Mr.romance
08-03-2004, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by cyrus
Baiyoke Suite is just around the corner from Baiyoke Sky ... and yes it is TG friendly ... check out www.bkktonight.com ... they have a list of hotels, which are TG friendly ...

The website only shows Baiyoke Sky but not Baiyoke Suite.
Is it related..BTW any bros try Baiyoke Suite before?

Freestyler69
08-03-2004, 11:41 AM
'd'ma' mean D'Ma Pavillion Hotel

Sinoview
08-03-2004, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by Freestyler69
'd'ma' mean D'Ma Pavillion Hotel

Ha...ha....even the gals in my office know what d'ma is and this guy who claimed to be a "cheongster" in BKK don't even know......
what a joke....

Ha......ha.....ha....

Mr.romance
08-03-2004, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by Sinoview
Ha...ha....even the gals in my office know what d'ma is and this guy who claimed to be a "cheongster" in BKK don't even know......
what a joke....

Ha......ha.....ha....

U mean you screw your office gals at D'ma hotel..Tats bad...
Maybe u shall look urself in the mirror 1st

:D

LengKia
08-03-2004, 01:29 PM
I agree with you...

Bkk Cheongsters seldom put up atn those hotels which you have

mentioned . Watana used to be among the old delphi bros

and apartment such as President , centrepoint and grand

diamond .

cyrus
08-03-2004, 01:40 PM
The website only shows Baiyoke Sky but not Baiyoke Suite.
Is it related..BTW any bros try Baiyoke Suite before?

That place so busy ... its practically a market with people trading apparels .... Think most of the Bros here would prefer to put up at Ratchada area ... coz there's Hollywood! ...

somebody99
08-03-2004, 04:02 PM
teach newbies so much only will make our frequent places crowded only, hahaha...

btw, any bros going bkk on 27th-28th march? will be there for the wkend, pm me if u want 2 chiong. will be still stayin in ratchada city hotel (thanks to bro siamcutey & yomun), altho there's a slight raise for the rm price, but overall still ok lah, very friendly...

bro yomun, will u be around there? miss the club 20 tat u'd brought me to, will buy u dinner when i am there.
ur thai number still the same hor?

ps: still gotta scold this bro jasper (bloody hell! haha...) for flying me kite, said want to go then dun want to go...

ps2: for bro cyrus enquiries on tour agency in bkk, u can try checkin with bro siamcutey or bro yomun, they are nice wise guys, hahaha...

DNAT
08-03-2004, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by somebody99
teach newbies so much only will make our frequent places crowded only, hahaha...

btw, any bros going bkk on 27th-28th march? will be there for the wkend, pm me if u want 2 chiong. will be still stayin in ratchada city hotel (thanks to bro siamcutey & yomun), altho there's a slight raise for the rm price, but overall still ok lah, very friendly...

bro yomun, will u be around there? miss the club 20 tat u'd brought me to, will buy u dinner when i am there.
ur thai number still the same hor?

ps: still gotta scold this bro jasper (bloody hell! haha...) for flying me kite, said want to go then dun want to go...

ps2: for bro cyrus enquiries on tour agency in bkk, u can try checkin with bro siamcutey or bro yomun, they are nice wise guys, hahaha...
paiseh for the interuption:
bro sbdy99, pls check yr email at ya-hu.

regrds
(if you happen to meet yoman at BKK, please send my regards to him, .... tks)

somebody99
08-03-2004, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by DNAT
paiseh for the interuption:
bro sbdy99, pls check yr email at ya-hu.

regrds
(if you happen to meet yoman at BKK, please send my regards to him, .... tks)

roger! at last manage 2 catch up with u liao, hahaha.....
sori 4 not being able 2 go with u to ur batam, but will go with u within this 2 mths, wanna try try also lah, heehee.....
this mth need 2 fly further, tat's why ViT M tight lah, hahaha...

ok, will send ur regards to bro yomun if i manage 2 see him, he also quite busy.......cheong-ing lah! hahahahaha.....