PDA

View Full Version : Beware of Con Artists in China

Sinoview
17-05-2004, 03:41 PM
Bros got to be aware of the huge number of con artists all over China. They used all kind of creative "tricks" to con the innocents, foreigner as well as local. Some of the tricks are fairly simple but others are quite "creative" I would say.

I like to share a effective con job staged by some con artist in the Lowu area.

High End mobile phone for Sale:

This con artist will find some reasons to approach the target like asking for direction, borrow a lighter etc. Then he will bring out a popular high end model like the Samsung E700A, the Nokia 7200 or the Motorola V600a etc. You will asked the target to try calling with the phone which had many "ladies" photo in it. This is to show that the phone is working fine and that the phone actually below to a lady and he stole it. He asked for a fairly attractive for it and expect counter offer in return. After soem nego, he will accept a reasonable offer. Money and hp exchanged and he is gone.... The target will later on realised that the phone cannot be turned on. It's actually a "dummy" phone that the shop used as display. Looks very much like the real one from the outside but it's empty inside..... Actually during while negotiating with the target, the con artist had switched the real phone with the "dummy".....

From what I knew, a hkey friend of mine had fallen for it, so was one Captain, a native from Sichuan living in SZ for 8 years and worked in a restaurant we patronised regularly...... so this con job is quite effective.....

So bro please beware........

vaxvms
17-05-2004, 05:37 PM
Great info for all chiongster!!!
Thks

wenzhouxian
20-05-2004, 09:43 PM
When you are in Shanghai Nanjin Street, try not to respond to girls (usually work in pairs) when they approach you for time or direction etc. They will usually ask you to buy them drink nearby after you've responded to their asking for time or direction. You will be brought to their "pre-selected" cafe and ended up paying 10 to 20 times for common drinks.

Also, when you are in or around major city train stations, make sure you don't look "too blur" or "too curious". You will be targetted and it is not uncommon to see day-light robbery (thief snatching gold chain etc), let alone having your pocket and wallet being picked.

Tr|pp|ng
21-05-2004, 05:09 PM
Even in countries like Australia and Spain, I have friends who have had their money robbed by Street walkers.

Sharing one of their experiences; Friend was bored, drove down to the infamous St. Kilda strip in Melbourne. He saw this red-head and immediately picked her up. According to my friend, he had to pay her first upon agreeing on the fee (this is where she notices where he would keep his wallet following payment), then she would direct him to drive to a secluded street corner and park the car facing a wall with a small road behind him. Once parked, she would request for him to remove his pants to his knees while in the drivers' seat. She then starts to flaunt her breast and start getting him excited followed by teasing his lil'brother....

To distract him further, she has her acomplices drive a slow moving car, often stopping behind his car, with headlights fully on. This would get my friend worried as cops might pull up anytime (Street prostitution is legal but doing it in your car isn't). Chic would pretend to be excited and moan loudly and kept on moving her hands so she will accidentally trigger the headlights and horn of his car. The girl would then tell him to relax and kept giving him a HJ faking as a BJ (don't ask me how, thats what he said) and because he was frustated with the passing cars and the in-car distractions, he told her to stop and leave.

After she goes, he immdiately drives off in fear of a police car stopping him. WHen he returns back home, he realises that his wallet, while intact, is empty - Credit Cards, Cash, Drivers License....

In review - the passing car was a chief distraction, while the horn and flash light and loup moaning is where the girl would get into action with digging into his pockets. The HJ or BJ was really not to get him suspicious afterall thats what hes there for....

Bottom line is, my friend got robbed and he couldn't do a thing (eg. report to the police etc). THese people work as syndicates and are grouped to seek & rob.

Tr|pp|ng
21-05-2004, 05:35 PM
Just realised the thread was about China. Anyway, back to the main topic...heres another tip:

If you visit places like Guangzhou or even Shenzhen, you will definitely come across touts offering to change "HKD" or "USD". DO NOT ENTERTAIN THEM.

No matter how attractive their rates are, stay away. They will either give you fake notes, less notes or even dissappear with your money. I know alot of you will say - NOT POSSIBLE, I"M CAREFUL. But trust me, I've heard so many countless accounts of visitors telling me of their mishaps with these bastards. They are so professional at doing these tricks, you'd be a fool to think otherwise.

Notably, you can see them outside China Hotel.....near the MacDonalds..

So guys, you have been warned.

traummy
21-05-2004, 09:01 PM
Dun be too kind hearted or tink you r smarter in china........
you were walking on the street sight seeing. Someone call you from behind say you drop your wallet. you turn around and there is a wallet on the floor.the someone walk to you and pick up the wallet asking is the wallet yours.while you were about to answer NO, the someone open up the wallet and review inside pack with full of cash! So you saw it and you think maybe it is your wallet(because you tink the someone tink is yours too). The someone not stupid and look into your eyes and say dun tink the wallet is yours but willing to split the money in the wallet with you.
So you agree and you both walk to a small alley and start to split the cash.
Then a gang walk into the alley and in the gang a person shout his wallet stolen.
the very moment all eyes fall on you and the money in your hand.
you get confronted. the someone disappear(same group as the gang). The gang start to threaten you and even start to physical with you. And at the end......they will take everything you have with you...your money..your watch....your belongings....and claim that all your belongings are probably stolen too.
walk away with all your belongings in the broad day light and still shouting and scolding you a thief!!!

This is just one of the example you will encounter. :eek:

newyorker88
23-05-2004, 08:54 AM
Why not talk abt local here too? I have encounter a few times where these people claim that they are "holy man" and they can read your fortune. They claim that they are from overseas. THey will tell u abt your luck signs, and talk abt GOD and so on. They will give you some advice that are common, AND WAT THEY WANT IS $$$, OR DONATION, BUT THEY WILL NEVER SAY THAT UNTIL TO THE END.

1.They ask you to think of a number and he will write down, past to your hand
2. ASk you to pick a flower you like.
3. And color you like.

OF course, before that, he will write the numbers and color and name of the flower on a paper and ask you to hold it. Then when you are being asked abt the colors and flowers and number you like most, it appears on the paper.

TAKE CARE ALL BROTHERS. THIS IS A SCAM. They will try to lead you into believing that they are very powerful and then they will say that you are in trouble, usually a woman who tried to harm you or if you are a gal, a guy will try to harm you. Then they will ask for donations and so on..

Usually, they are Indians, they claim to have been a monk or wat ever in the past. THey are not holy man or wat so ever.

DO NOT BELIEVE THEM! UNLESS YOU WANT TO PART WITH YOUR $$$$$. THEY ARE VERFY SMOOTH TALKERS AS WELL

IF ALL ABOVE FAILS, THEY ASK IF YOU CAN HELP THEM WITH THEIR TRAVELLING FEES.

Watch it, they are very smooth talkers as well. :mad:

Randi_Candi
23-05-2004, 10:46 AM
Dun be too kind hearted or tink you r smarter in china........
you were walking on the street sight seeing. Someone call you from behind say you drop your wallet. you turn around and there is a wallet on the floor.the someone walk to you and pick up the wallet asking is the wallet yours.while you were about to answer NO, the someone open up the wallet and review inside pack with full of cash! So you saw it and you think maybe it is your wallet(because you tink the someone tink is yours too). The someone not stupid and look into your eyes and say dun tink the wallet is yours but willing to split the money in the wallet with you.
So you agree and you both walk to a small alley and start to split the cash.
Then a gang walk into the alley and in the gang a person shout his wallet stolen.
the very moment all eyes fall on you and the money in your hand.
you get confronted. the someone disappear(same group as the gang). The gang start to threaten you and even start to physical with you. And at the end......they will take everything you have with you...your money..your watch....your belongings....and claim that all your belongings are probably stolen too.
walk away with all your belongings in the broad day light and still shouting and scolding you a thief!!!

This is just one of the example you will encounter. :eek:

I have seen that in BeiJing. In fact you can see it more than 3times in the morning if you are walking in BJ alone.
Haha.......sometimes a lil greed is enough to get you a well learnt lesson and also set you back by quite a big sum.
Just be careful with your own belongings and don't be greedy.
Then you will be a safe globetrotter.

Randi_Candi
23-05-2004, 10:49 AM
Another incident that happens is touting for customers.
They will claim that they know of joints that has pretty gals and its cheap.
Not economical but cheap.
In the end you pay above market rates and end up DIY in the hotel.

Be with the locals you know well that is not out to con you and I am sure you can be enjoying yourself no matter which part of the globe you are.

pary
24-05-2004, 11:44 AM
Bro newyorker88, I guess sometimes locals here are just afraid of troubles. It has been instilled in us by the gabermen - pay pay and pay..

So sometimes, i think even if some ppl know they are scams, they want less problems and jus pay them a bit to get them on their way. Especially when they see that these ppl can be so "accurate" with their number/color "magic", then they could probably do harm to them if they refuse..

newyorker88
24-05-2004, 12:38 PM
Bro newyorker88, I guess sometimes locals here are just afraid of troubles. It has been instilled in us by the gabermen - pay pay and pay..

So sometimes, i think even if some ppl know they are scams, they want less problems and jus pay them a bit to get them on their way. Especially when they see that these ppl can be so "accurate" with their number/color "magic", then they could probably do harm to them if they refuse..

I have encountered a few of them, scruntise their words, actions and so on...

THat is how I come to conclusion that they are fakes you see. They try to buy your "trust" by showing you that they are able to predict your numbers and flowers in this case that I write abt. It is actually predictable for these things, from they way they talk

There are so other cases where they say all they want. End of it, they ask for $$$.

Even this topic is not really sex related. I am writing this for the purpose that some tricksters involve sex as well.

So far, I have never heard of any medium who claim that they can "clean others" by having sex with the victim.....

I am sure those more reputatable mediums are able to help others becos they are asked by higher powers to do so.

A bit off track, but the message is there are alot of tricksters out there, be it sex or $$$.

Good Day ;)

tennis
24-05-2004, 02:22 PM
I have encountered a few of them, scruntise their words, actions and so on...

THat is how I come to conclusion that they are fakes you see. They try to buy your "trust" by showing you that they are able to predict your numbers and flowers in this case that I write abt. It is actually predictable for these things, from they way they talk

There are so other cases where they say all they want. End of it, they ask for $$$.

Even this topic is not really sex related. I am writing this for the purpose that some tricksters involve sex as well.

So far, I have never heard of any medium who claim that they can "clean others" by having sex with the victim.....

I am sure those more reputatable mediums are able to help others becos they are asked by higher powers to do so.

A bit off track, but the message is there are alot of tricksters out there, be it sex or $$$.

Good Day ;)

Something I'll like to contribute for those who parties alot......

If you're in one of those pubs or disco in Hengshan road, don't be fooled by those gals that comes in group offering you companionship. These gals often would tell you that they only asked for drinks, which takes up 60RMB (actual cost of 20 - 30 only). They would then return and keep you company for the next five to ten mins. Next they would start asking you to pay for 180 RMB so that they can sit with you the entire nighth, forget it! The additional 180 would last most another 15 mins and they would somehow find excuses to leave. I've seen and heard alot of foreign guys going to those pubs and been conned many times. These are worst than butterflies...........

Also, if you're in Shenzhen or Guangzhou, avoid taking pubile buses. In fact, avoid taking buses in any part of China as there are group operating on public transport that pick your wallet, should you resist or report any that you've spotted, the next thing you'll get is a good trashing with punches and kicks. So beware.................

Walking along the streets could prove to be "adventurous" at times. Avoid donating money to those beggers that approach you, for giving to one in an invitation to all. Beware when a small cute little kid walking behind or beside you, these are trained professional pick pockets that has a quota to meet by their "operating units".

newyorker88
24-05-2004, 02:32 PM
Something I'll like to contribute for those who parties alot......

If you're in one of those pubs or disco in Hengshan road, don't be fooled by those gals that comes in group offering you companionship. These gals often would tell you that they only asked for drinks, which takes up 60RMB (actual cost of 20 - 30 only). They would then return and keep you company for the next five to ten mins. Next they would start asking you to pay for 180 RMB so that they can sit with you the entire nighth, forget it! The additional 180 would last most another 15 mins and they would somehow find excuses to leave. I've seen and heard alot of foreign guys going to those pubs and been conned many times. These are worst than butterflies...........

Also, if you're in Shenzhen or Guangzhou, avoid taking pubile buses. In fact, avoid taking buses in any part of China as there are group operating on public transport that pick your wallet, should you resist or report any that you've spotted, the next thing you'll get is a good trashing with punches and kicks. So beware.................

Walking along the streets could prove to be "adventurous" at times. Avoid donating money to those beggers that approach you, for giving to one in an invitation to all. Beware when a small cute little kid walking behind or beside you, these are trained professional pick pockets that has a quota to meet by their "operating units".

Heard abt the beggers, but as for the bus... I heard that there will be a group that gamble. Dont join in, the group "gang up" liao. If you play with them, u are likely to be the losing party.

Also heard that those selling items that looks good, but if you buy, they give you a new package and things arent wat they turn out to be. Just beware too.

Tr|pp|ng
26-05-2004, 03:24 PM
Just a few days ago, some guy was at the bank nearby my office, withdrawing around 300,000rmb. Within minutes leaving the bank, he was assulted by some guy outside. The victim was defiant into giving way and fought back by throwing punches despite the assailant threatening with a knife. Just as the victim was about to escape, the robber thumped from behind and slit his throat so deep he bled to death within minutes.....

If you think this is a remote incident, think again. This type of daylight robbery, according to my finance girls who frequent the bank daily, is the 4th time its happening in this month alone.

Guangzhou is in fact one of the most notorious cities in China till one newspapers once say and I quote "Spring Festival- The Unofficial Gathering of Robbers and Pickpockets in Guangzhou" Alot of these evil bastards would travel thousands of miles to come to GZ to try their luck with such crimes. Whats worse is that many resort to doing so in GZ because theres just so many people here in transit and these criminals MUST bring home something to show for Chinese New Year.

just4fun
26-05-2004, 04:58 PM
During my last visit to SZ, I actually witness a "syndicate" of pickpockets operating RIGHT infront of me...

There are 2 kids (I think abt 8-10 yrs old) acting as if they are playing around in the broad daylight, whereby there are 2 adults that will be walking (2-4 metres) behind them. Once they spotted a target, one of the kids will "acidentally" knock onto the "prey" and fell down. Normal reaction for us, will be to help the kid up to their feet, then the other kid will sneak from behinds and pickpocket either his HP or wallet.

In the event that they are spotted / caught, the 2 adults walking behind will act as if that they are trying to catch the kids, creating a havoc situation whereby the kids will disappear into the alley...

According to my china friend, we SHALL NOT alert or shout if we spotted them at "work" because it will result in a thrashing by a larger group of their pals within the vinicity.... often end up seriously injured...

Pls be aware

Tr|pp|ng
26-05-2004, 05:08 PM
During my last visit to SZ, I actually witness a "syndicate" of pickpockets operating RIGHT infront of me...

There are 2 kids (I think abt 8-10 yrs old) acting as if they are playing around in the broad daylight, whereby there are 2 adults that will be walking (2-4 metres) behind them. Once they spotted a target, one of the kids will "acidentally" knock onto the "prey" and fell down. Normal reaction for us, will be to help the kid up to their feet, then the other kid will sneak from behinds and pickpocket either his HP or wallet.

In the event that they are spotted / caught, the 2 adults walking behind will act as if that they are trying to catch the kids, creating a havoc situation whereby the kids will disappear into the alley...

According to my china friend, we SHALL NOT alert or shout if we spotted them at "work" because it will result in a thrashing by a larger group of their pals within the vinicity.... often end up seriously injured...

Pls be aware

Thats so true...a few months ago, I was in the car near the Infamous GZ Train Station, and I saw a family got arrested - All 5 of them lining up in a queue with each having their hands resting on the one infront. So it goes like this - Son <-- Son <--- Daughter <--- Mother <--- Father.

Sinoview
21-06-2004, 01:47 PM
Last Friday as I was walking towards the Lowu custom, along the over bridge near to the Shangrila Hotel, a China man dropped what it appeared to be "a stack of US$ note" infront of me.

Immediately, another China man approached me to offer to share the "take" with me. Ha...ha... I politely told him to keep it for himself and kept walking without stopping..... Later, I noticed the China man who initially dropped "the stack money" and the later China man congregated and talked "something" before parting again. To look for "prey"......I guessed.

Do not be tempted and do not accept anything that do not belong to us ..... we should be ok....

spyoscope
22-06-2004, 03:08 AM
When you are in Shanghai Nanjin Street, try not to respond to girls (usually work in pairs) when they approach you for time or direction etc. They will usually ask you to buy them drink nearby after you've responded to their asking for time or direction. You will be brought to their "pre-selected" cafe and ended up paying 10 to 20 times for common drinks.

Also, when you are in or around major city train stations, make sure you don't look "too blur" or "too curious". You will be targetted and it is not uncommon to see day-light robbery (thief snatching gold chain etc), let alone having your pocket and wallet being picked.

The most notorious train station in China should be Nanjing Railway Station. If unfortunately you've to be there. Have firm grips on all your luggage. Shamelessly get the ticket you need. Pay 3RMB to enter the VIP lounge upstair.

spyoscope
22-06-2004, 03:15 AM
Another thing about Shenzhen, and other cities in China as well.

Don't trust the beggars, no matter how pitiful they seem, especial those with handicapped children.

These are organised syndicated beggars. You think you give money to help the children, but all money goes to the syndicate.

Saw a documentary in China, that shows that these people goes to the extend of breaking the hands and legs of babies to gain more sympathy.

Sinoview
22-06-2004, 12:13 PM
When in hospitals around China there are lots of "hawks" hanging around every depts trying to "con" potential patients to their pre-arranged clinics.

They come up with all bull and cock stories of better treatment at their place.
You will charge "atrocious fees" for those who follow them.....

They target both foreigners as well so their local. Just beware and ignore them.....

homeosapian
23-06-2004, 03:31 PM
I stayed in Nanjing for 3 years, always used the Railway.
Yes is a little messy, but I think is the same as all the railway station anywhere else.

The most notorious train station in China should be Nanjing Railway Station. If unfortunately you've to be there. Have firm grips on all your luggage. Shamelessly get the ticket you need. Pay 3RMB to enter the VIP lounge upstair.

cbjuiceyumseng
24-06-2004, 09:39 PM
Another thing about Shenzhen, and other cities in China as well.

Don't trust the beggars, no matter how pitiful they seem, especial those with handicapped children.

These are organised syndicated beggars. You think you give money to help the children, but all money goes to the syndicate.

Saw a documentary in China, that shows that these people goes to the extend of breaking the hands and legs of babies to gain more sympathy.

This is sickening. Seen a lot of them around the LOWU area in Shenzhen also. Fucking piece of shit those syndicates.

There is this guy i seen on the road leading to the HongKong / Outward customs in Shenzhen.....he has no legs...and only one arm. He is like dragging himself around. OMFG...this sort of suffering....he keeps knocking his head on the pavement too. :(

bapple
25-06-2004, 03:42 AM
This is sickening. Seen a lot of them around the LOWU area in Shenzhen also. Fucking piece of shit those syndicates.

There is this guy i seen on the road leading to the HongKong / Outward customs in Shenzhen.....he has no legs...and only one arm. He is like dragging himself around. OMFG...this sort of suffering....he keeps knocking his head on the pavement too. :(

Same in BKK, you'll see some guy face down on the pavement, no legs. Travelling widens your horizon. Haven't been to China, after reading about all the scams, afraid to : )

slowplayman
25-06-2004, 06:50 PM
This is my personal opinion for travelling anywhere, searching for sex/fun... Especially in China.

DO not bring wallet, watch and mobile. Leave all the valuables in hotel.
Do not give any $$$ to ppl out of compassion.
Do not agreed to anything to their terms.
do not follow them to a place that they recommends;
Bring onli enough cash enuff for the night. Anything else, get the gals to go to your hotel then you can agreed.
Do not patronise the same sleazy joint twice.

At least u are left with ur impt documents and have enuff cash to come back home. They will not hurt / kill / kidnapp you as it is too tedious for them.

wenzhouxian
26-06-2004, 12:58 AM
When in hospitals around China there are lots of "hawks" hanging around every depts trying to "con" potential patients to their pre-arranged clinics.

They come up with all bull and cock stories of better treatment at their place.
You will charge "atrocious fees" for those who follow them.....

They target both foreigners as well so their local. Just beware and ignore them.....

My friend once told me that when his father was having high fever while visiting him, they brought him to the local hospital Shanghai. The doctor just took a look at his father and then told them that his father will be left at one corner for "observation" (not warded, just left at one corner). Nothing was done to his father (no temperature taken, no medicine given, nothing). After about half and hour, my friend approached the nurse for help again and the same doctor appeared again and took another look at his father and told my friend that his father will be left under observation at the same corner. When confronted, the doctor said that he had other patients to attend to and told him to wait for his turn. Out of frustration, my friend asked his Chinese Friend for help and guess what? His Chinese Friend told my friend to give a few thousand RMB to the nurse and asked the father to be treated immediately. My friend followed the advice accordingly and his father was promtly treated.

He later realised that this is a common practice in China.

The Stalker
16-02-2015, 10:33 PM
Few months ago Sinoview has passed on. This is the only thread that he started. At least he left something for us....

hoian
16-02-2015, 11:26 PM
I have travelled extensively across China and the worst things that happened to me:
1) Gfs hp pickpocketed in GZ railway station
2) My own hp pickpocketed in Chengdu (cheap Nokia)

So do carry only cheap phones and small money when walking around.

SEAJ
17-02-2015, 12:51 AM
Few months ago Sinoview has passed on. This is the only thread that he started. At least he left something for us....
Very meaningful that you have located and revived Bro Sinoview's thread.
When I first met him, it really was very early days in the Southern China mongering scene.

I would like to suggest that we try to keep this thread current in his memory as I believe that many here owes a lot to Bro Sinoview for the good times we all have had.

Unfortunately, the China mongering scene is now quite "restricted" and many of us also venture to other destinations for our favorite hobby; as such, to encourage maximum participation by more, we can also contribute to the knowledge of "Cons" and "Con Artists" everywhere instead of it just being limited to China.

Just my suggestion, and I would appreciate it that if you object to anything I say, that you nonetheless respect our Bro's memory by NOT expressing such here/bring it to my/other thread etc.

I would like to start the ball rolling with my next post.

Thank you
SEAJ

SEAJ
17-02-2015, 12:55 AM
Foreigners living overseas/expatriates preying on us! Ethnic Scams
I’ve visited and lived in many different places and I of course know that the great majority of expatriates – real business people, solid retirees, those taking a well-deserved break from their stressful profession, whatever, ARE respectable people.

But then there is a subset of them who we all need to watch out for too. Unfortunately, hard to judge these from their appearances as most expatriates adapt to the local mode of dress and of course tourists everywhere look like crap!
These long term expatriate dregs at times are victims of scams themselves – many times Love Scams, have had unfortunate accidents/incidences PLUS more significantly, those who just cannot go back to their own countries. Those with arrest warrants, those running away from creditors, those whose reputation is so bad that it’s impossible for them to work back home – people who are dregs in any society but who’ve found a new life committing ETHNIC SCAMS in countries where they've run away to.

Hard for them to scam locals, they turn to visitors, foreigners – especially fellow countrymen - to pull off their scams. And hate to point this out, but IMHO, Singaporeans seems to be a favorite target as you guys are generally so good natured, trusting and don’t sweat the details. Your society is so well governed AND controlled, your laws are so effective at protecting you, your ethics are so entrenched in the good OLD Chinese/Confucian ways (Note – not how the PRC is these days), that you just all too easily trust others and especially fellow Singaporeans.

I of course know that most of you already know most of the things I’m gonna write – but somehow, all too many of us, including yours truly, do tend to forget even basic precautions when out for a good time. Just listing some reminders – and of course please feel free to add your own.

OK, going back to ALL manners of expatriate dregs – do watch out for :
- Those who strikes up conversations with you. Yeah, nice, but at least try to determine the bona-fides of such chance meeting instead of just being so glad to have a chance to connect up. So easy to sucker people who are alone in a foreign land but actually worse when you’re a couple or a group - as you are more likely to then have your guards down.

- Offers to “let’s go” somewhere for great buys, bargains places etc. which he himself want to go to. And oh… offers to change currency as he’s going home and no longer need so much local money.

- Honey traps – yeah, the lost lonely foreign gal.

- Foreigners feigning great distress – at having been robbed, losing their money, being victimized by local (corrupt or otherwise) authorities etc. How very natural for us all to help out…and then get suckered in!

- Foreigners making sure you hear them speak the local language. LOL – again just our natural tendency to approach people who we think can help make our stay better as they are localized. And do also remember - Singlish spoken loudly is another thing to be wary of!

- Foreigners making outlandish show of how free spending/flushed he is (usually in cahoots with the bar, club etc. owners). Hey, he’s rich, no need for me to worry about befriending him! WRONG! And even if he is NOT a scam artist, too many times he’s just a zero to hero – those whose daily life at home is so miserable needs to show-off when overseas away from knowing eyes. Nahhh… these Taikor wannabe's, we don’t need to associate with them! Losers!

And one last thing – DO think about any new friends you’ve made when overseas. Would you really be friends with them at home? At home, would you even associate or even be seen with some of the dregs that are like flies in tourist places – especially mongering areas? True or not – that when overseas you tend to forget a lot about what and who you really are, for after all, what happens in Vegas is supposed to stay in Vegas! LOL.

SEAJ

somebody99
17-02-2015, 01:16 AM
edited .....:cool::cool::cool:

SEAJ
20-02-2015, 01:09 PM
Beware of being drugged!

This happened to a friend of mine who went KTV’ing at Peninsula, Chang Ping and took a girl back to his Miraton hotel room. He needed to do some computer work before proceeding to other more pleasurable tasks and the gal proceeded to nicely fix him with a cup of coffee.

The next thing he remembered was when he woke up to find his computers, mobile, watch, cash etc. gone together with the girl. Reviewing the CCTV footage, it shows the gal leaving his room with all his stuff worth approximately RMB 12,000.

Got ahold of the Mommy who very apologetically explained that even though the girl IS in her stable, she herself also just met the girl that same day and that she of course then also cannot locate the girl. On the other hand, she and the Pen manager did agree that they are partially at fault (my friend also at fault for not being careful) and gave him RMB 6,000 credit for his use at their KTV.

Whilst this is not that bad, I think many of us also remember the case of a couple Europeans being found dead at the Hong Kong Grand Hyatt after taking back a couple girls. The police surmised that these guys died after being overdosed and during subsequent investigations also found out that there were other unreported cases (fortunately no lives lost, just some money and of course the need for the mongers to cover up their experience). Supposedly these girls laced their nipples with the drug and that’s how they administered the drug, although they most likely also had back-up plans if the monger insisted on a shower prior etc.

Drugging and especially spiking of drinks can and do happen all over the place and with quite sickening frequency – so do watch out.

SEAJ

goldsingapore
20-02-2015, 09:03 PM
i am been scam befotr last time

Konnichiwawa
21-02-2015, 10:22 AM
i went to zhu hai for short holiday. i was walking on the streets suddenly a woman look around 40 and her mother very old asking me to buy them a bowel of noodles cos they come from villages and come here zhu hai cannot find any job and have no money to eat. I pity them so i say ok then they lead me to a roadside stall selling noodles and i order 2 bowel of noodles. when noodles came i pay the bill and i left the table. I walk away for about 100 metre and when i look back the two woman were not on the table eating noodles. i kena con....

I went to macau, then a man wearing business suit told me he lost all his belonging including his wallet and he have no money to eat and ask me whether i can buy dinner for him. thinking of the same trick in zhu hai i just ignore him....

rtmFRs
27-02-2015, 01:54 PM
This i encounter in guangzhou

a mother and daughter approached me on the street and say they just arrived from another province and have lost their all money
And they are only asking for two buns, one for each

unknown to them i had two buns i bought from a bakery in my hands
so i just handed them the buns and walked off, next they followed and harassed me for money

behind my back, they were discussing why so coincidentally that i have two buns
luckily i was in front of my hotel, and they only stop following once i entered the hotel compound

so its best not to answer these people ,pretend to not to know chinese and walk off

Snacky
27-02-2015, 08:58 PM
so its best not to answer these people ,pretend to not to know chinese and walk off

Yes best tactic is to ignore them. I also made the mistake of giving some change to them, and they were fallowing me for an half of hour in the street repeating "xie xie, xie xie.." and poking my arms.
:rolleyes:

MichaelWinn
02-03-2015, 04:18 AM
Beware of being drugged!

Gotp their experience). Supposedly these girls laced their nipples with the drug and that’s how they administered the drug, although they most likely also had back-up plans if the monger insisted on a shower prior etc.

Drugging and especially spiking of drinks can and do happen all over the place and with quite sickening frequency – so do watch out.

SEAJ

LATEST news shenzhen lady drugged and robbed by her boyfriend
http://gd.qq.com/a/20150226/044415.htm#p=1
http://gd.qq.com/a/20150226/044415.htm#p=2
http://gd.qq.com/a/20150226/044415.htm#p=3
http://gd.qq.com/a/20150226/044415.htm#p=4
http://gd.qq.com/a/20150226/044415.htm#p=7
http://gd.qq.com/a/20150226/044415.htm#p=6
http://gd.qq.com/a/20150226/044415.htm#p=5

http://gd.qq.com/a/20150226/044415.htm#p=8

Allanooi
04-03-2015, 04:08 PM
I heard many stealth agents performing witch hunt on other bros just avoid suspicion of evading advertising fees...

SEAJ88
04-03-2015, 05:17 PM
I heard many stealth agents performing witch hunt on other bros just avoid suspicion of evading advertising fees...

Allanooi- TAIKOR talking about me? Yes I'm A STEALTH AGENT.

Happy? LMFAO!

SEAJ88

Allanooi
07-03-2015, 04:28 PM
Allanooi- TAIKOR talking about me? Yes I'm A STEALTH AGENT.

Happy? LMFAO!

SEAJ88

I am talking big one hurricane 88 in dealing at. Vietnam not this peanuts business

panda2rocks
07-03-2015, 07:17 PM
Good to have this forum for all bros. Sharing is giving and we learn fast without the need to experience them - this bad phenomenons.

For a start , artist is something positive and good - why not change this title to con scumbags. They are really scumbags on earth.

In the banks , watchout for those on the handphones.-eventhough banks do have regulations cannot use h/p- they are the insider to the outsiders to rob u . They scan for those withdrawing large sums of cash without bodyguards or protectors.

u will notice them today , tomorrow and so on.... Sometimes the bank cctv must not be working if they can be around there for sometime..........

panda2rocks
07-03-2015, 07:54 PM
Very meaningful that you have located and revived Bro Sinoview's thread.
When I first met him, it really was very early days in the Southern China mongering scene.

I would like to suggest that we try to keep this thread current in his memory as I believe that many here owes a lot to Bro Sinoview for the good times we all have had.

Unfortunately, the China mongering scene is now quite "restricted" and many of us also venture to other destinations for our favorite hobby; as such, to encourage maximum participation by more, we can also contribute to the knowledge of "Cons" and "Con Artists" everywhere instead of it just being limited to China.

Just my suggestion, and I would appreciate it that if you object to anything I say, that you nonetheless respect our Bro's memory by NOT expressing such here/bring it to my/other thread etc.

I would like to start the ball rolling with my next post.

Thank you
SEAJ

With due respect to SINOVIEW , let us make this forum alive, yes , not only in china but the local scene and the world. we can add in a new element - con artist but scumbags instead.:cool:

biro
09-03-2015, 08:17 AM
Well, i been con twice. let me share.
The first was the "phone" scam. I was in SZ during period leading to CNY a couple of years back. Was walking towards the train station when this chap apprpoachede. offered to sell me an iphone 4. said that he needed the money for the new year, how he took it from the wife etc.

The problem started when i asked .. How much.

After that the price came down from 3000 rmb to 700 rmb. The guy let me try the phone and i checked it out. REAL..

Greed set in and a deal was struck,

He put the phone into my trouser pocket and said must be careful.

later when i was checking the phone, i realised that it was a dummmy phone.

sigh. he switched it.

LESSON LEARNT!!! --NEVER BE GREEDY>>>>>

Cheers

chinacuntlover
01-08-2015, 10:14 AM
was in Shanghai after chinese new yr
went to a frequented spa but damn closed
a middle age man approached say he boss
i mistake him for spa boz
he get 1 pretty girl bring me to another location
i thought spa branch..
was brought in a building ktv setup
brought girl but old n ugly
wanted to leave but was push drag back into room
threaten with AIDS needle
LL kena extorted rmb 10k initial wanted rmb 20k
was ask give atm card n password
later card n mobile all changed...
was photo ic n name card
worse later remember middle age man rejected 2 local shanghanese approach earlier

MichaelWinn
01-08-2015, 02:56 PM
went to a frequented spa but damn cl
we later remember middle age man rejected 2 local shanghanese approach earlier

were you alone? did you report to the shanghai police?
thanks for sharing
10k rmb is not a small amount, many of my friends have avoided going to shanghai

jameschong1
22-08-2015, 12:17 PM
went to a frequented spa but damn closed
a middle age man approached say he boss
i mistake him for spa boz
he get 1 pretty girl bring me to another location
i thought spa branch..
was brought in a building ktv setup
brought girl but old n ugly
wanted to leave but was push drag back into room
threaten with AIDS needle
was ask give atm card n password
later card n mobile all changed...
was photo ic n name card
worse later remember middle age man rejected 2 local shanghanese approach earlier
===========
your brain worse than a cunt
don't blame the man, blame your cunt brain!
damn siay suay
I always advice my property juniors on doing stupid things like u when cheing china overseas

MichaelWinn
11-11-2015, 04:47 AM
marriage scam in china. link below, how a prc lady conned 8 chinamen
http://v.qq.com/cover/n/ndb5cau7i6ygqms.html?vid=a0172lbfjwi&pgv_ref=aio2015&ptlang=2052

MichaelWinn
11-11-2015, 04:53 AM
another marriage scam in china,link below
http://v.qq.com/cover/n/ndb5cau7i6ygqms.html?vid=l0172g53vz3&pgv_ref=aio2015&ptlang=2052

MichaelWinn
11-11-2015, 05:12 AM
ponzi scheme in china
http://finance.qq.com/a/20151110/013955.htm?qqcom_pgv_from=aio&tu_type=13&tp=3

maxxdesire
11-11-2015, 07:49 AM
Wah really so much scams there.

newyorker88
11-11-2015, 12:32 PM
Sum it up. PRC is a con country, from fake rice to fake people.

maxxdesire
11-11-2015, 07:48 PM

I cant disagree... :eek:

newyorker88
12-11-2015, 10:19 AM
PRCs, if you have the guts to zap, leave your name as well. It is a well known fact that CHINA has many con artist, fake products, even the oldest profession workers are conning many people everywhere in the world.

Prove me wrong then, for the worth of your zap.

newyorker88
12-11-2015, 04:12 PM
zap again? balless..

maxxdesire
12-11-2015, 10:54 PM
PRCs, if you have the guts to zap, leave your name as well. It is a well known fact that CHINA has many con artist, fake products, even the oldest profession workers are conning many people everywhere in the world.

Prove me wrong then, for the worth of your zap.

Nevermind, up u bro.

MichaelWinn
13-11-2015, 02:50 AM
PRCsthat CHINA has many con artist, fake products, even the oldest profession workers are conning many people everywhere in the world.

never get yourself too drunk in shenzhen or else this may happen to you,link below

http://gd.qq.com/a/20151112/023313.htm?pgv_ref=aio2015&ptlang=2052

MichaelWinn
13-11-2015, 03:02 AM
sex scam in china

http://www.letv.com/ptv/vplay/21439801.html?htime=0

MichaelWinn
13-11-2015, 03:06 AM
internet sex scam in china
http://www.letv.com/ptv/vplay/21823300.html

MichaelWinn
13-11-2015, 03:20 AM
metro ticket scam in china
http://www.letv.com/ptv/vplay/20783929.html

MichaelWinn
13-11-2015, 03:24 AM
30 rmb ktv scam in china
http://www.letv.com/ptv/vplay/21376730.html

MichaelWinn
13-11-2015, 03:30 AM
scam in china targeting horny old men
http://www.letv.com/ptv/vplay/21914181.html

MichaelWinn
13-11-2015, 03:38 AM
how a young china girl lured and con a lonely old china man
http://www.letv.com/ptv/vplay/20252988.html

MichaelWinn
13-11-2015, 03:51 AM
wechat sex scam in china
http://www.letv.com/ptv/vplay/22333972.html

MichaelWinn
13-11-2015, 06:22 AM
another sex scam in china
http://www.letv.com/ptv/vplay/23962541.html

MichaelWinn
17-11-2015, 05:00 AM
another marriage scam in china
http://www.letv.com/ptv/vplay/23580329.html#vid=23580329

MichaelWinn
17-11-2015, 05:08 AM
internet scam in china
http://www.letv.com/ptv/vplay/22211746.html#vid=22211746

MichaelWinn
17-11-2015, 05:23 AM
how china gangs clone your credit cards
http://www.letv.com/ptv/vplay/23237022.html#vid=23237022

MichaelWinn
17-11-2015, 06:08 AM
hotel room scam in zhuhai. must read for all spore and malaysian bros
http://gd.qq.com/a/20151116/007279.htm

MichaelWinn
18-11-2015, 04:07 AM
con woman in dongguan borrows huge sums of money and runs away
http://gd.qq.com/a/20151117/038025.htm#p=1
http://gd.qq.com/a/20151117/038025.htm#p=2
http://gd.qq.com/a/20151117/038025.htm#p=3
http://gd.qq.com/a/20151117/038025.htm#p=4

vietsampler
18-11-2015, 05:51 PM
Well said :D . Everything PRC is fake!

vietsampler
18-11-2015, 05:54 PM
some guys here pull this trick on other samters too, under the disguise of meeting & helping the newbies.:mad:

MichaelWinn
19-11-2015, 03:25 AM

how chinamen fake illness to con insurance companies in china
http://v.qq.com/cover/0/0vl0xuy4zywkc52.html?vid=v0018r65xgl

MichaelWinn
19-11-2015, 03:27 AM

how people in china make fake products
http://v.qq.com/cover/0/0vl0xuy4zywkc52.html?vid=s0018rsuo3g

MichaelWinn
20-11-2015, 03:16 AM
wl robbed in shenzhen hotel by fake policemen ,video below
http://news.qq.com/a/20151119/046774.htm?pgv_ref=aio2015&ptlang=2052

MichaelWinn
20-11-2015, 03:23 AM
another sex scam in china,video below
http://www.letv.com/ptv/vplay/24010012.html

MichaelWinn
20-11-2015, 04:53 AM
marriage scam in shenzhen
http://v.qq.com/cover/j/j88bgifwpd6rjbi.html?vid=p0123ztb663

MichaelWinn
20-11-2015, 05:05 AM
woman cons old man of life savings in china
http://v.qq.com/cover/j/j88bgifwpd6rjbi.html?vid=s01231my0h9

MichaelWinn
20-11-2015, 05:10 AM
another case of huge credit card fraud in china
http://v.qq.com/cover/j/j88bgifwpd6rjbi.html?vid=z0013pk70zd

MichaelWinn
21-11-2015, 06:30 AM
huge fake goods bust by police in dongguan
http://gd.qq.com/a/20151120/009086.htm#p=1
http://gd.qq.com/a/20151120/009086.htm#p=2
http://gd.qq.com/a/20151120/009086.htm#p=3

MichaelWinn
21-11-2015, 06:38 AM
con women hit on old men to con and steal
http://v.qq.com/cover/j/jdnvk9pnpdkokb2.html?vid=a0018h88csj

MichaelWinn
21-11-2015, 06:57 AM
phone scam in shenzhen
http://gd.qq.com/a/20151120/009323.htm

MichaelWinn
24-11-2015, 04:41 AM
fake policeman scam in changsha
http://www.letv.com/ptv/vplay/24047735.html

Willie
24-11-2015, 09:18 AM
Another thing to remember in China, try not to be a "kaypoh" ..... mind your own biz.

Once a group of us were walking home after dinner, a friend of mine spotted a pick pocket and alerted the victim. The attempt failed, of course.

But the pick pocket followed the group of us and wanted to threatened my friend. And mind you, there were 5 of us and the pick pocket was a pregnant lady (real or not not sure). I am sure she had friends around and if there was really an incident all of them would have come out of the back alleys to help her.

This happened in broard daylight, on a super busy street in Guangzhou!

TonyCheong2
24-11-2015, 09:47 PM
But the pick pocket followed the group of us and wanted to threatened my friend. And mind you, there were 5 of us and the pick pocket was a pregnant lady (real or not not sure). I am sure she had friends around and if there was really an incident all of them would have come out of the back alleys to help her.

If you're near a Metro Station just head underground.
Confirm won't follow you because she knows security is very tight in train stations and there're many CCTVs. :p

If want to be zek ark can climb up an overhead bridge! :D

MichaelWinn
25-11-2015, 05:49 AM
extortion scam in china
http://news.qq.com/a/20151124/010846.htm?pgv_ref=aio2015&ptlang=2052#p=1
http://news.qq.com/a/20151124/010846.htm?pgv_ref=aio2015&ptlang=2052#p=2
http://news.qq.com/a/20151124/010846.htm?pgv_ref=aio2015&ptlang=2052#p=3
http://news.qq.com/a/20151124/010846.htm?pgv_ref=aio2015&ptlang=2052#p=4
http://news.qq.com/a/20151124/010846.htm?pgv_ref=aio2015&ptlang=2052#p=5

MichaelWinn
25-11-2015, 06:23 AM
Anot

robbery in guangzhou carpark
http://www.letv.com/ptv/vplay/24056730.html

MichaelWinn
27-11-2015, 06:38 AM
the lure of sex in china
http://v.qq.com/cover/j/jztjadz5u18qame.html?vid=v00195pxjxv

MichaelWinn
28-11-2015, 06:11 AM
Well, i been con twice. let me share.
T

LESSON LEARNT!!! --NEVER BE GREEDY>>>>>

Cheers

i was conned few years back , near a guangzhou train station
i was approached by a young lady wanting to make friends with me
in the end she lured me to a high end restaurant to make me pay for her expensive meal, total i paid 200 rmb for two dishes and some fried rice
she ate everything and later disappeared while pretending to go to the toilet
i had to pay the bill :o

MichaelWinn
29-11-2015, 05:10 AM
fake models in shenzhen command high prices
http://v.qq.com/cover/4/4kg6i31eel39bqm.html?vid=p0153wi2n50

MichaelWinn
29-11-2015, 05:39 AM
fake models in shanghai command high escort prices
http://v.qq.com/cover/4/4kg6i31eel39bqm.html?vid=g0167pd0jyo

MichaelWinn
01-12-2015, 04:00 AM
most chicken meat you buy in china is fake,watch this news video
http://v.qq.com/cover/9/95r1z3ry61gqskk.html?vid=b00118ilz16

MichaelWinn
02-12-2015, 02:15 AM
scam in hong kong SAR
http://gd.qq.com/a/20151201/022731.htm?pgv_ref=aio2015&ptlang=2052

MichaelWinn
03-12-2015, 05:19 AM
fake viagra in china
http://news.qq.com/a/20151202/049966.htm?tu_biz=1.114.1.0

MichaelWinn
06-12-2015, 02:41 AM
another online dating scam in china
http://news.qq.com/a/20151205/015814.htm?pgv_ref=aio2015&ptlang=2052

MichaelWinn
06-12-2015, 09:15 AM
beijing sex scam
http://v.qq.com/page/w/u/n/w0013yrqqun.html

MichaelWinn
27-02-2016, 10:09 PM
prc lady used date rape drug to con men in shenzhen
http://gd.qq.com/a/20160226/014406.htm#p=1
http://gd.qq.com/a/20160226/014406.htm#p=2
http://gd.qq.com/a/20160226/014406.htm#p=3
http://gd.qq.com/a/20160226/014406.htm#p=4
http://gd.qq.com/a/20160226/014406.htm#p=5
http://gd.qq.com/a/20160226/014406.htm#p=6

http://gd.qq.com/a/20160226/014406.htm#p=7
http://gd.qq.com/a/20160226/014406.htm#p=8
http://gd.qq.com/a/20160226/014406.htm#p=9

http://gd.qq.com/a/20160226/014406.htm#p=10

MichaelWinn
18-03-2016, 06:51 PM
more crime and scams in southern china
http://gd.qq.com/a/20160317/016308.htm?qqcom_pgv_from=aio#p=10

MichaelWinn
21-03-2016, 07:29 PM
crime and thiefs in henan province
http://news.qq.com/a/20160321/025213.htm?pgv_ref=aio2015&ptlang=2052#p=8
http://news.qq.com/a/20160321/025213.htm?pgv_ref=aio2015&ptlang=2052#p=1
http://news.qq.com/a/20160321/025213.htm?pgv_ref=aio2015&ptlang=2052#p=2
http://news.qq.com/a/20160321/025213.htm?pgv_ref=aio2015&ptlang=2052#p=3
http://news.qq.com/a/20160321/025213.htm?pgv_ref=aio2015&ptlang=2052#p=4
http://news.qq.com/a/20160321/025213.htm?pgv_ref=aio2015&ptlang=2052#p=5
http://news.qq.com/a/20160321/025213.htm?pgv_ref=aio2015&ptlang=2052#p=6
http://news.qq.com/a/20160321/025213.htm?pgv_ref=aio2015&ptlang=2052#p=7

MichaelWinn
22-03-2016, 09:38 PM
another huge conman scam in china
http://gd.qq.com/a/20160322/010433.htm

MichaelWinn
23-03-2016, 07:40 PM
poker website scam in china, police arrest 218 people
http://gd.qq.com/a/20160323/043748.htm#p=1

MichaelWinn
24-03-2016, 08:19 PM
shenzhen has thr highest rate of scams and conmen in the whole of china
latest china police news on crime and scams in shenzhen
http://gd.qq.com/a/20160324/007388.htm

MichaelWinn
10-04-2016, 06:17 PM
another money scam in china
http://news.qq.com/a/20160408/020099.htm
shenzhen has the highest number of conmen

MichaelWinn
06-05-2016, 04:14 PM
another scam in shenzhen
http://gd.qq.com/a/20160506/013257.htm

Konnichiwawa
16-11-2017, 02:40 PM
Any bro ever caught by 公安 (police) in china for having sex wirh prostitute in china hotel

zarniz
16-11-2017, 10:19 PM
Any bro ever caught by 公安 (police) in china for having sex wirh prostitute in china hotel

You could always negotiate with her before the session that in case police comes you would tell the police you guys are bf and gf so its no issue.
Neither of you would get into trouble this way.

Konnichiwawa
17-11-2017, 02:20 PM
bro
what happen if police caught both of us nake in hotel room and comdom found too. how to explain

You could always negotiate with her before the session that in case police comes you would tell the police you guys are bf and gf so its no issue.
Neither of you would get into trouble this way.

zarniz
17-11-2017, 09:12 PM
bro
what happen if police caught both of us nake in hotel room and comdom found too. how to explain

You guys are BF and GF. whats wrong with being naked and with condoms with you guys are couples? You dont get arrested for banging your GF bro

Konnichiwawa
19-11-2017, 09:40 PM
If the gal is fr KTV or I pick up fr the streets how

You guys are BF and GF. whats wrong with being naked and with condoms with you guys are couples? You dont get arrested for banging your GF bro

newyorker88
28-11-2017, 03:34 PM

They can say anything they want. All they want is money

casinos
21-07-2018, 05:36 PM
any recommendations out of the various vpn apps from the app store and can overcome the great china firewall to access those websites banned in china like fb, youtube, even can't access singaporepools and sammyboyforum in china?

chelsea76
30-07-2018, 11:15 PM
any recommendations out of the various vpn apps from the app store and can overcome the great china firewall to access those websites banned in china like fb, youtube, even can't access singaporepools and sammyboyforum in china?

Windscribe, Lantern, facebook got ad for Butterfly VPN, also expressvpn recommended.

Kaboon
02-09-2018, 07:49 PM
Interesting video,i guess here's the right place to put it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ncOyYzOP3w

..& another 1 with his experience. U can get a reward of 50rmb from china's traffic police by videoing a traffic offender or better still, "create" a traffic offender yrself & get that reward. ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7auIEiTRZI

nookie
05-09-2018, 08:53 PM

I using plexvpn