PDA

View Full Version : Hotels In Bangkok

same_andy
20-07-2004, 11:07 PM
Dear Bros

I am planning a visit with my wife and two small kids to Bangkok over the coming National Day weekend. Can you recommend any nice hotel ? My budget is around S$150 per room per night. Prefably near shopping, makan, MRT, etc. Also, would appreciate any advice on where/how to get the best rate. As this is a family trip, it does not matter if not near to any "happening" places, but of course, if it is, I wouldn't complain..so long as the surrounding are ideal for families and not too obvious/rugged.

Thanks.

shctaw
21-07-2004, 12:05 AM
try HOLIDAY INN BANGKOK. AROUND US$60 BOOK THRU THE HOTEL WEBSITE. GOT 700 ROOMS.

juggernutt
21-07-2004, 05:46 AM
Change your message to..hotels in BKK when visiting with family...

That changes everything IMO.
Frankly I don't have any real advice to give...because I dont have any real experience. When i used to visit BKK iwth family I used to stay at the old intercontinental.

But if I go now, i'd choose to stay in the siam square area,worldtrade center or near MBK. For example the new intercontinental. Easy reach of the skytrain and close to alot of shopping. Dont know about the price.

Also a good idea is to stay in a serviced appartment. For s$150 you could stay in a two room appartment on sukhumvit centrepoint.
Excellent value for money.
Forget about Ratchada...to far from everything of interest.

Harddriver1
21-07-2004, 08:44 AM
Bro - I am surprised that you had posted your question here as this is a forum for sex adventure not suitable for vacation. Anyway, you can opt for Amari Watergate Hotel which is a four star hotel. It is a very nice hotel and is only 05 mins walk to WTC and there are a lot of stalls selling cloths & other stuffs next to htl.

sinloner
30-07-2004, 04:57 PM
With the wife, it is best to stay at Pathuwan Princess which is in the same building as the MBK shopping complex.

Here your wife and with the kids can spend one whole afternoon or even whole day just shopping in there whilst u can get yourself to an MP even all the way to Rachada or just at Sukhumvit and be back easily within 3/4 hours.

Actually thats what I do when I go to Bkk with wife. If alone of course prefer stay Sukhumvit are.

By the way, at Princess u can easily take the skytrain thru Tokyu 2nd level and move around avoiding the traffic jams of Bkk by taxi. Of course if going to Rachada and not by taxi then u can get off skytrain at Asoke and change to the subway there and come out at Huay Kwang or just before that at Fortune Town

justl00king
31-07-2004, 05:21 AM
Dear Bros

I am planning a visit with my wife and two small kids to Bangkok over the coming National Day weekend. Can you recommend any nice hotel ? My budget is around S$150 per room per night. Prefably near shopping, makan, MRT, etc. Also, would appreciate any advice on where/how to get the best rate. As this is a family trip, it does not matter if not near to any "happening" places, but of course, if it is, I wouldn't complain..so long as the surrounding are ideal for families and not too obvious/rugged.

Thanks.for family trip choose a hotel at pratunam or mbk. thats where the shopping areas are. for your budget of sin150 per night u can get pretty good ones. can also check below forum n search hotels.

www.bangkoktonight.com

hotels i would recommend are amari watergate or pathuwan princess.enjoy your trip. :)

-Potato-
01-08-2004, 08:45 PM
The Siam Hotel at Petchaburi rates is 720 Bht.Stay there,if wanna hit just go out to cafe or carpark can hit liao..hahaha :D