PDA

View Full Version : guangzhou trade fair April 2004

cowgum
15-04-2004, 12:31 AM
Hi,

I am in GZ for the trade fair. Am wondering if anybody else is here for dat? I am looking for bros to cheong, so if anybody is interested, PM me. I will be here till early may.

tirak69
15-04-2004, 01:15 AM
Hi,

I am in GZ for the trade fair. Am wondering if anybody else is here for dat? I am looking for bros to cheong, so if anybody is interested, PM me. I will be here till early may.
hotel too bloody expensive (china hotel and dong fang). any suggestions/alternatives?

Sinoview
15-04-2004, 10:38 AM
hotel too bloody expensive (china hotel and dong fang). any suggestions/alternatives?

You are right the hotel rate is double or triple the normal rate.

If want save some money stay a little out of GZ loh like in Panyu, Huadu City or Zhencheng loh. The journey is about half an hour by taxi only....

I have stayed in Panyu before it's not too bad.....air and environment is mcuh better than GZ. For cheonging and night life..... still managable with some planning.

Enjoy.......l

cbjuiceyumseng
15-04-2004, 02:12 PM
Normal China and Dong Fang already quite expensive liao, machiam our singapore 4 star hotel standard.

Remembered paying some 700rmb for one night at DongFang in my last trip there last month. The hotel is still going intensive renovation but good still. TV can be used for internet surfing with wireless keyboard supplied.

Reckon this place is really great for business with its impressive suites of meeting rooms and excellent business center. Food and Beverage is close to lame.

Heard bout Panyu, a whoring heaven :D Would stay there next time if i am in GZ.

P.S: How come everytime i dig my nose when in town in GZ, my nostrils turn out to be black? kekeke...bad air. :D

Tr|pp|ng
15-04-2004, 02:47 PM
Panyu would be a good option. Heres some recommendation:

District :Dashi (Panyu)
Notable Hotels: White Palace - Li Jiang Ming Zhu (4 Star)
Distance from Fair: About 40+ km (Taxi - RMB$60 max including toll)
Distance from City: About 30+ km (Taxi - RMB$50 max including toll)
Room Price: RMB$688 (Although its Fair price, still considered cheaper than most GZ hotels)
Attractions: Hotel KTV, KTV HauMun (Classy KTV), Hotel MP, Guest House MP (Next door).

District :Shiqiao (Panyu)
Notable Hotels: Plenty of hotels on Da Bei Lu (Big North)
Room Price: Around RMB$400 - 600
Distance from Fair: About 70+ km (Taxi - RMB$100 max including toll)
Distance from City: About 60+ km (Taxi - RMB$80 max including toll)
Attractions: Lots of KTVs around. Lotsa Shopping. Lotsa Girls. Few Saunas. Great food.

Overall: Panyu is a wonderful place - and of coz Air is cleaner here :) Its the next closet city to Guangzhou - Me lives there.

Cheonging wise - well I'll let Bro Jans speak on my behalf if he reads this - Models!!!!! hahaha....

Tr|pp|ng
15-04-2004, 02:49 PM
Normal China and Dong Fang already quite expensive liao, machiam our singapore 4 star hotel standard.

Remembered paying some 700rmb for one night at DongFang in my last trip there last month. The hotel is still going intensive renovation but good still. TV can be used for internet surfing with wireless keyboard supplied.

Reckon this place is really great for business with its impressive suites of meeting rooms and excellent business center. Food and Beverage is close to lame.

P.S: How come everytime i dig my nose when in town in GZ, my nostrils turn out to be black? kekeke...bad air. :D

If you want to book a room now at these hotels, chances are - they're full.

Usually, they'll ask you to walk in for booking - and if you do. Kena Chop! At least 3000rmb a night.

cbjuiceyumseng
15-04-2004, 06:35 PM
If you want to book a room now at these hotels, chances are - they're full.

Usually, they'll ask you to walk in for booking - and if you do. Kena Chop! At least 3000rmb a night.

WTF man.....3000rmb??

Btw which travel agency u guys use in Singapore to book for hotels in china? I tried a few but shit rates. I buy my airtickets anywhere, mostly fly by cathay pacific though........

Sinoview
16-04-2004, 02:00 PM
Overall: Panyu is a wonderful place - and of coz Air is cleaner here :) Its the next closet city to Guangzhou - Me lives there.

Cheonging wise - well I'll let Bro Jans speak on my behalf if he reads this - Models!!!!! hahaha....

The air in GZ is really bad.......I think it's worse than SZ, Sh and BJ. Though the traffic has improved somewhat over the last few years...it's still undesirable.

Moreover the hotel rates during the trade fair is "atrociously" high, I will surely opt to stay in Panyu if I am going to the trade fair....

Please give some advises on the "cheonging" places leh ????

cbjuiceyumseng
16-04-2004, 09:13 PM
Ya man....i also want to contribute some sperm to Guangzhou..keke

Btw, 1st bottle on me if we meet up! Dun argue!

tirak69
16-04-2004, 11:19 PM

dats expensive. was staying at dong fang last year and book via those cards they give out at airport. rate was RMB388. stayed in the old wing. i prefer 5 rams... cheap and good.

air in GZ/SZ is always bad... but we still go rite?

cowgum
17-04-2004, 12:21 AM
just got back from the 2nd day of the fair...GZ weather really sux...cannot even see the blue sky....anyways...I m staying at a hostel...managed to get it at 180rmb thru friend ho has a company here. It's not a great place with just a bed an toilet but i guess it's better than spending the sort of money with the no. of days that I m staying. Girls here are nt dat good lay...or m being in the wrg pl....at least i have eye candies in SH but even the ones at the fair r not that good. Haven got any opportunities to cheong yet......now beo-ing a girl sitting opp me in the internet cafe...the best i had seen so far here but she's wif a grp of friens....damn....:P

alvin1969
19-04-2004, 01:32 PM
Cowgun,

Try to pm you but your account full. If you want to cheong this Saturday, please email me at [email protected].

natto3
19-04-2004, 06:17 PM
the airport is like a shit house with no directions to which is ladies or gents. :mad:

DumbAss
19-04-2004, 07:59 PM
You are right the hotel rate is double or triple the normal rate.

If want save some money stay a little out of GZ loh like in Panyu, Huadu City or Zhencheng loh. The journey is about half an hour by taxi only....

I have stayed in Panyu before it's not too bad.....air and environment is mcuh better than GZ. For cheonging and night life..... still managable with some planning.

Enjoy.......l
Bro, I agree with you. Maybe we should all stay in Panyu! :D

cowgum
21-04-2004, 04:52 AM
alvin1969: email u liao...waiting for yur reply

alvin1969
21-04-2004, 09:18 AM
I have emailed you my contact and the details how to get to Changping. Just incase you did not receive my email, you can call me at 13537702223 tomorrow as I will be in China.

Sinoview
21-04-2004, 03:22 PM
Bro, I agree with you. Maybe we should all stay in Panyu! :D

I am in SZ right now.... going to Changping tomorrow. When are going to GZ or Panyu ???

Cheers

nosuitablename
21-04-2004, 04:41 PM
I am in GZ, wanting to go dong guang this weekend, I am still waiting for tripping's reply.

I have PM you my mobile number here.

apple3
22-04-2004, 12:13 AM
Hi Bro

look like some force is gathering fast. enuf kaki for DongGuang(be it Changping or Houjie) meeting?

me landing in HKIA ETA 21:45hr this Friday, is it too late or difficult to report to DG? any kind soul to advise whether is possible?

Help!!! Trlpplng? are you there still??

only need to be at Guangzhou abt 6pm Saturday, how to spend depends on good Samsters there!

hope some one can point good ideas and not waste my precious Friday nite there. mid-nite no problem, only afraid by the time I reach DG, may pass midnite and LL there! what do you think? or may have to settle near HKIA? or Shenzhen? This forum is really useful to people like me now.

tks bro.

alvin1969
22-04-2004, 10:42 AM
I don't know whether you can catch the bus to Dongguan or not as it is rather late. Even if you can, it is already midnight and all the girls will be sleeping. A group of kakis will be cheonging in Changping on Saturday. If you want to join us, give me a call.

apple3
22-04-2004, 01:17 PM
i bet all gals wud be hooked by midnite. will be at GZ on Sat n sori cannot join. just try my luck in case there is some chance at all. had read abt SZ, any interesting news this wk?

cbjuiceyumseng
27-04-2004, 06:48 PM
Sorry wrong msg.