PDA

View Full Version : Ratchada Soi 4

delifrance
29-06-2004, 06:25 PM
Hi all

it is said and observed that this place packs lots of small pubs and it is one of the killers of RCA. RCA's Morgan and Route66 used to pack the crowds all the way to the road outside these two joints.....now the story is different because of Soi 4, that's what the locals tell me.

Any contributions and comments are most welcomed.....I didnt have the time to play this place when I visited Bkk recently.

Thanks.

free
29-06-2004, 09:33 PM
Hi all

it is said and observed that this place packs lots of small pubs and it is one of the killers of RCA. RCA's Morgan and Route66 used to pack the crowds all the way to the road outside these two joints.....now the story is different because of Soi 4, that's what the locals tell me.

Any contributions and comments are most welcomed.....I didnt have the time to play this place when I visited Bkk recently.

Thanks.
Yes, it's a happening place now, and cater to the local Thais mostly. Have a share in one of the popular pubs there, literally always full house. Quite fun to visit the place and talk to customers (mostly locals). Ratchada City Hotel is nearby at about 800 baht/night. Girl-friendly hotel too. BTW, I happen to be considering selling my equity in the now profiltable pub cos I wanna raise money to let my tirak start her own small biz

siamcutey
29-06-2004, 11:13 PM
Hi all

Thanks.

Unless you like Fire, Sparks kind of environment where all the young lians and bengs mix around, then you will probably like the place. The only one worth mentioning was SNOP. Other than that, most places are pretty empty. The drinks are going cheap, thats why the crowd goes there.

Thonglor IMHO is better than Soi 4 miles ahead in creating pub environment, atmosphere and ambience. Not to mention the kind of crowd in Thonglor also much much better than Soi 4.

Give the place a try and you will understand why I said that. Brought Pii T69 and Farark there b4, but then we didn't like. Probably when you go there, you feel a bit out of place.

:cool:

SC

juggernutt
30-06-2004, 02:01 AM
Where's thonglor?

Soi 4...couldn't find it...

thaiboy
30-06-2004, 08:55 AM
Hi all

Thanks.

Errrrr....not a good place to hang around, too much lians and bengs, too much problem, trouble and fights. 100 , spry royal, etc cheap drinks share amount big group of ppl. You will never see high class thai chinese hang around there....

my 2 bhat worth

thaiboy
30-06-2004, 09:00 AM
Where's thonglor?

Soi 4...couldn't find it...

Thonglor, is at sukumvit soi 55...with alots of high so pubs for high so ppl. Most thai chinese hang around there after office hrs, lots of chio bu....place for ONS

delifrance
30-06-2004, 09:37 AM
Hi

many thanks for the comments, please keep them coming to update the information. I am very curious and will visit Soi 4 because the local thais (hi-so and whatever other so) kept saying that this is the place that killed RCA.

Thonglor has always been a cut above RCA therefore I am of the thought that Thonglor never really helped to thin the crowds at RCA, there are enough people who go to Thonglor. My thai friends who frequent Thonglor think of RCA only as a pure bird-watching place to hunt for their number 3,4,5,6 temporary girl-friends. when they hunt at thonglor, sometimes they hunt for keeps or hunt the girls as projects to play for about 1 year because the chicks there are of better quality (pretty enough and have enough money so as to not ask the guys to pay to upkeep them).

The feedback I got on Soi 4 from the thais are - university freshmen tend to go there, 19-23 year old non-university youngsters go there. The second group tend to be very very flirty and always out to find new, short-lived but exciting relationships.

juggernutt
30-06-2004, 08:03 PM
I am here to short time to hunt like yu guys...so looking for the fun bangs. No interest in LT solutions....so no want to invest in it.
Just nice wham bams thankyou mams.

Deli are you a expat here in BKK? SOunds interesting the action you are after...
But why bother with the pros or semi pros....cant you try and hookup with the " good" girls here? I mean if I had the chance...I'd try and find a GF in the regular crowd.
PS not critiquing..just curious.
If answer to personal...pm is OK.

Sammi888
30-06-2004, 10:41 PM
Tks for all the info on Soi 4 & Thonglor...will find a chance to visit them both next mth...

About Thonglor: Is it a street fills with different pubs? If so, any particular pub to recommend?

Also, I would like to ask in Bkk where is a nice n cosy place where I can have a drink with friend and listen to nice Thai songs...a pub that is not to noisy with techno music...

Rgds.

siamcutey
30-06-2004, 11:08 PM
I always find that good things happen when you least expected it to and they don't happen that fantastically when you really expect something to turn out.
hahaha
SC

siamcutey
30-06-2004, 11:10 PM
Hi

many thanks for the comments, please keep them coming to update the information. I am very curious and will visit Soi 4 because the local thais (hi-so and whatever other so) kept saying that this is the place that killed RCA.

Thonglor has always been a cut above RCA therefore I am of the thought that Thonglor never really helped to thin the crowds at RCA, there are enough people who go to Thonglor. My thai friends who frequent Thonglor think of RCA only as a pure bird-watching place to hunt for their number 3,4,5,6 temporary girl-friends. when they hunt at thonglor, sometimes they hunt for keeps or hunt the girls as projects to play for about 1 year because the chicks there are of better quality (pretty enough and have enough money so as to not ask the guys to pay to upkeep them).

The feedback I got on Soi 4 from the thais are - university freshmen tend to go there, 19-23 year old non-university youngsters go there. The second group tend to be very very flirty and always out to find new, short-lived but exciting relationships.

The thais have a habit of playing young girls. So maybe thats why Soi 4 is good hunting ground for them.
SC

free
30-06-2004, 11:31 PM
Hi
:
I have to agree, being there often enough to observe much of the happenings. Sometimes when the gals get high on liquor, they danced pretty wild and sexy too :p.

tirak69
30-06-2004, 11:48 PM
I always find that good things happen when you least expected it to and they don't happen that fantastically when you really expect something to turn out.
hahaha
SC

hahaha... fact of life isn't it? wat u dun expect u dun hope... life is more stress-free...

tirak69
30-06-2004, 11:52 PM
Hi

that is not to say that thonglor area is devoid of WLs. met some "high range" WLs partying there. these are the so called models who also moonlight... so i think its still a good mix of crowd in thonglor... so depends who u happen to hook lor... may still have to end up sponsoring... kekeke

delifrance
01-07-2004, 02:58 PM
Hi Tirak69

well, the thai people tell me: the ap nam girls and the FLs-at-discos-and-pubs are the lowest in moral character, just slightly above them are the massage girls. They are not talking about morals as in selling sex but the cunnings and games they play even to their own family members and friends...especially the "vulture culture". MangDa...that's the word they usually use on people who take advantage of people.

delifrance
01-07-2004, 03:04 PM
Hi Juggernutt

I used to be an expat. Called it a day for the corporate world, tired of the shit. Still run up and down LOS because of my personal work.

"good" girls? good girls as in "ladies who dont sell sex"? I do know plenty of them, one of them was my former girlfriend. there are contributors and readers in here who have asked me to recommend, the problem is that they dont really understand LOS and the people plus the need to have a really solid mastery of the thai language (which I am still not there yet, far away in fact from my goal) that I do not really wish to introduce or recommend.

Good girls are not interested in sex until they become your girl.....the road to making them your girl is winding and hard. If the girl goes to bed easily with you with all your courtship bullshit....she will not be loyal to you all the time and you will never be at ease in your heart when you are not with her.

delifrance
01-07-2004, 03:15 PM
Hi Juggernutt

another thing is when you get a good girl to be your GF, you have to understand the Thai people and their situation in the middle or lower-middle class....they need to party very wild in every fortnight....anything can happen in their wild party.....things happen...and they hide resolutely behind excuses like 'drunk-dont-know-what-happened' or 'didnt-know-the-guy-was-an-asshole'.........they can go into things knowing that such dangers are existant and yet still go into such activities....it takes too much trouble to try to change their thinking unless they change themselves. I have not tasted this but my thai friends who are good girls have gone into this....home parties and the girl can end up sleeping naked on the bed alone and her friends all gone home etc....(yes, the whole house is properly locked) If the naked sleeping girl is your GF....do you trust her if she tells you that nothing happened and you dont have a person who is there at the party that you fully trust to back up her words? LOL. I stayed out of that freaking argument when the whole bunch of us got together again over a coffee session......sometimes the mildest guy or girl in the group can order a beer, down the mug of beer and fling the empty glass mug onto the floor and behave as if he/she is just flinging a piece of tissue paper onto the floor....the feel of embarassment, anger for everyone is hard to explain...as a non-thai, I am inclined to ignore the whole incident and walk off without a word or a care.....

even for any of the so-called bros in here that would like to speak up for my gf if she does all these, I take it as a pinch of salt.

we spend more time thinking and acting rationally than them. this doesnt mean that we are superior or inferior to them.

CumKing
01-07-2004, 04:08 PM
Hi Juggernutt

another thing is when you get a good girl to be your GF, you have to understand the Thai people and their situation in the middle or lower-middle class....they need to party very wild in every fortnight....anything can happen in their wild party.....things happen...and they hide resolutely behind excuses like 'drunk-dont-know-what-happened' or 'didnt-know-the-guy-was-an-asshole'.........they can go into things knowing that such dangers are existant and yet still go into such activities....it takes too much trouble to try to change their thinking unless they change themselves. I have not tasted this but my thai friends who are good girls have gone into this....home parties and the girl can end up sleeping naked on the bed alone and her friends all gone home etc....(yes, the whole house is properly locked) If the naked sleeping girl is your GF....do you trust her if she tells you that nothing happened and you dont have a person who is there at the party that you fully trust to back up her words? LOL. I stayed out of that freaking argument when the whole bunch of us got together again over a coffee session......sometimes the mildest guy or girl in the group can order a beer, down the mug of beer and fling the empty glass mug onto the floor and behave as if he/she is just flinging a piece of tissue paper onto the floor....the feel of embarassment, anger for everyone is hard to explain...as a non-thai, I am inclined to ignore the whole incident and walk off without a word or a care.....

even for any of the so-called bros in here that would like to speak up for my gf if she does all these, I take it as a pinch of salt.

we spend more time thinking and acting rationally than them. this doesnt mean that we are superior or inferior to them.

Just like I always share with my closer bros interested in all things thai....

Just when one thinks we know them thais ( simply bec one was put up there for 1-10 years ), when the layers after layers of their social mores peel before our eyes, we realized we know NUTS abt them....

Still pretty much a culture shock I would term it.... :confused:

In d end...still.....

chalk & cheese,

CK

juggernutt
02-07-2004, 02:32 PM
Thanks fopr your info guys...
In other words better to go with the BG gals than the normal ones...because at least you what you are getting into?
In Indo...best thing is to get a office girl to become your GF. Free sex and you know she'll not play around on you.

I have a gal here I met at a bar.... I think she has called me a couple of times to my room. I like her...but just reluctant to call her back. Should I do it? What could I expect...
Pay longtime again? Or what? Best thing with her. Pretty sweet girl, good english and hell of a pair of tits. A little fed up being alone in BKK.

delifrance
02-07-2004, 02:43 PM
Hi

Cumking is right. Juggernutt....enjoy.....just be careful and always sleep with one eye open because she may give you free but you have to be cautious, she may fly to your homeland to hunt you down after softening you well enough to get vital info from you or she may hook up her friends who are influential enough to cause a lot of inconvenience to you.

cheers.

thaiboy
04-07-2004, 04:12 PM
MangDa...that's the word they usually use on people who take advantage of people.

"MangDa" is a very hard word in Thai, never never use it on Thais....sure fight..

Mangda meaning is Men living on Women ....not take advantage on people.....

Gigolo.....they call them Mangda....another word for Mangda in thai is "Ka Chua"

delifrance
05-07-2004, 09:50 AM
Hi Thaiboy

oh yes I do agree. I guess that in my dealings with them, the use of the word puts a lot of WL into their place when they try to play all kinds of excuses to draw money from me for anything outside the sex service. Maybe I am too harsh, maybe I am too cutting for the WLs. I stick to my way because I have lived and seen enough of such tricks by WLs, especially the super turtles....few have seen their blades until they pull them out of you.

I expanded the use of the word to encompass "taking advantage of people" because I see so many of their actions (ie. not only the WL but a lot of people who work in the night entertainment industry).

as in "Ka Chua", the direct translation means "ma leng sarp", that's "cockroach" in thai. at least the "ka chua" in our terms in relation with WL means a guy that takes comissions from WLs' earnings. The term "Mangda" in thailand is more than that because "papa san" and "mama san" who take commissions are not labelled "mangda" in thailand, so does the giggolos who worked to service women for a fee (I used to party in a Boy Bar for two months straight, got to know the whole chain gang, the owner who is a lady became a good friend, no cover charge for me when I go there). The ones who are labelled "mangda" really live at the expense of the women, these are the ones who have women giving them money not for sex but for living expenses.

hehehe....I used to know one "cupboard girl" who works in Emmanuelle ap nam (the private collection type - closed door type, not the aquarium girls) and stays in Wattana, when her boyfriend comes down from the taxi upon arrival at Wattana mansion, she will go and pay the taxi driver.....now...that's what I called "mangda" and "turning the tables around on a WL". Oh yes....and she does appear at the Boy Bar alone or with friends from time to time.

LOL. cheers.

free
06-07-2004, 06:26 PM
Good girls are not interested in sex until they become your girl.....the road to making them your girl is winding and hard. If the girl goes to bed easily with you with all your courtship bullshit....she will not be loyal to you all the time and you will never be at ease in your heart when you are not with her.
Haha, how I understand this ... Still working on it even as we are on the road to getting married :eek:. Encouragement is that she is getting more relax and we have come a few steps further from the initial kiss on the cheek. :rolleyes:

Consolation here is that I have yet to have any occassion where I have even 1 reason to worry that she may not be loyal.

juggernutt
07-07-2004, 05:03 AM
What's the story on the uni chicks. These gals just drive me out of my mind...those too tight tshirts with brassy shiny buttons. WOW.
I saw one of them wearing the tight shirt see thru...black lacy bra underneath!!! at National stadium station...

Any success with these chicks?
I know on worldsexguide a guy is faking his relationships with uni girls, but IMO he's full of BS.
Anyway just wondering how to hook up with one..or maybe if any of them work semi pro?

Relationship with a TG...IMO it depends how the TG reacts to you. If she's totally in love with you..she'll do anything for you. Give you money etc, but if she's not I think TG's are ruthless enough to "use" you as a means to an end..aka as a moneymachine.

delifrance
07-07-2004, 12:38 PM
Hi

hooking uni girls? sometimes it's just a matter of going straight to them and ask directions if you are in a public place, eg. Siam Square, Shopping Centres, JJ market.

another way is to check the location of the university, go to the budget pubs and hair salons.....the hair salons are the best because you can get girls who work as WLs or looking for sugar daddies. Best time to hit the hair salons is 5.30pm to 7pm and if the staff of the hair salon are guys or gays.

cheers.

PS: Chula Uni takes more effort because most families that are well-to-do send their girls there, so these girls are not really interested in 'salivating' foreigners who approach them for such purposes. It takes more of a friend recommend friend tactic to get them.

vaxvms
07-07-2004, 04:32 PM
i believe there are many success stories on UNI girl by many lao jiao esp the old delphi forum and sawadee bro
but some claim UNI but how u know she is from UNI
by wearing a tight school-U when mtg u?
student pass?
who cares man!!!
as long as she is chio and u have a good time wif her jus take and keep it as a memories
maybe next time can tell ur son ur SUCCESS stories :p

GiddlyGook
07-07-2004, 09:18 PM
Since we're talking about uni girls, one of the biggest mysteries of the universe is that when you see most of them, they are never carrying anything larger than a small handbag. No books, no writing pad, no pens, nary a haversack. Pretty advanced arent they? I mean taking notes with a super mini digicam and storing their books on a cellphone PDA? :D

The ones carrying books are from prob. from Chula or Thammasat because I know a couple.

GiddlyGook
07-07-2004, 09:26 PM
"MangDa" is a very hard word in Thai, never never use it on Thais....sure fight..

Mangda meaning is Men living on Women ....not take advantage on people.....

Gigolo.....they call them Mangda....another word for Mangda in thai is "Ka Chua"

I guess the polar opposite of the maeng da (this is how I've heard it pronounced) is another phenomenon: the tau hua ngu. Literally translated: old head snake=old men who like young women. Look around you at bars and you will see both.

Some Thai for those who want to make Thais marvel at your breadth of vocabulary :D

Mr.romance
08-07-2004, 12:31 AM
Since we're talking about uni girls, one of the biggest mysteries of the universe is that when you see most of them, they are never carrying anything larger than a small handbag. No books, no writing pad, no pens, nary a haversack. Pretty advanced arent they? I mean taking notes with a super mini digicam and storing their books on a cellphone PDA? :D

The ones carrying books are from prob. from Chula or Thammasat because I know a couple.

haha..this one I agree...This shows that those from Chula/Thammasat are the more guai one

juggernutt
08-07-2004, 02:39 AM
I tried it all...and at 30. I am not(yet) a tau hua ngu!!
Frankly I think these chicks just dig there little unis...like a badge of the elite. That's why IMO they keep wearing them?

I talked with one of them..asking why they wear it? I know woman just a bit...to know that if it's not that good looking or is embarrasing. They would change out of them ASAP.
With disregard of the effort and cost of changing them...

Vax I agree with you...if they are chio...go for it. Maybe i am snobbish...but them being Uni students there must be a certain kind of intelligence. Making them more interesting than just for sex...

vaxvms
08-07-2004, 11:25 AM
UNI intelligent or not i dun know as tat time my thai was half-fuck so wat they talkin among fz i dun really understand
but most important is me and my fz all having good memories for years....
some student are really lookin for sugardaddy, bring u go shopping see here see tat
knn they tink me print thai bahts iszit
anyway juz play the game smartly wif them
tats the trill when u in foreign land

have fun!!!

do it when u still have the energy to party wif them
they can really wild/high when on alcohol......

:p

BankerBoy
08-07-2004, 12:10 PM
Yo bro Cutey!!

True indeed! Deep words of wisdom from the MAN himself....

Will keep that in mind on my next holiday trip to Bkk(this Sat)...

how ya hanging dude?

Still remember I owe you Kopi.... from donkey ages ago.. Lim kopi sometime next week???

Rgds,

Bankerboy

hahaha
SC

delifrance
08-07-2004, 06:12 PM
Hi

uni girls carrying books, bags, haversacks etc.... it doesnt matter much, the only difference is that those who dont carry and you happened to meet them, they are out on a social outing, that's all.

there's always a challenge amongst the girls themselves to outdo each other, they are young and their bodies are good without much maintenance, why not show off?

the trick to approach them is much more interesting.....