PDA

View Full Version : Living in Bangkok!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

norice
04-02-2010, 03:31 PM
Hello,

To all the brothers living in Bangkok, let's get together twice a month for get together and party! Since I'm retired and ready to move to Bangkok permanently, I'm hoping that we could meet 2 - 3 times a month and share our ideas and information to assist us! Maybe we could form a club!

Botarbolampar
04-02-2010, 03:59 PM
Hello,

To all the brothers living in Bangkok, let's get together twice a month for get together and party! Since I'm retired and ready to move to Bangkok permanently, I'm hoping that we could meet 2 - 3 times a month and share our ideas and information to assist us! Maybe we could form a club!

Any good lobang in bangkok? In term of cheonging places like disco, massage etc.

chameleon589
04-02-2010, 08:58 PM
Hello,

Hi brother Norice,

Can u kindly give us your contact nos. in BKK so that anytime when we go to BKK we could contact you to go out together for a cup of coffee,a beer or a meal or cheonging as a group. What do u think ?

Best Regards,
brother Chameleon589

indianmagicoil
04-02-2010, 09:57 PM
Hello Bro Norice!
How many more days to your retirement? How come u start this thread? Scared come Bangkok nothing to do ah?
555+ then can I sign on as part-time tour guide? I will be waving one of those little tour guide flags and herding all those chiongsters along Rachada.

linda tan
04-02-2010, 10:19 PM
hi,norice,met up with you at nana hotel lobby once in bkk 2 years ago,wondering u still remember me.so you lived in bkk now,must be enjoying yourself.......;)

mikemike
05-02-2010, 12:49 AM
Any good lobang in bangkok? In term of cheonging places like disco, massage etc.

Welcome to LoS Bro Botarbolampar, Too many places, too little time in BKK :D here a little bit different from VN. ;)

mikemike
05-02-2010, 12:53 AM
Hello Bro Norice!
How many more days to your retirement? How come u start this thread? Scared come Bangkok nothing to do ah?
555+ then can I sign on as part-time tour guide? I will be waving one of those little tour guide flags and herding all those chiongsters along Rachada.

Wah Bro indianmagicoil, you all lobang also want huh :p when you bring me to lim shingha beer :D

Samurairai
05-02-2010, 01:14 AM
how's the bangkok scene of massage?

etct88
05-02-2010, 01:19 AM
Wah Bro indianmagicoil, you all lobang also want huh :p when you bring me to lim shingha beer :D

Lobang, you don't meh:confused: kopi time...... bit...:D

ahtecklim
05-02-2010, 01:08 PM
I am sure there is some type of Singaporean club in Bangkok ; although more for biz/social than cheong purposes. Would be interesting to have one where the group can do a circuit of some sort. For example , this mth , Thai Discos , next month Nana , then Patpong , MPs , Soi Cowboy etc. Somewhere fixed as a home bar to meet at a scheduled time every month. Everyone goes dutch but will have to put 500B for the leader as an apperciation for his time and effort.

sober
05-02-2010, 05:55 PM

Bro indianmagicoil & mike2, bring me along... :p

indianmagicoil
05-02-2010, 10:04 PM
Bangkok has many "lobang" only good or not. Young or old. Kanna carrot head or not. Massage scene depends on what u like. Many types for many budgets. Look in Massage Thread to see what I mean.

Bro Mike2... once I can find excuse to escape OC's clutches how many Singha u want I try to drink with yah. Also tot if Bro Norice starts doing Bangkok Tours he may need some help... Muz find ways and means to survive and hopefully make pocket money at the side mah.

555+ Bro LAT has a good idea... Spore Chiongsters or rather SammyBoy Chiongsters Club... meet every month with different theme/location etc... Eh... Bro Sober need u 2 show me some Bangkok insider tips also. City is too big and like I said Bangkok has too many "lobangs"... Bpai muang Thai sanook gap choke dee naa!

norice
06-02-2010, 01:16 AM
Greetings!

I'm already retired from the government! My last day at work was on Thursday, January 28, 2010. No stress in life, that's my motto!

I'm just following Nana Plaza Forum members, they have meetings every week. I thought having Sammyboy Forum members meeting in Bangkok couple of times a month and partying would be fun. Drinking, eating and sharing our bullshits together and partying till the end would be fun!

Agenda:

6:00 - 7:00 Roll call and drinking
7:00 - 8:00 Eating and bullshiting
8:00 - 9:00 Visitation to spas, gogos, soapys & massage centers, karaokes and discos.
Majority rule.

Everyone is welcome!
I will be in Bangkok from February 27!

mikemike
06-02-2010, 04:49 PM
Lobang, you don't meh:confused: kopi time...... bit...:D

Lobang of cos i want :p about kopi time..PM everyone liao...eieiei

Bro indianmagicoil & mike2, bring me along... :p

Sure..when you are in town again lah..eieiei

Bangkok has many "lobang" only good or not. Young or old. Kanna carrot head or not. Massage scene depends on what u like. Many types for many budgets. Look in Massage Thread to see what I mean.

Bro Mike2... once I can find excuse to escape OC's clutches how many Singha u want I try to drink with yah.

Swee..eieieiei

mikemike
06-02-2010, 04:54 PM
Hi Bro Norice, really glad to hear that and thanks for your effort ya..kudos to you. Chok dee na krap!

sober
06-02-2010, 05:41 PM
Bro Sober need u 2 show me some Bangkok insider tips also. City is too big and like I said Bangkok has too many "lobangs"... Bpai muang Thai sanook gap choke dee naa!

Bro indianmagicoil, 555+++ u gotta be kidding me... I only know the normal and commercial places... can't venture into other places as I can't speak Thai... phom phud Thai mai dai...

Sure..when you are in town again lah..eieiei

Swee..eieieiei

Hehehe... I visit u during CNY lor... I'm going back JB next week :)

dunleavy
06-02-2010, 06:54 PM
Hi,every sammy bros,I'll be in bkk from Feb 16 to 20.Is anybody intersted in

partyting at night?Let's get together and have some fun.Pls pm me.:rolleyes:

presario123
06-02-2010, 10:21 PM
i will be at BBK from 17th to 22nd feb... we can go happy together at night! bro going can pm me too... hee

btw, im staying In TANGO hotel

ahtecklim
07-02-2010, 07:52 AM
you guys are a funny lot. You are asking people go cheong and you expect people to pm you. Do i need to buy you your drinks too? :D

So we have Bro dunleavy and presario123 waiting for each other to PM and nothing ever happens. 5555555555

OK la , if you have any request , PM me ........:rolleyes:

etct88
07-02-2010, 03:53 PM
Bro indianmagicoil, 555+++ u gotta be kidding me... I only know the normal and commercial places... can't venture into other places as I can't speak Thai... phom phud Thai mai dai...

Hehehe... I visit u during CNY lor... I'm going back JB next week :)

Nephew, next week we meet, then you will really know IMO's status.. hint hint, same as our Bro MVT.....:p

Now unker in TBK, with other nephew..... waiting to board ferry back to SG, maybe we should try a trip over to TBK. :D

etct88
07-02-2010, 03:56 PM
you guys are a funny lot. You are asking people go cheong and you expect people to pm you. Do i need to buy you your drinks too? :D

So we have Bro dunleavy and presario123 waiting for each other to PM and nothing ever happens. 5555555555

OK la , if you have any request , PM me ........:rolleyes:

Kor Kor, I have no request, but can I buy you a drink.....:D

mikemike
07-02-2010, 09:41 PM
Hehehe... I visit u during CNY lor... I'm going back JB next week :)[/QUOTE]

oh i see..sure, just give me a buzz when you are in town. :D

indianmagicoil
08-02-2010, 12:35 AM
I'm already retired from the government! My last day at work was on Thursday, January 28, 2010.
Major ENVY man!!! :mad:

Jing lor? Poot Thai mai dai mai bpen rai poot $$$ dai leow! BTW wat u mean by "normal & commercial places"?

Nephew, next week we meet, then you will really know IMO's status.. hint hint, same as our Bro MVT...
Wah... 大哥... like tat meanz wat ah?

oh i see..sure, just give me a buzz when you are in town.
Buzzzzzz.... :D

Tookie
09-02-2010, 11:06 AM
Hello Bros here

Sorry need to hijack the thread a little bit, need some advice here from the lau jiaos.

I would like to open a bank account in BKK, anyone here can advice how to go about doing it? What documents are needed besides the dough?

Thanks

etct88
09-02-2010, 05:12 PM
Major ENVY man!!! :mad:

Don't envy, do it.... like our Bro MVT,

Jing lor? Poot Thai mai dai mai bpen rai poot $$$ dai leow! BTW wat u mean by "normal & commercial places"?

you ask him in person...

Wah... 大哥... like tat meanz wat ah?

it mean, if you and that Bro MVT go cheong together, we all 'char told moh tuck cheng'.....

Buzzzzzz.... :D

Thursday night, TT, Ok or not?

naemlo
09-02-2010, 05:15 PM
I would like to open a bank account in BKK, anyone here can advice how to go about doing it? What documents are needed besides the dough?

Bring your passport and work permit if you have and prepare a permanent Thai address.

The last I went without work permit but I still get a saving account.

indianmagicoil
09-02-2010, 05:55 PM
I would like to open a bank account in BKK
First I ask if u working there or staying long term visa? Not so easy but not so hard also. U ask like this I guessing u dun have work permit right? Open for tirak ah? ;) Bro Naemlo has answered your Qs on what documents to bring leow.

Thursday night, TT, Ok or not?
Tonight?

The last I went without work permit but I still get a saving account.
What bank & branch u go to ah? Me opening one soon. Wanna save some time running around branches and banks.

Great_Shooter
09-02-2010, 07:54 PM
How I wish I can migrate there as well....:p

jeesiaosiao
09-02-2010, 09:58 PM
so envious seeing u all enjoy yourselves there!

indianmagicoil
10-02-2010, 03:56 AM
How I wish I can migrate there as well....:p

so envious seeing u all enjoy yourselves there!
If u really wanna stay in Thailand long term start working on a plan... NOW. Don't wish and envy coz its a waste of time. Anywayz staying in Bangkok for a few days on holiday is completely different if you stay here for a few weeks, months or even years. Grass is always greener on the other side. Yes, chionging is cheaper, food is cheaper... in fact almost everything is cheaper here but what about the negative aspects of living permanently here? Endless traffic jams, noise & industrial pollution, different language & culture, inefficient services, inconvenience of getting around, police & government corruption, serious crime, the mai bpen rai (indifferent) attitude, food that dun taste like home etc...

etct88
10-02-2010, 04:16 AM
Tonight?

wow, you song song till forget your days????? knn. Thursday.... the Thai one different????????:eek:

How many days you there oredi.....????

Seven days only, I home sick....

norice
10-02-2010, 06:20 AM
Indianmagicoil,

Greetings! You're one intelligent guy. First of all, if you want to retire in Bangkok, you must plan and research. I decided to take an eartly retirement 5 years ago. I did all my research and prepared myself mentally, physically and financially! The bottom line is you must have enough funds or you'll be miserable and lonely!

I have 3 major concerns:

1. Air pollution (I don't want to die early with lung disease or cancer)
2. Food, most of the food in Bangkok is fried (cardiovascular disease/problem)
3. Traffic and Thai drivers (In Bangkok, cars and motorcycles have the right of way)

Currently, it's very difficult to open a bank account without work permit!

15 more days!

norice
10-02-2010, 06:32 AM
Hello,

Like I said earlier, "if you want to retire and enjoy your stay in Bangkok, you must have enough money to cover your expenditure!" My monthly budget is approximately 2,000 - 2,500 US Dollars! I hope that's enough to cover rent, utilities, cable/internet, travel, food, medical/dental, spa/massage and night life!

I already made an Excel budget spreadsheet so I can monitor my daily, weekly and monthly expenses. After first quarter, I'll brief everyone, what's my actual expenses. My goal is to boom boom only 2 - 3 times a week!

norice
10-02-2010, 06:38 AM
Hello,

I bank with Siam Commerical Bank. I opened a savings account back in 2007, I used my friend's address. But now, you must have a work permit or owned a property to open a account.

Also, I'm leasing a brand new one-bedroom condo for 19,000B a month.

Good luck!

Tookie
10-02-2010, 11:49 AM
[QUOTE=indianmagicoil;4560051]First I ask if u working there or staying long term visa? Not so easy but not so hard also. U ask like this I guessing u dun have work permit right? Open for tirak ah? ;) Bro Naemlo has answered your Qs on what documents to bring leow.

Tks Bro,

Nah not for her, having an account makes it easier to access the money when needed and also it beats the conversion rate for credit card usage.

Main reason is i am thinking of buying an apt there, any kind soul has any ideas on how to go about doing it, wanna do it privately without her knowledge. Tks

norice
10-02-2010, 01:27 PM
Tookie,

Also, you have to remember that if you want to use ATM machines in Bangkok, there wil be 150B service charge. Unless, you use AEON ATM machine located on the third floor of Justco Building in Ratchada! If you want to buy a brand new condo, let me know and i'll introduce to my realestate agent, she seemed sincere and honest.

Tookie
10-02-2010, 02:07 PM
Tookie,

Also, you have to remember that if you want to use ATM machines in Bangkok, there wil be 150B service charge. Unless, you use AEON ATM machine located on the third floor of Justco Building in Ratchada! If you want to buy a brand new condo, let me know and i'll introduce to my realestate agent, she seemed sincere and honest.

Thanks Bro

Yup was thinking about this project call "Wind"
webby addy Wind Bangkok (http://www.windbangkok.com/)

THanks again

indianmagicoil
10-02-2010, 02:45 PM
wow, you song song till forget your days? knn. Thursday.... the Thai one different? How many days you there oredi...
555+ 大哥 u misunderstand leow lah. I know u mean tomorrow but laz nite I met up with Bro Mike2 so tot u in town. I song-song there not until forget the daz lah!

having an account makes it easier to access the money when needed and also it beats the conversion rate for credit card usage. Main reason is i am thinking of buying an apt there, any kind soul has any ideas on how to go about doing it, wanna do it privately without her knowledge. Tks
Why so troublesome open an a/c juz to withdraw money? Juz plan & budget what u need and bring along the correct amount. I always change some in Singapore and the rest in Bangkok coz the rates there tend to be better. No need change all in one shot. Change what yah need, balance SGD can still bring back.

If u want to buy an apartment there... 1) Thai banks won't lend u the money unless you have a work permit so... 2) u still have to get loan from Singapore bank. Interest rate charged will be quite high. Unless u cash king and pay all in one shot and I'm not sure how u gonna hide the purchase it from her (wife I presume)?

BTW Bro Norice, u sure the AEON bank ATM u mentioned doesn't charge Bht150? Last year all banks in Thailand started charging this fee already. I was going from bank to bank's ATM trying to find one tat doesn't charge but no such luck.
I bank with Siam Commerical Bank. I opened a savings account back in 2007, I used my friend's address. But now, you must have a work permit or owned a property to open a account.
Thats the purple colour bank right? U r right about the work permit (always was the rule & easiest 2 open an a/c) but the property thing I'm not sure. I'll try when I'm back using my apartment lease agreement when I first stayed there. Hopefully the bank mgr can agree to it.

I already made an Excel budget spreadsheet so I can monitor my daily, weekly and monthly expenses. After first quarter, I'll brief everyone, what's my actual expenses. My goal is to boom boom only 2 - 3 times a week!
Wow... u really are meticulous. I also will have a budget but after a few weeks I will be not so disciplined to update it.

I decided to take an eartly retirement 5 years ago. I did all my research and prepared myself mentally, physically and financially! The bottom line is you must have enough funds or you'll be miserable and lonely!

I have 3 major concerns:

1. Air pollution (I don't want to die early with lung disease or cancer)
2. Food, most of the food in Bangkok is fried (cardiovascular disease/problem)
3. Traffic and Thai drivers (In Bangkok, cars and motorcycles have the right of way)
Problem is many come a few days for a holiday, had such a good time so think this country is not a bad place to work & retire. 555+ I call it "holiday syndrome". Thats why when they go back they keep thinking of the place :D

Personally I hope to have a business running + have a passive income stream should I eventually semi-retire there. 555+ are u a fried food addict? There are plenty of healthier options than deep fried what-ever on a stick! I drove in BKK for the first time and it was stressful. Firstly the streets are dimly lit at night and u really gotta watch out for those motor-sai's. Road directional signs are few or only appear at the last minute (hey that highway exit sign shld be placed at least 100 meters BEFORE the exit and not AT the exit!).

Tookie
10-02-2010, 06:48 PM
Why so troublesome open an a/c juz to withdraw money? Juz plan & budget what u need and bring along the correct amount. I always change some in Singapore and the rest in Bangkok coz the rates there tend to be better. No need change all in one shot. Change what yah need, balance SGD can still bring back.

If u want to buy an apartment there... 1) Thai banks won't lend u the money unless you have a work permit so... 2) u still have to get loan from Singapore bank. Interest rate charged will be quite high. Unless u cash king and pay all in one shot and I'm not sure how u gonna hide the purchase it from her (wife I presume)?

Thanks Bro for the infor.

Main reason to open an account is to have my monies transfer there for retirement and housing purchase purpose cuz i understand that you need some kind of documents from the bank that shows that you actually transfer legitimate monies over.

Any other way to get around getting the loan? I understand that Bangkok Bank do hands out loans to foreigners but like you say must have work permit though. Thanks

norice
11-02-2010, 12:05 AM
Indianmagicoil,

Yes, SCB has the purple signs! No, you can't open a savings account with only apartment lease agreement, my friend tried and he was rejected. You need to own a property or has work permit.

ahtecklim
11-02-2010, 12:43 PM
Tookie - the faster you learn and accept that thais do things their way the better. Doesn't not have to make sense to you or anyone else but it has to be their own way!

Go with the flow and their maipenrai attitude and you find yourself one step closer to having a good time in thailand - short or long term.

Ghost Kelevra
11-02-2010, 02:10 PM

Ah bro correct you there changing money in singapore is way better in singapore you at least get 23.5 per dollar as to 22.8 per dollar in thailand. And can anybody tell me where to learn thai. I got thai gf but trying to learn thai on my own hard

indianmagicoil
11-02-2010, 02:21 PM
Ah bro correct you there changing money in singapore is way better in singapore you at least get 23.5 per dollar as to 22.8 per dollar in thailand. And can anybody tell me where to learn thai. I got thai gf but trying to learn thai on my own hard

Wah! Singapore now still got 23.5??? Where ah? Tell me quick! So many bros will also wanna know. If "jun" all will up your points.

U got thai GF and u still need to learn from elsewhere? something is not right here.

norice
11-02-2010, 02:57 PM
Hello,

Also, I need to learn Thai! I have lots of time so which school is the best place to learn Thai?

Thanks,

14 days

Ghost Kelevra
12-02-2010, 05:03 AM
Wah! Singapore now still got 23.5??? Where ah? Tell me quick! So many bros will also wanna know. If "jun" all will up your points.

U got thai GF and u still need to learn from elsewhere? something is not right here.

last i checked was at golenmile. try the 2nd last changer or the last one both give slightly higher rates. But i think drop again. My thai GF not in singapore plus she busy running own restaurant so no time teach me. I learn from book but very basic tourist thai. which i dont really need

Star_lite
12-02-2010, 05:36 AM
Bro i suggest you can try getting a uob thai account.. If not wrong can link it to singapore uob.. withdraw money also no need pay asmuch fee, if not wrong only need to pay sgp side only

indianmagicoil
12-02-2010, 12:22 PM
last i checked was at golenmile. try the 2nd last changer or the last one both give slightly higher rates. But i think drop again.
Alamak bro... u dun let people go GM for nothing leh... my last post of 23.16 was from GM also last money changer - Bangkok Exchange or something like that. Near entrance at the other end (i.e. not at 5 Star Travel side). When was your "last i checked" date?

U think drop again? Its been dropping since beginning of January. Uncle old already cannot run around town chasing false info unlike youngster like u. :rolleyes:

indianmagicoil
12-02-2010, 12:24 PM
Bro i suggest you can try getting a uob thai account.. If not wrong can link it to singapore uob.. withdraw money also no need pay asmuch fee, if not wrong only need to pay sgp side only
Bro u go thru NS before? What they teach u? "If not wrong" means "not sure" right? Must be "SURE" coz last time I checked they are totally unrelated and even if use my Spore UOB ATM card withdraw also kanna BHT150 surcharge.

Bangkok Master
12-02-2010, 03:57 PM
U think drop again? Its been dropping since beginning of January. Uncle old already cannot run around town chasing false info unlike youngster like u. :rolleyes:

The rates are going to drop further after CNY as the last time I spoke to my friend who's dealing with currency mentioned that it will go all the way to around 21.7baht = SGD1 so those big time cheongsters please stock up your thai baht now...

Personally I prefer to change it at Parkway Parade (at the most LEFT HAND SIDE) facing from Yakun, the malaysian ah lian can be negotiable on the rates if you change from 1K SGD onwards

Bangkok Master
12-02-2010, 04:08 PM
Hello,

Also, I need to learn Thai! I have lots of time so which school is the best place to learn Thai?

Thanks,

14 days

The best place to learn thai language are DISCOS,AGOGO BARS, MASSAGE PARLOURS etc...hahaha just kidding...

From my humble knowledge, CHULA UNIVERSITY has special program for foreigners to learn thai and their teachers are quite professional, I got a friend who obtained his masters in thai language and now he speaks better than thai natives...haha

You got to check it out on their website:
Chulalongkorn University (http://www.chula.ac.th/index_eng.htm)

Tookie
12-02-2010, 08:36 PM
Bro u go thru NS before? What they teach u? "If not wrong" means "not sure" right? Must be "SURE" coz last time I checked they are totally unrelated and even if use my Spore UOB ATM card withdraw also kanna BHT150 surcharge.

Agree with you bro

Ghost Kelevra
13-02-2010, 07:18 AM
Alamak bro... u dun let people go GM for nothing leh... my last post of 23.16 was from GM also last money changer - Bangkok Exchange or something like that. Near entrance at the other end (i.e. not at 5 Star Travel side). When was your "last i checked" date?

The last i check was early last month. Hahaha sorry ah bro here we are all bro we dont see age one. i also somethines lazy want to run around

norice
13-02-2010, 09:25 AM
Bangkok Master,

Thanks for the message! When I retire in Bangkok, I'shall check out Chula University's Thai Language Program. Also, I might be lucky and meet some of the students!

Thanks

BlueDragon193
13-02-2010, 02:58 PM
Bangkok Master,

Thanks for the message! When I retire in Bangkok, I'shall check out Chula University's Thai Language Program. Also, I might be lucky and meet some of the students!

Thanks

Don't forget to share with us.:D Chok Dee.

norice
13-02-2010, 03:12 PM
Blue Dragon,

Sure, you folks can have all the young, attractive, flat chested and gold digging Chula graduate students! But after thorough investigation, going to Chulalongkorn to learn Thai language is bad ides for me because their language classes are too intense! I have to figure out different school to learn Thai.

BlueDragon193
13-02-2010, 04:07 PM
Blue Dragon,

Sure, you folks can have all the young, attractive, flat chested and gold digging Chula graduate students! But after thorough investigation, going to Chulalongkorn to learn Thai language is bad ides for me because their language classes are too intense! I have to figure out different school to learn Thai.

Try My Thai Language School in 18/F RS Tower in Ratchada.

My Thai Language School Bangkok, Thailand qualifies for a one year non-immigration ED visa and gives students the possibility to learn Thai language and Culture with great teachers. (http://www.mythailanguage.com/)

ahtecklim
13-02-2010, 05:10 PM
Blue Dragon,

55555 you know the student scene well in Bangkok! :D

Glock
13-02-2010, 09:37 PM
you are living the Singapore Dream!!

Greetings!

I'm already retired from the government! My last day at work was on Thursday, January 28, 2010. No stress in life, that's my motto!

I'm just following Nana Plaza Forum members, they have meetings every week. I thought having Sammyboy Forum members meeting in Bangkok couple of times a month and partying would be fun. Drinking, eating and sharing our bullshits together and partying till the end would be fun!

Agenda:

6:00 - 7:00 Roll call and drinking
7:00 - 8:00 Eating and bullshiting
8:00 - 9:00 Visitation to spas, gogos, soapys & massage centers, karaokes and discos.
Majority rule.

Everyone is welcome!
I will be in Bangkok from February 27!

indianmagicoil
13-02-2010, 10:34 PM
The last i check was early last month. Hahaha sorry ah bro here we are all bro we dont see age one. i also somethines lazy want to run around
Bro... u wan kana f**k izzit? U post any info here must be accurate and relevant. Might as well say u heard ST can have for BHt1000 but that was 15 years ago price? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

For all bros info... yesterday update... Arcade (Raffles Place) 23.32 to 23.36 (various changers) and GM (Bangkok Forex) 23.28.

Anywayz new year coming soon... can't scold people... not so nice naa...
Have a HAPPY THAI-GER YEAR! 新年快樂!

takefive1937
14-02-2010, 12:21 AM
last i checked was at golenmile. try the 2nd last changer or the last one both give slightly higher rates. But i think drop again. My thai GF not in singapore plus she busy running own restaurant so no time teach me. I learn from book but very basic tourist thai. which i dont really need

bro,me send to my wife only bht 23.26 on 12/02 only:o

which/where money changer have higher rates:eek:

naemlo
14-02-2010, 02:18 AM

Different entity... no link...

naemlo
14-02-2010, 02:23 AM
Yes, SCB has the purple signs! No, you can't open a savings account with only apartment lease agreement, my friend tried and he was rejected. You need to own a property or has work permit.

5 years ago, I went to the headquarter of Bangkok Bank in Silom, told them I need a saving acct and they requested a perm address in Thailand only. I passed the money for deposit and few mins later, I was given a debit card with ATM features and a saving book. Didn't know it is so troublesome now.

My Thai was from long hair personally tutor. :D

norice
14-02-2010, 07:20 AM
Naemlo,

Me too, about 2008, I opened a savings account with Siam Commercial Bank and I used my friend's address. Currently, you need a work permit or owned a property in Thailand!

I have Zen MP3 player with 12 Thai Language CDs, so that's how I'm going to start learning Thais for several months! By July, I will be attending one of the language schools in Bangkok.

khunsanook
14-02-2010, 11:11 PM
Haven't made a post for quite a while. Happy Lunar New Year and congratulations to Bro Norice.

I have a few Thai bank accounts but my first one, in 2007, was made using company employment contract. I didn't had the work permit yet at that time. I showed it to the officer and she went off talking to 1 or 2 of her colleagues before she oked my application.

Makes me wonder if you can ask some friends for favor and type a employment offer contract, using their company letterhead and convince the bank you are getting your work permit soon. But once you opened the account, they never bother to check anyway.

norice
15-02-2010, 02:01 PM
Khunsanook,

Once again you're correct, once you open an account, the bank's management will not bother you! The problem is to be in compliance with their policies of opening an initial account. I guess the problem lies with money laundering and terrorism. I don't know, that's my guess!

Ninja_Assassin
16-02-2010, 01:41 AM
Khunsanook,

Once again you're correct, once you open an account, the bank's management will not bother you! The problem is to be in compliance with their policies of opening an initial account. I guess the problem lies with money laundering and terrorism. I don't know, that's my guess!

So troublesome to open bank account now. Things were so much simpler about 20 years ago. I had an account with Bangkok Bank in McCallum street then. When I asked the manager about opening account in Thailand, he gave me an intro letter and when I was in Hatyai I handed over the letter and my money to the bank. Fifteen minutes later I left the bank with my new account, atm card and bankbook. :p

Dr. Dre
16-02-2010, 02:07 AM
So troublesome to open bank account now. Things were so much simpler about 20 years ago. I had an account with Bangkok Bank in McCallum street then. When I asked the manager about opening account in Thailand, he gave me an intro letter and when I was in Hatyai I handed over the letter and my money to the bank. Fifteen minutes later I left the bank with my new account, atm card and bankbook.

hello brudder you damn talk cock lah! :rolleyes:

i can still understand if you say 2 years ago Thai bank policies are like this or like that.

your comparison to 20 years ago is a little too far fetched man! 20 years ago MediaCorp is still known as SBC leh! :rolleyes: :D

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/9/94/Sbc_sg_logo.png/110px-Sbc_sg_logo.png

dunworri
16-02-2010, 07:43 PM
So troublesome to open bank account now. Things were so much simpler about 20 years ago. I had an account with Bangkok Bank in McCallum street then. When I asked the manager about opening account in Thailand, he gave me an intro letter and when I was in Hatyai I handed over the letter and my money to the bank. Fifteen minutes later I left the bank with my new account, atm card and bankbook. :p

bro Ninja Assassin,you had atm card and bank account 20 yrs ago...
you should know where's KHON KAEN:p

http://www.sammyboyforum.com/international-field-reports/161051-khon-kaen-post4406719.html#post4406719

Ninja_Assassin
16-02-2010, 11:54 PM
bro Ninja Assassin,you had atm card and bank account 20 yrs ago...
you should know where's KHON KAEN:p

http://www.sammyboyforum.com/international-field-reports/161051-khon-kaen-post4406719.html#post4406719

Me only cheong Hatyai back then. Not interested in other parts of LOS :p

motoji
17-02-2010, 12:57 AM
Khon Kaen is 2 hrs drive after korat toWards Udon Thani direction.

kingking28
17-02-2010, 12:58 AM
went to SCB to open a saving accounts...
the manager ask me for work permit...
told him i dun have 1 and say i wan bank in abt 1 million baht ...
got approve immediately... and i applied for a debit card too..
( not trying to boast, but tat is reali wat i did... )

indianmagicoil
17-02-2010, 03:16 AM
Khon Kaen is 2 hrs drive after korat toWards Udon Thani direction.
Wheres Korat?

etct88
17-02-2010, 12:10 PM
Wheres Korat?

where's udong thani?????

Tookie
17-02-2010, 01:21 PM
Wheres Korat?

Korat is about 2+ hrs drive from BKK

muddymudpie
17-02-2010, 02:04 PM
Happy Lunar new year to all bros here..

Am not as familiar with Bkk as I am with Chiang Mai, but I presume the bank policies would apply throughout all Thailand.

I opened my bank account middle last year, at K bank, or Kasikorn bank (without a work permit). The only document needed was my passport. Was told thereafter by a local friend that only K bank offers this for foreigners without a resident permit (Note: I haven't authenticated this claim).

For me currently transfering funds has alway been easy through my citi account in Sgp, footing only the currency exchange fees. Am still on the lookout for cheaper alternatives.. cheers!

SpeedSiao
17-02-2010, 02:22 PM

Am not as familiar with Bkk as I am with Chiang Mai, but I presume the bank policies would apply throughout all Thailand.

I opened my bank account middle last year, at K bank, or Kasikorn bank (without a work permit). The only document needed was my passport. Was told thereafter by a local friend that only K bank offers this for foreigners without a resident permit (Note: I haven't authenticated this claim).

For me currently transfering funds has alway been easy through my citi account in Sgp, footing only the currency exchange fees. Am still on the lookout for cheaper alternatives.. cheers!

Yo Bro Muddy

Whats the initial deposit required

BlueDragon193
17-02-2010, 03:55 PM
Yo Bro Muddy

Whats the initial deposit required

Have two accounts with Bangkok bank and Kasikorn bank and found K Bank with the most flexible policy among the other local banks. You can apply for your saving, atm debit card, internet banking and web shopping card (virtual credit card). Check their website for more info.

KASIKORNBANK (http://www.kasikornbank.com/EN/Pages/Default.aspx)

Tookie
18-02-2010, 04:32 PM

Bro, Tks for the great infor

indianmagicoil
19-02-2010, 03:53 AM
Thanks to all bros giving their 2 satangs worth of opinions & experiences. Which goes to confirm what I knew all along that it all depends on the bank manager of the branch. I asked a few Thai friends too and they tell me the same unless u cash king and deposit Bht1,000,000. The Bht 1 million is also one of the criteria if you want to start your own Thai registered company. Either cash or a Thai property worth at least that amount + a few hundred thousand bahts in case of course. Getting a work permit & registering a Thai company there are plenty of sites (not SBF) that have on going forum discussions on this.

Thanks also Bro Mudpie & Blue Dragon for the heads up on K Bank... I also did some comparison and found them the most favorable to open an a/c without much hassle. Will check them out my next trip.

PS where is Udon Thani ah? Izzit also 2hr+ from Bangkok too? :D

williamangkh
19-02-2010, 12:21 PM
Thanks to all bros giving their 2 satangs worth of opinions & experiences. Which goes to confirm what I knew all along that it all depends on the bank manager of the branch. I asked a few Thai friends too and they tell me the same unless u cash king and deposit Bht1,000,000. The Bht 1 million is also one of the criteria if you want to start your own Thai registered company. Either cash or a Thai property worth at least that amount + a few hundred thousand bahts in case of course. Getting a work permit & registering a Thai company there are plenty of sites (not SBF) that have on going forum discussions on this.

Thanks also Bro Mudpie & Blue Dragon for the heads up on K Bank... I also did some comparison and found them the most favorable to open an a/c without much hassle. Will check them out my next trip.

PS where is Udon Thani ah? Izzit also 2hr+ from Bangkok too? :D

Yes, K Bank is the easiest Bank to open a saving account with debit card throw in without question asked. The rest of the other banks insisted to request to see at least a work permit.

For those who had applied for work permit before will know that you need a bank account before you can apply a work permit. Strange! LOL (Amazing Thailand)

Udon Thani is in the Northeast of Thailand and about 6+ hour from Bangkok. It is a province (changwat) after Korn Kaen Changwat.

Welcome to Thailand, bro Norice. :)

norice
22-02-2010, 08:58 AM
Hello,

On Friday, February 26, redshirts might cause a riot all over Bangkok, due to Supreme Court's decision regarding Thaksin's assets! Should I cancel my trip to Bangkok to later date? Decision, decision and decision, I don't know what to do!

williamangkh
22-02-2010, 10:34 AM
Hi Bro norice, the court decision on 26th Feb on Thaksin's case in inevitable caused some concern but i truly believe the court decision will likely to make eveybody happy in order to prevent a mayhem like in Songkran 2009.

If you plan to retire in Bangkok, Thailand then it is an opportunity to witness such incident (if any) in person and judge yourself whether you are still plan to retire in Thailand.

If you have make up your mind about retiring in Thailand, then such politic chaos is the normal way of life in Thailand(get accustom to it) and normal people still continue to goes to work, school and companies still functioning.

For precaution, do not goes to the city (surrounding areas of the government house). Also, do not wear red, yellow or blue shirt during that period.

Just my 2 baht worth.

:)

norice
22-02-2010, 12:38 PM
Williamangkh,

Thanks for your advice, I already retired and will be moving to Bangkok. My flight lands on Friday, approximately 5:00 p.m.! I hope, I can safely go to Palazzo without any problems.
Let's pray that after the Supreme Court's verdict, evertyone realize that Thaksin must pay taxes like everyone else!

williamangkh
22-02-2010, 12:49 PM
Trip from airport to Plazzo should be alright...do not worry so much.

As for Thaksin's case, i think it is not about his tax eviction but more of his policies during his term in the office that favour his family businesses.

All biz owners will try ways and means to evict tax, it is part of being in business.

It just that his business was sold to Temasek that make headline due to Singapore being a foreign country and the asset in Shin Corp do have a satellite which is sensitive to Thai people.

As for your retirement in Bangkok, Thailand, i do suggest that you should look into owning a car. Easier for you to take a driving holidays. It is more fun than immerse into the daily routine of clubbing (which you will be bore after doing it too often)

Just my personal view only.

norice
26-02-2010, 04:16 PM
Hello,

Life sucks, I'm stuck at Taipei Airport for 5 hours due to plane delay and US Custom Agents checking every passengers for amount of monetary funds carrying outside of US.

Good News, attractive girls working at the China Airline's Business Lounge keep on giving me the Jordache ook because I'm handsome and fit! Ha ha ha ha ha ha and I don't have money!

Bangkok, here I come!!!

indianmagicoil
26-02-2010, 05:59 PM
Is Taipei still wet and dreary? Was there last week... missed Thailand mak mak! To play safe stock up on your pink shirts. Throw away all red, yellow and dark blue ones!

High court decision or not. Life juz goes on for most Thais. Its either they freeze his money - Reds riot. Or not - Yellows riot. Me guessin the Reds have learnt from last year's Songkran fiasco that blockading junctions won't work in Bangkok where the urban-elite-royalist are. Thats why the Reds are trying for a "million man march" the next few of months.

Life now in Thailand revolves around politics. My tirak's sister's wedding got hijacked into a mini Red shirt rally when the village headman started everyone shouting political slogans. My middle class Thai friends dun like Taksin but grudgingly agree tat he was good for business. There is a rich hi-so Bangkokian, which rumor has it, made a foot mat with a picture of Taksin at his office for people to step on.

We as farangs should juz step back and not get too involved. Accept the fact that this political impasse won't have a solution soon. Life still goes on in Bangkok (and Thailand) juz avoid the places where there is gonna be trouble - you will know where becoz they practically will announce it in the media.

BTW wat iz the "Jordache" look :confused:

Tookie
27-02-2010, 11:40 AM
Hi Bros

I hope anyone here can help me translate this 2 sentence to English.

Many thanks for the help

วันนี้ วันไหน ก็ อโลน เหมือนเคย คนดีดี ที่ไม่โรคจิต หายไปไหนหมดนะนี่นะ

ไม่ได้ว่าคราย แถวนี้ หรือแถวไหนๆนะ ว่าแต่คนโรคจิตเท่าน๊านนน

Bangkok Master
27-02-2010, 05:40 PM
Hello,

Life sucks, I'm stuck at Taipei Airport for 5 hours due to plane delay and US Custom Agents checking every passengers for amount of monetary funds carrying outside of US.

Good News, attractive girls working at the China Airline's Business Lounge keep on giving me the Jordache ook because I'm handsome and fit! Ha ha ha ha ha ha and I don't have money!

Bangkok, here I come!!!

Good luck to your new adventure in Bangkok, I'm headingo Bangkok on 12th Mar for business maybe if you are free we can catch you for some action!

thailuck
04-03-2010, 06:24 PM
Hi Bros

Many thanks for the help

Bro, where do u get this? ger sent to u?

try this Google Translate (http://translate.google.com.my)

indianmagicoil
04-03-2010, 08:26 PM
LOL 555+ followed the Goggle translator link and this is wat I got...

Today is the day which was good alone as well not be what bugs missing นะ here นะ.
That c is not a row or rows where your step. But that person as a mental disorder as a น๊า.

Me thinks get a long hair dictionary better :D

Tookie
04-03-2010, 09:48 PM
Bro, where do u get this? ger sent to u?

try this Google Translate (http://translate.google.com.my)

Hey Bro

Thanks for trying to help, have already got the meaning of it.

Tookie
04-03-2010, 09:50 PM

Today is the day which was good alone as well not be what bugs missing นะ here นะ.
That c is not a row or rows where your step. But that person as a mental disorder as a น๊า.

Ya Bro you are right get a long hair dictionary is the best choice, the translater was nowhere close to it except for a few words 555

jadedragon
04-03-2010, 11:02 PM
[QUOTE=norice;4574666]Naemlo,

Me too, about 2008, I opened a savings account with Siam Commercial Bank and I used my friend's address. Currently, you need a work permit or owned a property in Thai

jamesdean
04-03-2010, 11:21 PM
so many bros living in thailand, i also hope to make it there 1 day when i grow old

indianmagicoil
05-03-2010, 02:24 AM
so many bros living in thailand, i also hope to make it there 1 day when i grow old
U muz make it there BEFORE u grow old. Old already lan cheow lau kok kok very hard to enjoy.

thailuck
05-03-2010, 10:16 AM

5555 maybe u need to translate from thai to thai, than that is english wording in THAI.:D

indianmagicoil
05-03-2010, 11:32 AM
5555 maybe u need to translate from thai to thai, than that is english wording in THAI.:D
555+ nothing happened! Hiyah... long hair dictionary still better :D

etct88
05-03-2010, 12:03 PM
555+ nothing happened! Hiyah... long hair dictionary still better :D

'long hair dictionary' is not still better :eek:..... It is the BEST:D:D

naemlo
05-03-2010, 12:16 PM
555+ nothing happened! Hiyah... long hair dictionary still better

'long hair dictionary' is not still better ..... It is the BEST

Anyone knows where to buy this long hair dictionary? :D I normally see oxford dictionary on the display. :o

motoji
05-03-2010, 12:17 PM
Hi Bros

Many thanks for the help

I try my best, hope no errors

Thai : Wan nee Wan nai, kor alone meurn keur khon dee dee tee mai rod jit, hai pai nai mod na nee na, mai dai wa khrai, tiow nee reu tiow nai nai na, wa tae khon rod jit tao nannnn

(direct translated) English : Today or any day also alone, like someone not insane. where is everyone gone? i am not scolding anyone, here and everywhere, only for the insane.

this is definitely not a song or something formal, must be a message from a girl using informal Thai

Hasa Sas
05-03-2010, 12:19 PM
It is good to know that bangkok is still the much loving destination for fun, party & food . Defintely would still remain the top choice for many cheongsters i believe...
Time flies....3 years since i last stepped into a soapy joint in krung thep although i had still been there occasionally for other reasons.

Many of the cheongsters that i know of has either retired in LOS, started a family & invade to PRC for a different experience. Sigh! Will bangkok still be the land of smile towards the next decade ......will witness till then :)

Tookie
05-03-2010, 02:16 PM

Thai : Wan nee Wan nai, kor alone meurn keur khon dee dee tee mai rod jit, hai pai nai mod na nee na, mai dai wa khrai, tiow nee reu tiow nai nai na, wa tae khon rod jit tao nannnn

(direct translated) English : Today or any day also alone, like someone not insane. where is everyone gone? i am not scolding anyone, here and everywhere, only for the insane.

this is definitely not a song or something formal, must be a message from a girl using informal Thai

Bro

Spot on with your translation, message was meant for me.

etct88
05-03-2010, 02:38 PM
Anyone knows where to buy this long hair dictionary? :D I normally see oxford dictionary on the display. :o

In a place called, Money.........:D:D

Tookie
05-03-2010, 02:48 PM

Bro

You can buy from Thailand, price depends on statistics, better tbuy than the oxford dictionary as it's a walking dictionary ;)

norice
09-03-2010, 06:42 PM
Hello,

Greetings from Bangkok! Man, it's very hot and expensive to live in Bangkok! You better have some extra green cabbage to live in Bangkok. I've been here only for 11 days and I've spent lots of money cleaning and getting my new condo ready to live comfortably! The owner is nice but he didn't cleaned the place and I had to buy small things but costly if you only go to Robinson or Central Department Stores!

Currently in Pattaya with friends from Hawaii and will return to Bangkok on Thursday. Too many Russians in Pattaya and I wasn't impressed with the line up of phuyings!

Also, stopped figuring out my daily expenditures to determine monthly and annual expenditure spreadsheet! I must go to fight the redshirts!

indianmagicoil
15-03-2010, 01:41 AM
I had to buy small things but costly if you only go to Robinson or Central Department Stores!

Also, stopped figuring out my daily expenditures to determine monthly and annual expenditure spreadsheet!
555+ bro hows retirement so far? U shld have gone to Carrefour or Tesco instead! Yeah... takes some discipline to maintain a budget... I always blow mine! :(

15-03-2010, 12:51 PM
Any SB mates in BKK to cheong? I am in 19 March. :D

etct88
16-03-2010, 01:46 AM
555+ bro hows retirement so far? U shld have gone to Carrefour or Tesco instead! Yeah... takes some discipline to maintain a budget... I always blow mine! :(

I oredi into KK mini mart, buy from local provision shops, eat at road side... once in a while, had a 99 bahts 'eat all you can' buffet BBQ...:o:(

GrandiOsO!
16-03-2010, 02:07 AM
Hello,

On Friday, February 26, redshirts might cause a riot all over Bangkok, due to Supreme Court's decision regarding Thaksin's assets! Should I cancel my trip to Bangkok to later date? Decision, decision and decision, I don't know what to do!

How;s the situation over there now. ?those red-shirts

fs1964x
16-03-2010, 09:34 AM
How;s the situation over there now. ?those red-shirts

I just came back over the weekend.

Airport to Ratchada area was ok. Not a single person wearing red just in case mistaken identity.

Not sure about the places in town which I think should be quite bad in terms of traffic.

ima78
16-03-2010, 11:27 AM

damn informal i will say

norice
16-03-2010, 04:40 PM
Hello,

Yes, brothers, I must shop at discount markets and stores! My funds are running out but not too bad. Been to Pattaya and it's okay but too many Russians and monkeys! In my opinion, Bangkok girls are better looking but more expensive!

Don't worry about red-shirts, they don't demonstrate at tourist areas! Ratchada and Sukhumvit is safe to sanuk at all hours! Lots of girls are chasing me due to my looks and fitness, only joke! Had great time at Thermae Coffee shop, tons of attractive girls, going rate 1,500 - 2,000 short time.

Have a safe holidays and see you folks in Bangkok!

Aloha

keeper82
16-03-2010, 11:55 PM
Any SB mates in BKK to cheong? I am in 19 March. :D

Hi Bro,

I'm heading in on the 24th till 28th march. Will be staying at Sukhuvit there. Will be visiting Soi Cowboy to look for my gal. 555

OceanEleven
17-03-2010, 01:08 PM
From what I know, it is never cheap to live in BKK, especially if you wanna be in the heart of it. Will take a fair share of satangs to maintain reasonably comfy level. ;)

romanspa
17-03-2010, 01:20 PM
Shift abit outskirt, living is more comfortable and head over to BKK when needed.......

they are now at soi31.... omg...... there goes my meetings for the week!

indianmagicoil
18-03-2010, 02:36 AM
I oredi into KK mini mart, buy from local provision shops, eat at road side... once in a while, had a 99 bahts 'eat all you can' buffet BBQ...:o:(
大哥 u forget to mention shoppin at the Seven too! How r u? Long time no see. When driving up again? If need co-driver lemme know :D

norice
18-03-2010, 08:29 PM
Hello,

Yes, I agree, it's never too cheap to live in Bangkok, due to monetary exchange issues! If you don't boom boom too frequently, it's fairly cheap but due to the hot weather, you have to use AC all the time and it could cost lots of money in the long run! Cheap place to get your rock off is at CCK Massage, Lolita and Cafe Biwa!

Best place to look at attractive Hisos are in Central World, Emporium Mall and Espanade Mall in Ratchada. Great place to have lunch is at Fuji Restaurant, order steak lunch special for only 160B!

etct88
19-03-2010, 03:26 AM
大哥 u forget to mention shoppin at the Seven too! How r u? Long time no see. When driving up again? If need co-driver lemme know :D

ah.... Seven more expensive than KK mart:mad:...... Seven is convenience with a price..... having been driving all along, feel like driving to BKK, look see, look see the ang ang running all around......:p but can't, have to head back South soon....:( back to the dark side..

indianmagicoil
19-03-2010, 03:52 AM
ah.... Seven more expensive than KK mart...... feel like driving to BKK, look see, look see the ang ang running all around... but can't, have to head back South soon.... back to the dark side..
KK mart? Jialat I stay so long never heard of it... Seven's prices still cheaper than some mom & pop stores. Guess thats why they r sproutin all over the place. How come things sold at Sillypore's Sevens cost so much? Both operate 24hours :mad:

Red Army gonna disperse soon if u wan 2 see them then come up north quick. Abisit stood his ground and now it seems the Reds have a split between the moderates and the hawks. U not joining the party tiz end of nxt week? Quite a few chiongsters droppin by :cool:

etct88
19-03-2010, 05:03 AM
KK mart? Jialat I stay so long never heard of it... Seven's prices still cheaper than some mom & pop stores. Guess thats why they r sproutin all over the place. How come things sold at Sillypore's Sevens cost so much? Both operate 24hours :mad:

Red Army gonna disperse soon if u wan 2 see them then come up north quick. Abisit stood his ground and now it seems the Reds have a split between the moderates and the hawks. U not joining the party tiz end of nxt week? Quite a few chiongsters droppin by :cool:

KK mart is just some of the Seven Eleven wannabes, their stuff are generally 5 - 10% cheaper...... quality wise, hmmmm... some time better sometime suspicious.... :eek:

Funds for this red round is meant to be less than a month.... want to know how much each red shirt comes along with??? btw, there is an end date, too....

Unfortunately, my trips to BKK must have golf, so I would be an anti social day time animal.....:o

indianmagicoil
20-03-2010, 03:19 AM
and Espanade Mall in Ratchada. Great place to have lunch is at Fuji Restaurant, order steak lunch special for only 160B!
555+ Are u the dude tat goes to Fuji almost everyday?

KK mart is just some of the Seven Eleven wannabes,
...Unfortunately, my trips to BKK must have golf, so I would be an anti social day time animal
I only know Family Mart... will keep a look out for this KK Marts. 555+ u day time anti-social animal but night time is Party Animal? :D

etct88
21-03-2010, 03:23 AM
I only know Family Mart... will keep a look out for this KK Marts. 555+ u day time anti-social animal but night time is Party Animal? :D

... that one is a fcuker la...... don't talk about him....:D:p

jojo456
22-03-2010, 09:06 AM
how much we need to live in BKK?
1000sgd / mth enough?

Tookie
22-03-2010, 11:07 AM
Bros

Need your help to advice of any nice and romantic restaurant in BKK, your earliest revert is greatly appreciated

Thank you and have a nice day

norice
22-03-2010, 05:03 PM
Tookie,

My recommendation is restaurant located on the top floor of Landmark Hotel.

norice
22-03-2010, 05:05 PM
Jo Jo,

If you decide to live in a studio, you only need $1,500, US dollars. But, if you decide to stay in a one bedroom, you need at least 2,000! It include travel, food, electricity, water and sanuking expenses.

KillBill2
22-03-2010, 05:37 PM
Bros

Need your help to advice of any nice and romantic restaurant in BKK, your earliest revert is greatly appreciated

Thank you and have a nice day

If price is not a problem, then VERTIGO, on the 60th floor of Banyan Tree Bangkok.

jojo456
22-03-2010, 07:30 PM
Jo Jo,

If you decide to live in a studio, you only need $1,500, US dollars. But, if you decide to stay in a one bedroom, you need at least 2,000! It include travel, food, electricity, water and sanuking expenses.

wow so ex man.
u mean 1k spore not enough?
the smallest room is how much per mth?
cos in vietnam hcmc, the room is 150sgd / mth

Tookie
22-03-2010, 08:51 PM
If price is not a problem, then VERTIGO, on the 60th floor of Banyan Tree Bangkok.

Thanks Bro for the recommendation, sorry i forgot to informed that i have already been to the above place and the Breeze in state tower as well.

Looking for something new, thanks again

keeper82
24-03-2010, 12:15 PM

Bro, I heard that VERTIGO is a place that you have to wear formal attire?

So far, not much tourist at Soi cowboy here. Yesterday night is rather quiet. Seems like I have so much gals sitting with me... 5555

norice
24-03-2010, 10:39 PM
Hello,

Cost to boom boom:

Nana Parking lot and Sukhumvit street ladies of the night, they're asking $1,000B. Lolita for BBJs, asking 800B.

Rainbow I has the best looking go go dancers for now, better than Soi Cowboy girls!

etct88
25-03-2010, 01:07 AM
wow so ex man.
u mean 1k spore not enough?
the smallest room is how much per mth?
cos in vietnam hcmc, the room is 150sgd / mth

There rooms that cost 3000 bahts (about SGD130). There are plenty of such rooms around Ratchada. They are nice and clean, come with attached bath, aircon, security, etc. nicer than those in Vietnam (hope we are talking about the same range) The electricity (utility)cost varies. Reasonable usage of the aircon would set you back by about 1000 Baht, thereabout.

SGD1 k, can be enough. But I think SGD 2k would be just nice for me, can play golf and 19 hole..... if no golf or hanky panky, SGD 1 k can have local girl friend and pak tor....:p

btw, no offence, Bro Norice is a rich retiree, with many USDs......:D

indianmagicoil
25-03-2010, 11:18 PM
There rooms that cost 3000 bahts (about SGD130). There are plenty of such rooms around Ratchada. They are nice and clean, come with attached bath, aircon, security, etc. nicer than those in Vietnam (hope we are talking about the same range) The electricity (utility)cost varies. Reasonable usage of the aircon would set you back by about 1000 Baht, thereabout.

SGD1 k, can be enough. But I think SGD 2k would be just nice for me, can play golf and 19 hole..... if no golf or hanky panky, SGD 1 k can have local girl friend and pak tor....:p

btw, no offence, Bro Norice is a rich retiree, with many USDs......:D
555+ 大哥 where are these nice sub-Bht3K apartments? The ones I see so far will get you a rather small room, place in the outskirts, old and dirty or all of the above! Add your electricity + water + WIFI and we are looking at least Bht4K minimum for rent. Which is like SGD175 (at today's exchange rate). Thats leaves you $825 for the rest of the month. Lets see if I can break this down... first of all "Chiong" expenses, which why we r all in this forum for. So if you need to release at least 3 times a week. Assuming u chiong solo without anyone to share the costs with...
Bht2000 (overnight) + Bht500 (bar fine) + Bht300 (some bar expenses eg. tips, drinks, makan) + taxi (to & fro) Bht 100 = Bht 2,900/night or $125 per outing x 3 nights x 4 weeks = $1,500 for a whole month of chionging. Oops there goes your budget... :D

etct88
26-03-2010, 06:32 PM
555+ 大哥 where are these nice sub-Bht3K apartments? The ones I see so far will get you a rather small room, place in the outskirts, old and dirty or all of the above! Add your electricity + water + WIFI and we are looking at least Bht4K minimum for rent. Which is like SGD175 (at today's exchange rate). Thats leaves you $825 for the rest of the month. Lets see if I can break this down... first of all "Chiong" expenses, which why we r all in this forum for. So if you need to release at least 3 times a week. Assuming u chiong solo without anyone to share the costs with...
Bht2000 (overnight) + Bht500 (bar fine) + Bht300 (some bar expenses eg. tips, drinks, makan) + taxi (to & fro) Bht 100 = Bht 2,900/night or $125 per outing x 3 nights x 4 weeks = $1,500 for a whole month of chionging. Oops there goes your budget... :D

aiyo, I kee ngeow Number 1:p...... and also low on sperm count, due to age and malnutrition, so Mrs Palmer and the 5 daughters have to stay in with me.... occasionally give me self a treat...... sometime/most of the time, find my golf shots better than sex...:o

yup, apartment would end up around 4.5 k per month. if you need to know the location, they are just behind Poseidon, very near to Watana Mansion. Have one GF still staying there........:p

btw, I never bar fine before..... and bar hopping not my cup of teh.....

That's why my face is humsup loh.... now you know why... hee hee

norice
26-03-2010, 10:25 PM
Hello,

Finally, I got trueonline internet installed, I'm paying 1,699B per month for download speed up to 12Mbps. I also selected True cablevision, but so far not satisfied due to junk programs!

Several of my friends from Hawaii left today and they took lots of girls from Nana Hotel's parking lot for 1,000B short time! Some of the girls are attractive but in my opinion, they could be dangerous due to their health status! My friends like them because they were cheap compared to go gos, soapys and Thermae Coffee Shop.

I've gained few pounds due to eating all those delicious Thai desserts and ice cream! California WOW located at Siam Paragon has the best looking girls! Few girls smiled at me but Thai girls always smile at old farts!

M.L.S.
27-03-2010, 12:52 AM
Why not try New York Steak House @ JW Marriot. Best steak in BKK and very classy setting. Do book in advance! Of course, bring plenty of $$ too! : )
Then, bring her to Summer n Spring at Suk. 39 for some light drinks/pre-party cocktails while lying on the bed cushions spreading all over the lawn under the moonlight(if there is any under usual BKK's skies!)...

toilet$50
27-03-2010, 06:04 AM
Why not try New York Steak House @ JW Marriot. Best steak in BKK and very classy setting. Do book in advance! Of course, bring plenty of $$ too! : )
Then, bring her to Summer n Spring at Suk. 39 for some light drinks/pre-party cocktails while lying on the bed cushions spreading all over the lawn under the moonlight(if there is any under usual BKK's skies!)...

bro,no$ how to JW/SnS:)

Toilet$50:)

indianmagicoil
27-03-2010, 02:39 PM
bro,no$ how to JW/SnS
For bros on a budget... try Nippon Kai japanese restaurant on the 5th floor of Emporium. Window seats all overlook the park, very romantic at night. If u come in the afternoons u almost have the whole place to yrself. Easy access via Phrom Phong BTS too :D

norice
27-03-2010, 05:36 PM
Indianmagicoil,

How's the place compare to Fuji Restaurant? Thais love Fuji Restaurant! You can't beat steak set for 160B during lunch hour!

toilet$50
28-03-2010, 05:05 AM
For bros on a budget... try Nippon Kai japanese restaurant on the 5th floor of Emporium. Window seats all overlook the park, very romantic at night. If u come in the afternoons u almost have the whole place to yrself. Easy access via Phrom Phong BTS too :D
Thank you bro,but i dont hve galfriend :(
Indianmagicoil,

How's the place compare to Fuji Restaurant? Thais love Fuji Restaurant! Yo
u can't beat steak set for 160B during lunch hour!

bro,he's half thais:D

etct88
28-03-2010, 11:08 AM
Thank you bro,but i dont hve galfriend :(

So you have boyfriends:eek:.... also can bring them there...:D

bro,he's half thai

He is not half Thai, he is rich thai thai......:p

M.L.S.
31-03-2010, 10:22 PM
bro,no$ how to JW/SnS:)

Toilet$50:)

Well, how much do u have? :p Well, how about this..1st, go to Suk. Soi 33 junction, there is a roadside stall outside Family Mart(or 7-eleven) selling a packs of "Kao Gai Jiow Moo Sak"(Pok Omellete with White Rice) for 15baht and go to Family Mart (or 7-eleven) n get a 20 baht Coke and a few small candles; walk across the streets to the Park (next to Emporium), sit down on the lawn next to the pond, under the same BKK skies, and starts enjoy a economical yet romantic meal? BTW, maybe Bro Indianmagicaloil will peek at u while he is enjoying his fabulous meal @Nippon Rst. @5th flr of Emporium!:)

Indeed, dining @ Nippon Rst.@Emporium allow u to enjoy a bit of BKK landscape at a minimal spending(compared to Vertigo or Dorm)...maybe the Jap menu is not as good as Fuji!

toilet$50
01-04-2010, 02:35 PM
Well, how much do u have? :p Well, how about this..1st, go to Suk. Soi 33 junction, there is a roadside stall outside Family Mart(or 7-eleven) selling a packs of "Kao Gai Jiow Moo Sak"(Pok Omellete with White Rice) for 15baht and go to Family Mart (or 7-eleven) n get a 20 baht Coke and a few small candles; walk across the streets to the Park (next to Emporium), sit down on the lawn next to the pond, under the same BKK skies, and starts enjoy a economical yet romantic meal? BTW, maybe Bro Indianmagicaloil will peek at u while he is enjoying his fabulous meal @Nippon Rst. @5th flr of Emporium!:)

Indeed, dining @ Nippon Rst.@Emporium allow u to enjoy a bit of BKK landscape at a minimal spending(compared to Vertigo or Dorm)...maybe the Jap menu is not as good as Fuji!

Bro M.L.S,how about kapao Moo Sub Radkaw + Kaidaw:):p

indianmagicoil
01-04-2010, 09:17 PM
How's the place compare to Fuji Restaurant? Thais love Fuji Restaurant! You can't beat steak set for 160B during lunch hour!
Dunno about their steak (dun really like Jap teppan style anyway) but the tempura is definitely better than Fuji's. At Fuji's I prefer the tonkatsu set at BHT120. Where to find a proper sit down meal in air conditioned comfort thats cheaper (or comparable in price) than a Happy Meal?

Thank you bro,but i dont hve galfriend
Can find PT one what...
he's half thais
more like "HALF" past six Thai :D

He is not half Thai, he is rich thai thai
Hello Ah Hia, have rick Thai tai-tai's daughter to recommend or not?

maybe Bro Indianmagicaloil will peek at u while he is enjoying his fabulous meal @Nippon Rst. @5th flr of Emporium
No need until so jialat and feed mosquitoes in the park. A meal at Nippon Kai costs about the same as MacDonalds in Singapore!

toilet$50
02-04-2010, 03:39 AM
He is not half Thai, he is rich thai thai......:p

Bro etct88,hehimself yom rub pen kon thai jing na:D

etct88
02-04-2010, 07:21 AM
Bro etct88,hehimself yom rub pen kon thai jing na:D

kong simee ah????:confused:

spike11
02-04-2010, 06:20 PM
Means he accepts that he is really a thai......shout out to the bros here. Just moved to bkk. If bros wanna hang out or go for a drink, drop me a PM. I usually go muse, funky and demo for normal clubs and bubble, krachood and sherbet for coyoty joints.

Cheers!

norice
02-04-2010, 08:38 PM
Spike,

What is your plan during Songkran Festival in Bangkok? I don't want to be drenched with dirty cold water and powder! I was thinking of going to Angeles City but can't get a flight with China Airlines so plan is cancelled for now!

Any suggestions?

spike11
02-04-2010, 08:44 PM
Spike,

What is your plan during Songkran Festival in Bangkok? I don't want to be drenched with dirty cold water and powder! I was thinking of going to Angeles City but can't get a flight with China Airlines so plan is cancelled for now!

Any suggestions?

I actually plan to be here for songkran.....nothing like young thai chicks trenched! U wanna head to LA? There should be plenty of flight options. Search thai airways. If not singapore or cathay pacific has flights but would require a stop over.

toilet$50
03-04-2010, 03:13 AM
kong simee ah????:confused:

Sorry bro etct88,my ang mo no good...
i means he admit that he is thais:)

werdnac
03-04-2010, 09:21 AM
Hi Bros,

Basically from what i have read on the expenses to retire in BKK will be about as follows.
All in SGD
Monthly expenses - $2k
Yearly - 12 X $2 = $24k
Stay for 20 years = 20 x $24 = $480K

So basically about $500K to sort of retire in BKK.

Any bros can add more.

Thanks.

Me thinking of moving there to retire and have bkk girl friend (change every 3 months).

etct88
03-04-2010, 01:09 PM
Hi Bros,

Basically from what i have read on the expenses to retire in BKK will be about as follows.
All in SGD
Monthly expenses - $2k
Yearly - 12 X $2 = $24k

Any bros can add more.

Thanks.

Me thinking of moving there to retire and have bkk girl friend (change every 3 months).

wow, you want to change bkk gal friend every 3 months..... then choke dee to your calculation.........:D:D

indianmagicoil
03-04-2010, 02:55 PM
Road closure and major jams across the city center now. Reds having their rally at the Erawan Shrine intersection so basically the shopping & tourist district is best to avoid. Siam Discovery & Paragon closed until tomorrow. Small bombs hurled at Red Shirts but no injuries reported. Most bus services from north/north east of the capital stopping service at Ladphrao & Jatujak Park.

Roads/area to avoid now: Vibhavadi-Rangsit, Din Daeng, Sri Ayuttaya, Phyathai, Rachada, Phayothin, Sukhumvit... which means stay at home today and avoid unnecessary travel. But if die, die muz go out then the BTS & MRT are still operating normally but guess will be packed like hell!

BTW me thinks SGD2,000 a month is not enough. You still need to buy clothes, accessories, hair stylist, manicures, cosmetics etc... for her on top of the monthly "salary" u pay her. Now add in your rent, food, utilities, handphone, restaurants, clubbing and I won't even start on owning a car + its upkeep. $2K? Can survive but good luck :D

indianmagicoil
04-04-2010, 05:37 AM
Reds staying put for Sunday too. Looks like Central World & Siam Paragon will be closed today & the traffic jams continue. Me thinks the Reds now going for broke before Songkran when most of them will start kit tueng baan and loose the will to fight. Now that the Red Shirts have up the ante by disrupting businesses in a major way Abisit will either re-negotiate with them or worst case police try chase them away and all hell breaks loose. Stay tuned to find out...

norice
04-04-2010, 08:30 AM
Indianmagicoil,

Thanks for sharing your insightful information regarding the redshirts! The action around town is slowing down too!

indianmagicoil
04-04-2010, 10:53 PM
Thanks for sharing your insightful information regarding the redshirts! The action around town is slowing down too!
I juz take an interest in current affairs tatz all. Abisit today is asking the Reds nicely to vacate the Rachaprasong intersection but at the same time seeking a court order to force them out. Potential for violence if Reds remain defiant. Abisit being pressured by Old Money coz now their businesses are being affected directly. Passed by Paragon & Siam Discovery this evening. Closed & eerily quite. Calm b4 the storm?

Tookie
07-04-2010, 03:36 PM
Yoz Bros here, sorry to disturb you guys again, can anyone translate that the meaning below, Many many thanks

แวะเข้ามาทักทายแล้วนะ ทำไมไม่ลงรูปด้วยล่ะ

motoji
07-04-2010, 04:39 PM
Yoz Bros here, sorry to disturb you guys again, can anyone translate that the meaning below, Many many thanks

แวะเข้ามาทักทายแล้วนะ ทำไมไม่ลงรูปด้วยล่ะ

She ask you to send her your photo

Tookie
07-04-2010, 04:47 PM
She ask you to send her your photo

Thanks Bro for the help, appreciated

ali8888
07-04-2010, 06:23 PM
Hi Bros,

All in SGD
Monthly expenses - $2k
Yearly - 12 X $2 = $24k

Any bros can add more.

Thanks.

i find that hcmc is much way cheaper than BKK.
with 500usd 1 mth is enough

indianmagicoil
07-04-2010, 11:33 PM
555+ Bro Tookie, Why your girl keep sending SMSes in Thai?

Tookie
08-04-2010, 12:22 AM
555+ Bro Tookie, Why your girl keep sending SMSes in Thai?

Bro cuz she says i will learn Thai faster if she does that anyway i don't buy what she said, makes me having to do double work just to get the answers right.

Bro which part of BKK you stay? What do you think of the apartments in Tonglor? Any good for investment?

motoji
08-04-2010, 11:09 AM
Bro cuz she says i will learn Thai faster if she does that anyway i don't buy what she said, makes me having to do double work just to get the answers right.

Bro which part of BKK you stay? What do you think of the apartments in Tonglor? Any good for investment?

I think your girl make me practice my Thai instead of you learning. :D

indianmagicoil
08-04-2010, 04:31 PM

I'm not sure what your level of competency in Thai is but to read sentences like what your tilak sends u must master Basic level already. Dun mind me saying but I think she is just lazy to send in English.

I think property investment in Thonglor is good if u can afford it. That area has many expats, Japs and middle class/hi-so Thais. Well connected by transport and easy access to business, commercial & entertainment centers in Bangkok. Even Abisit has a house there! But search carefully. Don't want buy a condo built on the former Santika site! :eek:

indianmagicoil
08-04-2010, 04:36 PM
i find that hcmc is much way cheaper than BKK.
with 500usd 1 mth is enough
Bap nee pak yoo HCMC dee gwar loie... Not sure what u can get for USD500 in HCMC so can't comment. Dun say Thailand, Singapore also can stay with USD500/mth but if you want eat & stay good then :rolleyes: BTW u advertising your Vietnam Sex Tours? Suggest you pay for a sticky instead.

Tookie
08-04-2010, 05:48 PM
I think your girl make me practice my Thai instead of you learning. :D

Really Bro, maybe i can learn from you than. Are you staying in BKK? If so i would love to buy you a drink for helping out.

Tookie
08-04-2010, 06:15 PM
I'm not sure what your level of competency in Thai is but to read sentences like what your tilak sends u must master Basic level already. Dun mind me saying but I think she is just lazy to send in English.

I think property investment in Thonglor is good if u can afford it. That area has many expats, Japs and middle class/hi-so Thais. Well connected by transport and easy access to business, commercial & entertainment centers in Bangkok. Even Abisit has a house there! But search carefully. Don't want buy a condo built on the former Santika site! :eek:

Yup Bro, she is plain lazy to send in english, always giving me the excuse that i will misunderstood her english.

I like the area very much, any new developments there Bro?

Garage1
08-04-2010, 08:24 PM
hello everybahdee!!!!!!! longtime no log in and chat!!!!!!!!!!

ChaYen
08-04-2010, 08:47 PM
Investing in Thonglo... viability can't really say, but living there is not recommended. Traffic jam like mad. Also, if you live deep in a soi, it will be hard to get to the main road if you do not drive, although I hear you can probably get a motocy.

indianmagicoil
08-04-2010, 08:56 PM
Well it depends on a lot of factors like your lifestyle. If u say work a 9 to 5 job then yes you will get caught in the rush hour jams. Afternoons and weekends are relatively jam free at Thonglor. Heck even if you stay on the outskirts you also get caught in a jam going to and coming back from work. I see it everyday - On Nut, Srinakarin, Vibavadi-Rangsit, Ladphrao, Ramintra, Rachada, Silom, Lumpini, Sukhumvit... So I think considering everything I think Thonglor still a good investment if not property there won't cost so much right?

cc66
08-04-2010, 09:30 PM
I like the area very much, any new developments there Bro?

Do some research on Thailand Real Estate & Property Forum (คอนโด,บ้าน) (http://www.prakard.com) or Phuket Villa, Bangkok Condo. Thailand property sales, office / factory leasing (http://www.cbre.co.th/en/)
There are so many new condos along the BTS & MRT lines, choose carefully.

khunsanook
08-04-2010, 10:49 PM
Here are some of the properties I went to view in/near Thonglor area:

THRU Thonglor (http://www.thruthonglorcondo.com/)
Splash_page (http://www.villasikhara.com/)
EIGHT Thonglor :: The Centre of Life (http://www.8thonglor.com/)
http://www.sansiri.com/en/project/quattro/
The Alcove by Samirano: The Alcove Thonglor 10, The Alcove Sukhumvit 49, The Alcove Residence Thonglor 23, The Alcove Thonglor 5, The Alcove Hiptique (http://www.alcovebangkok.com/home.html)

And lots more which I did not save the weblink.

still researching but meanwhile prices are going up fast recently.

Now considering: PYNE by Sansiri (http://www.sansiri.com/en/project/pyne/index.htm)
right next to BTS.

In my opinion, pls consider carefully:

1. Location (near to BTS or ammenties)
2. Developer
3. Grade A or grade B condo
4. Returns (if you are investor)

Tookie
08-04-2010, 10:51 PM
Do some research on Thailand Real Estate & Property Forum (คอนโด,บ้าน) (http://www.prakard.com) or Phuket Villa, Bangkok Condo. Thailand property sales, office / factory leasing (http://www.cbre.co.th/en/)
There are so many new condos along the BTS & MRT lines, choose carefully.

Thanks Bro

khunsanook
08-04-2010, 11:32 PM
I stay in Bangkok and this is how much baht per month, I think is necessary for survival in BKK:

Basic
Accomodation: 10,000 baht for an avg condo
Eating : 5000 baht for mainly street hawker food with occasional Fuji, MacDonalds, MKs
Transportation: 2,500 baht for public transportation, mainly BTS, incl., once in a long long while, taxis
Electricity fees: 1,200 baht includes water, which I pay seperately
Mobile phone: 500 baht
Others: 3,500 baht for clothing, beer Laos etc.
Laundry: 300-400 baht

This works out to be SGD1000 per month roughly. Well, you can stay in an apartment, which might save you another SGD200/month

To live more comfortably and take care of a girlfriend or reasonable chionging life, the follow additions or changes makes more sense:

Accomodation: 20,000 baht. Decent place in a decent neighbourhood
Cable TV: 1,500 baht
Internet: 600 baht
Electricity: 1500 baht
Car: 11,000 baht per month (5 year lease) with downpayment of 120K for a relatively new 1.5 to 1.8 litre car, value around 650K
Fuel & maintainance: est. 7,500 baht, assuming 1,300 baht full tank per week with the rest going towards maintainance and insurance premiums.
Mobile phone: 800 baht maintainance of girlfriends comes at a higher price
Reasonable frequency of massage + pubbing: 20,000 baht/month
Girlfriend licensing fee: roughly 20,000 baht/month
Food : 10,000 baht need to eat at restuarants more often
Lotus/Big C/Carrefour trips: 4000 baht per month

That is close to 100,000 baht per month or SGD4350

In reality my monthly expenditure us about 60,000 baht per month and I spend nothing for my home as it is already fully paid. So just imagine....:rolleyes:

khunsanook
08-04-2010, 11:33 PM
Sorry I double-clicked on this message so I revised it to this message. Pai seh...

Bushnell 1918cb
09-04-2010, 12:22 AM
[QUOTE=khunsanook;4754154]I stay in Bangkok and this is how much baht per month, I think is necessary for survival in BKK:

This works out to be SGD1000 per month roughly. Well, you can stay in an apartment, which might save you another SGD200/month

Hi bro,

Thank you for your insight of the monthly expenses in Bkk. Let say a budget of US $1500, without owing a car. aims to purchase a 2rooms apartment just out skirt of Bkk like Doung Muang area with a normal middle working class OL girl friend. Of course, with a normal life style like having meal @ food court & road side hawker, & travelling to other provinces for a short holiday quarterly. What's your take on this budget? Cheers.

naemlo
09-04-2010, 02:19 AM
aims to purchase a 2rooms apartment just out skirt of Bkk like Doung Muang area with a normal middle working class OL girl friend.

Hmmm who is this OL?? No intro to me...

Don Muang, not much decent apartment. U might want to look at houses.

indianmagicoil
09-04-2010, 03:17 AM
Khun Sanook's breakdown is the reality of living in Bangkok at a certain lifestyle level. You must stay in Bangkok long term to realize that it is not as "cheap" as many people on a short holiday think. Sure that bowl of noodles cost BHT30 compared to Singapore but add in a "middle class" lifestyle that many of us wish to live here and it all adds up. You can live as you do in Singapore i.e. keep the restaurants, clubbing & chionging to a minimum but then why would I want to leave Singapore right?

Many of my newly wed Thai friends all choose to live in the suburbs because owning a house in central Bangkok is expensive. BHT 1 million+ gets you a small studio in Rachada but a house in Don Muang. Property values in Thailand will continue to rise so long as the fundamentals of the Thai economy is sound. Even with the Asian Financial Crisis in 1997 property prices just moves up. I looked at a few small condos in On Nut & Ari. Then was averaging BHT300,000 (if my memory serves me right) but now its at least a million plus up.

Buying a house might be out of the question if you are not a Thai national. Even if you married a Thai the house will still be registered under her name. So that leaves condos or strata titled property for us.

Tookie
09-04-2010, 11:35 AM
Here are some of the properties I went to view in/near Thonglor area:

THRU Thonglor (http://www.thruthonglorcondo.com/)
Splash_page (http://www.villasikhara.com/)
EIGHT Thonglor :: The Centre of Life (http://www.8thonglor.com/)
http://www.sansiri.com/en/project/quattro/
The Alcove by Samirano: The Alcove Thonglor 10, The Alcove Sukhumvit 49, The Alcove Residence Thonglor 23, The Alcove Thonglor 5, The Alcove Hiptique (http://www.alcovebangkok.com/home.html)

And lots more which I did not save the weblink.

still researching but meanwhile prices are going up fast recently.

Now considering: PYNE by Sansiri (http://www.sansiri.com/en/project/pyne/index.htm)
right next to BTS.

In my opinion, pls consider carefully:

1. Location (near to BTS or ammenties)
2. Developer
3. Grade A or grade B condo
4. Returns (if you are investor)

Bro, thanks for the information, will take a look at it next week, btw how do you define a grade A or B condo?

khunsanook
09-04-2010, 12:52 PM
[QUOTE=khunsanook;4754154]I stay in Bangkok and this is how much baht per month, I think is necessary for survival in BKK:

Hi bro,

Thank you for your insight of the monthly expenses in Bkk. Let say a budget of US $1500, without owing a car. aims to purchase a 2rooms apartment just out skirt of Bkk like Doung Muang area with a normal middle working class OL girl friend. Of course, with a normal life style like having meal @ food court & road side hawker, & travelling to other provinces for a short holiday quarterly. What's your take on this budget? Cheers.

Bro Bushnel,

USD1500 is about 50,000 baht. This is pretty decent amount if you can purchase an apartment (no rental), not driving and above all a normal middle class working lady, assuming she earns more than 15-20,000 baht/month. You should be able to lead the lifestyle you want with no problems at all. I even think you can afford an occasional upnarn or coyote clubbing:D Don Muang area not expensive area. Try to buy an apartment near to near planned MRT line (Can't remember the color), and you property will rise quickly once the plan is realized.

khunsanook
09-04-2010, 12:55 PM
Bro Tookie,

The difference is in materials used and luxury.
Things like high ceiling, better sound-proofing, nicer lobbies, better quality etc.

Developers have different grade, ask them directly for the answer.

khunsanook
09-04-2010, 01:11 PM
Again with Bro Indianmagicoil, it is not really that cheap as we all expect.
But then again, some are surviving on 5000-6000 baht salaries but you eat less, play less and share bed with someone and basically stay at home most of the time.

Best is to go after those normal working class Bangkokian girls. Nowadays, a graduate can get up to 20,000 baht in starting pay. Besides, Bangkokian girls are mostly from more stable and comfortable background/lifestyle. No need for heavy family maintainance burden for example. Like my friend stated before, marry a village girl is like marrying her whole village!

But there are some exceptions. I was steady with such a girl for a couple of months. She was earning more than 40,000 baht per month, using my car (I gotta take motocyc) and still asking me for more $$$ for hi-so lifestyle, for example, 20,000 baht for yoga classes etc. Her ex was a filthy rich bugger and kind of spoiled her. Guess what, I dumped her. But she is the rare exception. Others I met, keep to their financial limits.

indianmagicoil
09-04-2010, 03:26 PM
Don Muang area not expensive area. Try to buy an apartment near to near planned MRT line and you property will rise quickly once the plan is realized.555+ that MRT line is still in the planning stage for donkey years. Dunno when they are actually going to start digging. Property prices in Bangkok so far are rising along any BTS/MRT line. Look at On Nut and Wongwian Yai. 10 years ago nobody gave them a 2nd look. I'm considering somewhere at Samut Prakan along the On Nut Line before the BTS extension opens. Driving in Bangkok is a real test of patience. Though outskirts like Don Muang r cheap but considering the traffic jams & distance, I'll still prefer to live in the city (if u work there) or else near a MRT/BTS station.

Best is to go after those normal working class Bangkokian girls. Nowadays, a graduate can get up to 20,000 baht in starting pay. Besides, Bangkokian girls are mostly from more stable and comfortable background/lifestyle. No need for heavy family maintainance burden for example.

But there are some exceptions. I was steady with such a girl for a couple of months. She was earning more than 40,000 baht per month, using my car (I gotta take motocyc) and still asking me for more $$$ for hi-so lifestyle, for example, 20,000 baht for yoga classes etc. Her ex was a filthy rich bugger and kind of spoiled her. Guess what, I dumped her. But she is the rare exception. Others I met, keep to their financial limits.
So true... a Bangkok girl usually means you don't have to support them & their families financially though when you go out you have to pay for everything. If she is staying with you then you add in the extras as mentioned. Costs adds up real quick if you are not careful.

norice
09-04-2010, 07:38 PM
Indianmagicoil and Khunsanook,

Thanks for your insightful information regarding relationship with Thai girls! In my opinion, it doen't matter where your girlfriend or wife is from, you gonna spend lots of money, that's the bottom line. I've dated fat, skinny, small tits, big tits, ugly and attractive girls in the past and from several countries. If you want them to stop nagging and argumentative, give them MONEY! Money talks and shit stinks!

I gave myself 8 months to develop a relationship with an educated, attractive Thai girl and I have several girls in mind from the gym, bank and my condo. But I don't know if they are single, has a boyfriend or married! Brothers, how can you tell if the girls are available? I'm hoping to meet 29 - 35 age group.

etct88
09-04-2010, 09:18 PM
Indianmagicoil and Khunsanook,

Thanks for your insightful information regarding relationship with Thai girls! In my opinion, it doen't matter where your girlfriend or wife is from, you gonna spend lots of money, that's the bottom line. I've dated fat, skinny, small tits, big tits, ugly and attractive girls in the past and from several countries. If you want them to stop nagging and argumentative, give them MONEY! Money talks and shit stinks!

I gave myself 8 months to develop a relationship with an educated, attractive Thai girl and I have several girls in mind from the gym, bank and my condo. But I don't know if they are single, has a boyfriend or married! Brothers, how can you tell if the girls are available? I'm hoping to meet 29 - 35 age group.

Khun Norice, choke dee mak mak in your search for love.....:)

norice
09-04-2010, 10:59 PM
Etct88,

It's cheaper to have permanent girlfriend than going out frequently to get your rocks off! Also Thai phuyings take very good care of you once they become your mate! My advice to everyone, when you're searching for love take your time and don't make hasty decision, one of my falang friend in Chiang Mai finally got married after searching for love approximately 4 years!

I'm getting old, I need someone to take good care of me, last night I went to a nice coyote bar in Latphrao with a friend and I drank so much that I puked and puked like there is no tomorrow! I was so drunk that I slept in the tub! Spike 11, you sure know lots of drinking games, your da man! Mamasans are smart, they give you plastic bags when you drink too much, when I was sick, I saw lots of rice and brown water exploding from my mouth!

Bushnell 1918cb
10-04-2010, 01:01 AM
Etct88,

I'm getting old, I need someone to take good care of me, last night I went to a nice coyote bar in Latphrao with a friend and I drank so much that I puked and puked like there is no tomorrow! I was so drunk that I slept in the tub! Spike 11, you sure know lots of drinking games, your da man! Mamasans are smart, they give you plastic bags when you drink too much, when I was sick, I saw lots of rice and brown water exploding from my mouth!

Hi Norice,

You are behaving like a early 30's guy. Nothing is wrong about it, this is part of the life being a metropolitan citizen. @ least you have fun in the coyote bar, that's a right thing to do, puked & puked, back home to sleep, the next day you are a man again, very normal. I used to sleep @ the bus stop & children play ground when I was so drunk & dare not go home. Well, man like us over 35 or late 40's tend to face much pressure being single. No problem, I am sure you will able to find your ideal "PuiYing' to accompany you during your stay in Bkk. Cheers & see u soon.

norice
10-04-2010, 09:03 AM
Bushnell 1918,

I know, I'm too old to drink that many shots of whiskey! I tried to keep up with the youngsters but my stomach and the brain couldn't take it, even though I took 2 tablets of Vitamin B-Complex to strengthen my liver for possible alcohol intoxication but it didn't work!

It's fun to be single in Thailand but I need to think about the future, I have to find an attractive and educated Thai Phuying to take care of me when I get too old to take care of myself! See you folks soon!

ChaYen
10-04-2010, 10:25 AM
So true... a Bangkok girl usually means you don't have to support them & their families financially though when you go out you have to pay for everything. If she is staying with you then you add in the extras as mentioned. Costs adds up real quick if you are not careful.

555+

Bro, either I'm getting a bad deal, or no matter what woman from which country/background, they still cost a lot, especially if you live together. :o

I think what I'm wondering most about is the trade-offs between renting and buying. :p

Bro norice, don't worry too much regarding their relationship status. If they want you enough, they will always be available for you. As it was explained to me, (not sure if this is a cultural thing) unless they are already engaged/married, and sometimes even so, people here are constantly on the look out for better prospects. If you meet a girl you really like, and she reciprocates the feelings, I'm sure she'll be more than happy to be with you. :)

khunsanook
10-04-2010, 03:58 PM
Bro Norice,

Songkhan is great time to get to know girls. Go out get wet n have fun. Best you try your luck, target a girl, splash water on her n start a water "war" with her. Who knows...perfect icebreaker. Maybe u will get to know all the girl living in your condo, which now see everyday but be able to "touch" in the future:D

norice
10-04-2010, 03:59 PM
ChaYen,

Yes, I agree with you, on a daily basis I've been receiving jordache looks from aunties to college girls in the gym but I'm just taking my time and determine which one is the best mate for me! I'm not desperate and don't want to make a haste decision so bottom line is to take my time! I have 8 months to go! Hardest part is which girls are available since girls who are taken doesn't wear rings like back in the States.

easycum
10-04-2010, 04:46 PM
Bro Norice,

Maybe you can start up some educational centre eg teaching english...

Not only can you supplement your income, I'm sure you can meet many attractive students in the stipulated age range...

Please refrain from drinking too much...stay healthy...

indianmagicoil
10-04-2010, 04:59 PM
Shit! the BTS was closed an hour ago. Was planning to go out but now have to stay home! :mad: Dun really want to take a cab coz major roads jammed pretty bad now.Just an update on whats happening so far...

Clashes around Rachadamoen Ave as army try to move into Red's position. See-saw battle with army first baton charging the Red lines. Reds re-grouped and fought back. Tear gas fired. Pick ups used as barricades. I think the Army is trying to take back Saphan Pan Faa first where the Reds are weakest.

Major roads leading to Rachaprasong intersection either closed by Army or blockaded by Reds. Saw lines of black shirted (another colour not to wear!) Reds security men marching to take up positions at Rachaprasong. Reds have covered all government CCTVS at Rachaprasong. Red Shirt blockades at Chidlom and Sala Daeng.

Stay tuned for any updates...

indianmagicoil
10-04-2010, 05:14 PM
I took 2 tablets of Vitamin B-Complex
Try shark liver oil. Seems to work for tiz old geezer I know who drinks cognac like a fish.

Bro, either I'm getting a bad deal, or no matter what woman from which country/background, they still cost a lot, especially if you live together.
No you are not. There is no bad deal only how much you are willing (and can) pay on a monthly basis. Hair, nails, clothes, cosmetics, spa, magazines, restaurant, Starbucks coffee, movies, handphone, shoes... phew! :(

Most guys will find that Thai ladies know how to treat their men right. But the trade off is that you have to provide for most (if not all their needs). On the flip side you will get an independent Western educated lady (i.e. Singapore girl). I think it doesn't really matter if she's from Bangkok or Kon Kaen. Only bright side is a Bangkok girl (esp. ethic Chinese middle class) you probably don't have to support the family back in the moo baan :D

what I'm wondering most about is the trade-offs between renting and buying.
Puying or Property? ;)

easycum
10-04-2010, 05:14 PM
bro, hope thing are well for you.

Was back in Singaproe early due to the instability political situations there...

brucelow2207
10-04-2010, 09:57 PM
Bushnell 1918,

I know, I'm too old to drink that many shots of whiskey! I tried to keep up with the youngsters but my stomach and the brain couldn't take it, even though I took 2 tablets of Vitamin B-Complex to strengthen my liver for possible alcohol intoxication but it didn't work!

It's fun to be single in Thailand but I need to think about the future, I have to find an attractive and educated Thai Phuying to take care of me when I get too old to take care of myself! See you folks soon!

Hi, you sound like 1 of my old frd? R u Bryan?

norice
11-04-2010, 10:36 AM
Brucelow 2207,

My name is Bond, James Bond! Thai girls call me, Jacki Chan, I have many names in Bangkok!

norice
11-04-2010, 10:43 AM
Indianmagicoil,

I'll try shark liver oil, everyone has their own remedy for alcohol intoxication and I'll try all, nothing to lose!

Due to current political situations, majority of the entertaintment industries are slowing down drastically, girls are suffering due to low income, we have excellent bargaining power. I do feel sorry for the girls, so I usually give them extra tips to make them happy.

Let's hope that all will end soon!!!

Jackboy
11-04-2010, 03:21 PM
Are the agogo bars and discos still opened?
How's the situation in Pattaya?

Glock
11-04-2010, 04:46 PM
But there are some exceptions. I was steady with such a girl for a couple of months. She was earning more than 40,000 baht per month, using my car (I gotta take motocyc) and still asking me for more $$$ for hi-so lifestyle, for example, 20,000 baht for yoga classes etc.

fuck

like this might as well date/marry a singapore bitch right ?

you are right to dump her

there are always other women with perkier tits and better cocksucking skill

indianmagicoil
12-04-2010, 05:38 AM
My name is Bond, James Bond! Thai girls call me, Jacki Chan, I have many names in Bangkok!
So long not ROBERT can already! :D

II'll try shark liver oil, everyone has their own remedy for alcohol intoxication and I'll try all, nothing to lose!
Forgot "milk of thistle" too! Tat old bastard really could drink!

Are the agogo bars and discos still opened?
How's the situation in Pattaya?
They were in Krungthep 2 nights ago!

fuck
like this might as well date/marry a singapore bitch right?
555+ Then aren't we all wasting time in this thread? Not all puyings are that high maintenance. 一分錢一分貨 G-Club girls to local go-go dancers. Go to Sukhumvit Psycho's blog. There is a post on how not to spoil your puying. Quite true if not a humorous post. If not dump... like u said, there's always another better cock sucker around the corner 一山比一山高!:D

norice
12-04-2010, 09:02 AM
Indianmagicoil,

You're correct, milk thistle is one of the best medicinal herb to regenerate liver cells due to alcohol intoxication!

The best method is using your brain, "just say no!"

norice
12-04-2010, 09:07 AM
Jackboy,

In Bangkok, all the gogo bars, massage places and discos are opened! Even Pattaya's sanuking places are all opened for business!

The crowds are smaller due to political uncertainty, businesses still opened except several large shopping malls.

Tookie
14-04-2010, 11:51 PM
Any kind bros here could advice of any piano lounges in BKK? I know one in the Landmark hotel but i am looking at others. Thanks

tagduty
15-04-2010, 02:40 AM
was reading through the thread and some bros mentioned that K-Bank is the hassle free bank to create an account. Is it still true?? Pls advise..

mucho gracias!
:D

norice
15-04-2010, 07:27 PM
Tagduty,

Currently, it's very difficult to open a saving accounts due to banking regulations, the banks want working permit or title to a condo but you never know, this is Thailand! Some brothers stated that if you deposit more than 1,000,000B, the banks will let you open a savings account but I don't know, why don't you find out and let us know.

Songkran is almost over, thank goodness!

glouyang
16-04-2010, 02:11 AM
was reading through the thread and some bros mentioned that K-Bank is the hassle free bank to create an account. Is it still true?? Pls advise..

mucho gracias!
:D

Yes. I opened mine with only a passport and the minimum 500baht. i paid 600 baht more to get a visa debit/atm card.

SCB2011
20-04-2010, 02:16 AM
Tagduty,

Currently, it's very difficult to open a saving accounts due to banking regulations, the banks want working permit or title to a condo but you never know, this is Thailand! Some brothers stated that if you deposit more than 1,000,000B, the banks will let you open a savings account but I don't know, why don't you find out and let us know.

Songkran is almost over, thank goodness!

It's easier at the smaller cities and towns. They dun go too deep into details. Get a puying to accompany you and pretend to be your tirak or miah and usually no questions will be asked. :D

Pattaya is another place where bank accounts can be opened hassle free for foreigners :p

norice
20-04-2010, 10:46 AM
SCB2011,

Yes, it might be easier to open an account at the small cities but you need to open near your residence. Otherwise you have to pay 39B per transaction from satellite banks.

Five Stone
20-04-2010, 04:09 PM
How about condo projects in Petchaburi area? Any comments, advice? :)

norice
20-04-2010, 10:15 PM
Five Stone,

Are you going to own a car and drive in Bangkok? Otherwise, owning a condo in phetchaburi is a no no! Buy a condo that is walking distence from MRT or BTS!

SCB2011
21-04-2010, 12:15 AM
SCB2011,

Yes, it might be easier to open an account at the small cities but you need to open near your residence. Otherwise you have to pay 39B per transaction from satellite banks.

Dun need to be so by the book.... fyi i live in sgp but i travel often to LOS :p
LOS is another "thailand boleh" country :D ....... meaning anything can be done with the right contacts or monetary rewards. :)

Five Stone
21-04-2010, 07:34 AM
Five Stone,

Are you going to own a car and drive in Bangkok? Otherwise, owning a condo in phetchaburi is a no no! Buy a condo that is walking distence from MRT or BTS!

Well, it is near Phetchaburi MRT and the new Makason Station. :)

norice
21-04-2010, 11:37 AM
Five Stone,

That's good! If you decide to purchase a unit, make sure check their construction workmanship and do a thorough post construction inspection and make a punch-list using painter's blue tape! I'm living in a brand new condo and in my opinion the workmanship is so so!

indianmagicoil
21-04-2010, 01:00 PM
For opening back a/c... 1st time I tried they say foreigners cannot. 2nd time I tried told me only can open at main branch. Next time I tried they say need work permit. Last time I tried boleh :) Like I mentioned earlier in this thread you will have to ask around. Walk in and ask. Dun be lazy. It depends on the branch manager.

Smile more & dun give the typical Singapore "I'm a Big-Fuck-Customer attitude"... it helps along way. No need to grease any palms, under table or inner contacts in the bank to open an account.

If you open an a/c in Bangkok take note their is a charge of between BHT10 to BHT20/transaction if u withdraw $$$ outside Bangkok. Almost all transactions r charged in Thailand. Interbank $$$ transfers, deposites via cash machines etc... even from the same bank.

Bro glouyang... it costs me BHT300 for the ATM/Visa Debit card. How come yours x2 mine? BTW did u get any freebies with it? Household appliances, t-shirts, calenders, beach towels etc... kinda of stuff? Apparently its SOP in Thailand to give away such stuff. So 1970s financial house style!

If you decide to purchase a unit, make sure check their construction workmanship and do a thorough post construction inspection and make a punch-list using painter's blue tape! I'm living in a brand new condo and in my opinion the workmanship is so so!
Thats the difference between the Class A and Class B condos. I believe Khun Sanook has done an in depth study on this topic.

Five Stone
21-04-2010, 01:36 PM
Five Stone,

That's good! If you decide to purchase a unit, make sure check their construction workmanship and do a thorough post construction inspection and make a punch-list using painter's blue tape! I'm living in a brand new condo and in my opinion the workmanship is so so!

Not easy to do so when one is not there to over see everything leh. Now quite a good time to purchase cos Thai Government had just extended the dateline for the transfer fees tax, can save quite a handful though. :)

OceanEleven
21-04-2010, 02:51 PM
Well, it is near Phetchaburi MRT and the new Makason Station. :)

Saw the new condo project there, look nice, opposite a new 5 Star hotel I think.:)

civicskyz
21-04-2010, 03:37 PM
had a couple of buy-sell transactions (off-plan purchase) of condos in bkk, mainly Sansiri projects.. pretty impressed with their finishes and built and of course location... stick with the well known developers...

however, the sad and funny part is...when i decided to eventually settle for 1 at sukhumvit, i was told that funds have to come from a fresh foreign source since i am a foreigner... there is no way around it even if i have a thai bank account... i will have to transfer my THB out of thailand, then remit via a bank into thailand again to show the source... this is crazy.. i lose a spread of between 3-5% doing so....

maybe some senior bros can suggest a way out... else i will be selling my last ppty soon...

AmericanExpress
21-04-2010, 03:58 PM
Saw the new condo project there, look nice, opposite a new 5 Star hotel I think.:) indeed veri nice and good location too :)

OceanEleven
21-04-2010, 04:54 PM
indeed veri nice and good location too :)

Oh you saw it as well? Nice location? Not too sure though cos I dont see anything around there except for a arp naam place also opposite. :D

norice
21-04-2010, 05:23 PM
Hello,

Before purchase, check your developer (very good remark), my condo Life @ Ratchada HuayKwang is mediocre at best. The lobby, pool and fitness center is well built and nice but the units need better workmanship! I wouldn't purchase Life condos! In my unit, the wooden tiles are sinking, bathtub is leaking and wall is cracking.

etct88
21-04-2010, 06:14 PM
Hello,

Before purchase, check your developer (very good remark), my condo Life @ Ratchada HuayKwang is mediocre at best. The lobby, pool and fitness center is well built and nice but the units need better workmanship! I wouldn't purchase Life condos! In my unit, the wooden tiles are sinking, bathtub is leaking and wall is cracking.

hhmmm... slump in the city?????. poor thing you.:D:D

norice
21-04-2010, 07:08 PM
etct88

Thankgoodness I didn't purchase the condo, I only signed an one year lease. Most likely, I will renew and extend my lease, the owner ones me to stay long as possible. I like the condo due to proximity to soapys, spas, gym and especially right next to HuayKwang MRT Station.

Will be going to night market again and ogle all the cute ones!

cc66
21-04-2010, 09:10 PM
How about condo projects in Petchaburi area? Any comments, advice? :)

I only know 2 new condos walking distance to Petchaburi MRT.
Address Asoke by AP life (Same developer as Life@)
AP :: Aspiring to City Living (http://www.ap-address.com/)
>> very near to the airport rail link

Villa Asoke by TCCCL
TCC Capital land - believe in building the best (http://www.tcccapitalland.co.th/)
>> very near to MRT, just 150m away; i walked before :)

Personally, i think this location is good + good transport -Airport rail link + MRT + BTS (1 stn away - Asoke). But motor traffic is really bad here.

Coming up is Terminal 21 shopping mall beside Asoke station.

glouyang
21-04-2010, 09:18 PM
Bro no idea maybe i kena chop??? haha, i think he wanted to give me some t shirts but i was in a hurry so i said mai benrai...

Wow so many brothers here looking at bkk condos... Anyone want to join me for cocktail/dinner at the Ritz Carlton Residences Bangkok showroom next week thurs or fri? It's just next to chong nonsi bts station. An associate invited me to their promo function.

norice
21-04-2010, 10:59 PM
Glouyang,

WOW, Ritz Carlton Residence, it sounds too high so! The condo must be 5 star plus, man you must be very rich! You're a very lucky man. Someday, spread your wealth with all the brothers visiting Bangkok!

spike11
21-04-2010, 11:23 PM
I have had many friends who have purchased houses and condos both thai and foreigners. The advice is to get from a reputable developer. And buy completed units cause i had a friend who put a deposit for a unit supposed to be completed by 2009 October and till now it is not even half way completed! Developments by Noble and Areeya are currently the best combination of price and quality.

Bro Norice, how is the leaking bath tub and tax stuff? Everything ok? That night after you left, "Angelina jolie" was so disappointed........She was high and just kept dancing at our sofa! hahaha......Too bad u had to leave early. My girl got into an awful fight with her boyfriend because of me......but that's another story. Catch up soon!

glouyang
22-04-2010, 12:12 AM
Glouyang,

WOW, Ritz Carlton Residence, it sounds too high so! The condo must be 5 star plus, man you must be very rich! You're a very lucky man. Someday, spread your wealth with all the brothers visiting Bangkok!

No bro i dont think im buying...its part of my work here in bkk. Its gonna be just a bit higher than baiyoke sky and very much lifestyle themed...will bring it overseas for investors to see.

glouyang
22-04-2010, 12:17 AM
I have had many friends who have purchased houses and condos both thai and foreigners. The advice is to get from a reputable developer. And buy completed units cause i had a friend who put a deposit for a unit supposed to be completed by 2009 October and till now it is not even half way completed! Developments by Noble and Areeya are currently the best combination of price and quality.

Bro Norice, how is the leaking bath tub and tax stuff? Everything ok? That night after you left, "Angelina jolie" was so disappointed........She was high and just kept dancing at our sofa! hahaha......Too bad u had to leave early. My girl got into an awful fight with her boyfriend because of me......but that's another story. Catch up soon!

I agree about the developer part. There are so many projects now and many choices. Choose carefully. I been looking around and i think i not even covered half. And thats just in central bkk :eek:

norice
22-04-2010, 12:39 AM
Spike11,

Cause you DA MAN! You sure can drink, I'm too old to drink whiskey on a regular basis, my stomach and brain can't take it any more. You have lots of Hi So girls chasing after you and I'm only looking for a so so girls.

Tookie
22-04-2010, 12:51 AM
Wow so many brothers here looking at bkk condos... Anyone want to join me for cocktail/dinner at the Ritz Carlton Residences Bangkok showroom next week thurs or fri? It's just next to chong nonsi bts station. An associate invited me to their promo function.

Bro, care to provide more infor as i am interested, tks

glouyang
22-04-2010, 04:26 AM
Bro, care to provide more infor as i am interested, tks

I PM u already bro

aakumu
22-04-2010, 07:27 AM
Spike11,

You have lots of Hi So girls chasing after you and I'm only looking for a so so girls.
Hi bro Norice,
You do seem to be the type of guy to be lacking of good looking girls and you are very fit, well dress and very full of life.

Glouyang,

Agreed on that count.........Hahahaha.............

My humble two cents.

norice
22-04-2010, 11:54 AM
aakumu,

Yes, I'm lacking regulare/permanent girlfriend, due to my fussiness! As brother Spike 11 knows, I'm looking for an attractive, educated and nonworking Thai phuying with short hair! When you have a girlfriend, your life will drastically change for better or worst so must take your time and find the right one! I have 8 months and 18 days to find a girlfriend! Wow, in Bangkok, theres so many girls to choose from, sometimes you go crazy just by looking and searching. I need a drink, any suggestions?

Currently, I'm chasing and looking at the places such as Esplande, California WOW and Ratchada Street. But majority of the girls are too young and they don't want to date an old fart like me! So patience patience and Patience

indianmagicoil
22-04-2010, 02:43 PM
I have 8 months and 18 days to find a girlfriend! Wow, in Bangkok, theres so many girls to choose from, sometimes you go crazy just by looking and searching. I need a drink, any suggestions?

Currently, I'm chasing and looking at the places such as Esplande, California WOW and Ratchada Street. But majority of the girls are too young and they don't want to date an old fart like me! So patience patience and Patience
8 months & 18 days will fly by very quickly especially if u r in Bangkok. The kind of girl u r looking for me thinks Rachada Street nor CCK is not the place :D U can join Bro Glouyang for his cocktail reception next week where the chances of meeting your kind of soul mate is higher? Try this dating website: http://th.match.com (though it's not free). Some pretty & nice looking girls from non-WL/FL backgrounds (I think!). BTW if I looked as good as you when I'm your age. I think most SYTs won't mind being with yah... but then again the level of emotional/mental maturity may not b there. Good for a fuck but not for conversations.

ChaYen
22-04-2010, 03:06 PM
Wah. Went back to SG for a week. Didn't know things here are so sad now; either that or been living in BKK for too long and got jaded.

Went out to look for fun with friends since I'm single while in SG. :P

Headed to Mask51 as recommended, was actually my 2nd time there. First time I went there was nothing happening because apparently there were frequent raids. This time, more people but still mainly sausage-fest. Girl quality, quantity and how the place worked made me miss home so much. Then I thought about how wierd it was to no longer think of SG as home.

Brief rundown:

Went in, got a table, got a jug of beer for I think it was $28.50... ~700thb? Sat unaccompanied with friends for maybe 40 mins. Listened to music and watched the crowd of mostly guys around us. Finally, was approached by 2 girls that I (and apparently others around me) could tell was CMI even with the very dim lighting. Felt homesick a lot. Maybe 25 mins later another 2 girls came by. Chose 1 at random since quite sian liao. Couldn't communicate as I don't speak Vietnam, and she couldn't do english or mandarin either. I've chionged in places where I couldn't speak the language and still managed fine , but the girl was quite bad at guessing body language.

Cut the long story short, got chased out of the pub by a bouncer because I didn't want to get another jug of beer. (Was driving and figured couldn't buy out with 200thb. ) so brought girl to hotel. Was very SOP an mechanical. Paid 30sgd for room and 100sgd for girl. Was taught a long time ago that shouldn't regret when chionging, but still Left with very bad taste in the mouth after the entire night. (Maybe was just the beer, haha)

Sorry for the ramble. :P Just couldn't help but realize that 1) I can't wait to go home, 2) I'm never chionging while in SG again, 3) I totally understand why the bros here all so addicted to chionging outside SG. :)

Cheers!

Ps paiseh if any typos, wrote this out using phone.

drongo
22-04-2010, 03:08 PM
What are the recommended developments to buy now? Thanks.

OceanEleven
22-04-2010, 04:08 PM
I only know 2 new condos walking distance to Petchaburi MRT.
Address Asoke by AP life (Same developer as Life@)
AP :: Aspiring to City Living (http://www.ap-address.com/)
>> very near to the airport rail link

Villa Asoke by TCCCL
TCC Capital land - believe in building the best (http://www.tcccapitalland.co.th/)
>> very near to MRT, just 150m away; i walked before :)

Personally, i think this location is good + good transport -Airport rail link + MRT + BTS (1 stn away - Asoke). But motor traffic is really bad here.

I believe I have seen both projects before, price wise quite OK but nothing to compare till you see the finish product. There is another project known as My Resort which seems to be quite OK as well. :)

OceanEleven
22-04-2010, 04:33 PM
Sorry for the ramble. :P Just couldn't help but realize that 1) I can't wait to go home, 2) I'm never chionging while in SG again, 3) I totally understand why the bros here all so addicted to chionging outside SG. :)

Cheers!

Ps paiseh if any typos, wrote this out using phone.

Bro, I can empathize with you. Afterall I had also spent a couple of years outside the island. No doubt there are many No.1 in this island but then and again when it comes to other matters, this island can be compare to next to none.

glouyang
22-04-2010, 06:00 PM
What are the recommended developments to buy now? Thanks.

It depends on whether you are buying as an investment or a holiday home? Price varies according to factors like location, proximity to BTS/MRT, developer etc. Give me a buzz or PM so we can exchange notes.

indianmagicoil
22-04-2010, 08:59 PM
1) I can't wait to go home, 2) I'm never chionging while in SG again, 3) I totally understand why the bros here all so addicted to chionging outside SG.
When a fren brought me to a TD here for the first time I was told even buying like 10,20 LDs for a girl she still can't go back with u later for action. WTF? Then go TDs and spend all tat $$$ for wat? 10 LDs about $120. Call the cyber OKTs to get a sure thing + phone number of the girl for follow up in Bangkok better.

Then with so many raids last year (news today revealed more than 7,000 women were caught in 2009) and this. The quality & quantity for ladies of any nationality dried up. WTF? PAP now also want to open their own chix house izzit?

Large Heineken at AGG only cost SGD6 still can see SYT dancing naked on stage. Same bottle, same price in SG only can see kopi-soh mopping kopitiam floor. WTF man can't wait to get back!

Bro I know how "homesick" you feel. :D

glouyang
22-04-2010, 09:41 PM
When a fren brought me to a TD here for the first time I was told even buying like 10,20 LDs for a girl she still can't go back with u later for action. WTF? Then go TDs and spend all tat $$$ for wat? 10 LDs about $120. Call the cyber OKTs to get a sure thing + phone number of the girl for follow up in Bangkok better.

Then with so many raids last year (news today revealed more than 7,000 women were caught in 2009) and this. The quality & quantity for ladies of any nationality dried up. WTF? PAP now also want to open their own chix house izzit?

Large Heineken at AGG only cost SGD6 still can see SYT dancing naked on stage. Same bottle, same price in SG only can see kopi-soh mopping kopitiam floor. WTF man can't wait to get back!

Bro I know how "homesick" you feel. :D

555+ i guess we are part of the growing numbers who feel more at home in LOS than in Singapore

glouyang
22-04-2010, 11:54 PM
To all brothers in bkk be careful, now BTS also kena grenade attacks. Take care and stay out of the Red shirts area

etct88
23-04-2010, 12:39 AM
555+ i guess we are part of the growing numbers who feel more at home in LOS than in Singapore

....knn.:( I also homesick.... thinking of going back to dark side next week....:o

ChaYen
23-04-2010, 02:05 AM
I dunno if I am playing the SG scene wrong and kenna chop, but yeah the lady drinks and wreaths dunno buy for what. Last time I came back went to this place called Lookers. No lookers there so buy wreath for (in very dim lighting) sao suai on stage. Long story short, also cannot ta bao. Was later told all these LDs and wreaths buy liao are just for the girl to come briefly chat with you after they finish their song. And then still must use your on skill to bring them back. I was thinking wah, have to pay money and put in effort to get them to take more money from me.

If I was going to burn money and put in effort, then go kio kway for what ar... Might as well go sian 'normal' char bor? Maybe I'm missing something here that some more lao jiao bros can explain to me?

Then also buy shots from the girls for...? I can't remember the prices, but I'm pretty sure it costs more than even the most ex barfine wor... Can't imagine barfine liao and then still have to chat the girl up and make her feel song enough to go back together so I cangive her more money. :o

glouyang
23-04-2010, 02:10 AM
....knn.:( I also homesick.... thinking of going back to dark side next week....:o

You always welcome but please be careful...today 3 dead from the M 79 grenade attacks in sala deang/silom. When will it ever end...

Yokosi
23-04-2010, 08:20 AM
I dunno if I am playing the SG scene wrong and kenna chop, but yeah the lady drinks and wreaths dunno buy for what...
Then also buy shots from the girls for...?

Male co worker went to chinese KTV, got 2 PRCs for a thai pub and went to a big bar near one of the quays. Nice girls there but all money minded. The chun girl ordered a LD that costed me $60 per glass. She drank and went away. Me very :mad:. The 2 PRCs enjoyed themselves and also left leaving the boys behind.

TD also got nice girls. Ladies ask for shots which i refused. Just drank from my jug. I gave one $50 in tips and refused to give a single $50. Stuffed a $10 between the melons and did it in stages. Later, asked her out when the bar closed ,she made bloody excuses to leave. A Bangkok girl that got so "high class" attitude, loh !.

2 days ago, i was in a cheap Bell's Disco in Geyland. Kampung duck here got a viet that needed some raba raba on her naked nipples. French kissed her many times and all the S'poreans just looked at us. Hmmm !.

S'poreans maybe more reserved in hometown. That leaves the girls demanding more hanging flowers, LDs but no go out with you attitude.

Better go to LOS to enjoy. Cheaper and easier to get what you required given the current turmoil in BKK.

norice
23-04-2010, 04:26 PM
Hello,

Current Situation:

Several BTS and MRT stations are closed due to Assholes (redshirts) demonstration and launching of grenades that killed and injured innocent bystanders. But in my opinion, it's still safe to visit gogo bars, soapys, massage centers, discos and coyote bars!

I was in Silom yesterday afternoon workingout at California WOS and they're thousands and thousands of antiredshirts demonstrators, the size of the crowd was similare to RCA crowd during Songkran! But that night, different story due to launching of 5 grenades by assholes!

The traffic in Ratchada and Sukhumvit area is horrendous due to assholes violent attack!

Time for a beer to relief my anger!

glouyang
23-04-2010, 04:33 PM
Hello,

Current Situation:

Several BTS and MRT stations are closed due to Assholes (redshirts) demonstration and launching of grenades that killed and injured innocent bystanders. But in my opinion, it's still safe to visit gogo bars, soapys, massage centers, discos and coyote bars!

I was in Silom yesterday afternoon workingout at California WOS and they're thousands and thousands of antiredshirts demonstrators, the size of the crowd was similare to RCA crowd during Songkran! But that night, different story due to launching of 5 grenades by assholes!

The traffic in Ratchada and Sukhumvit area is horrendous due to assholes violent attack!

Time for a beer to relief my anger!

Crap... more jams on a day when i have to be on the roads ...
I need more black labels tonight...

ChaYen
23-04-2010, 09:16 PM
The Silom thing somehow caused Ratchada to get more jammed than usual? Everyone probably fleeing to the safety of the soapys there now that PP is down, haha