PDA

View Full Version : How to get to Grand Bluewave hotel?

submariner
27-09-2004, 09:49 AM
As Above. Thanks guys.

gigantic_tk
27-09-2004, 05:23 PM
As Above. Thanks guys.

Above the JB Immigration flyover leading to BW .........................???????

ryanlim
27-09-2004, 06:50 PM
As Above. Thanks guys.

flag a cab :o

ryanlim
27-09-2004, 06:52 PM
Above the JB Immigration flyover leading to BW .........................???????

that one closed liao........ :o

now have to go one big round :(

gigantic_tk
28-09-2004, 08:30 AM
that one closed liao........ :o

now have to go one big round :(

First time i take cab there but when want to come back, I ask the entrance man to help me to call a cab, he not helpful one and bochap type, finally i walk to Immigration via this flyover. Subsequent visit I will use this route, only 5 to 10 minutes walk, save times and money.

Are U refering that the whole flyover structure had been pull down?

mykhel13
28-09-2004, 11:55 AM
this is a tough one to answer... yes the whole damn overhead bridge has been pulled down already, so that makes going to BW a big challenge. best advice is to flag a taxi, otherwise the easiest way there is from EDEN hotel. just go straight along the seaside road until you pass New Hong ???? restaurant. there will be a traffic light but go straight on. you will see BW hotel on your right and then you make one U-turn and then turn left into the side road. taa-da!! you're there oredi.
if coming from inner ring road, it's very complicated... but here goes. come straight down the inner ring road and pass all the construction work. go all the way until you see a traffic light (T junction) and turn right. after that the instructions same as above because u will see BW on yr right.
hope that helps!

gigantic_tk
28-09-2004, 12:03 PM
So instead of turning right after Lion Hotel, ie to BW Hotel. I will now better turn left heading for Eden Hotel for Roman Spa liao. There I believe if want to take cab back will be much easier. BW is at a hill top and is near the end of the road, hardly got cab passes there, unless coincidently someone alighted at the Hotels there.

Frankiestine
28-09-2004, 12:07 PM
So instead of turning right after Lion Hotel, ie to BW Hotel. I will now better turn left heading for Eden Hotel for Roman Spa liao. There I believe if want to take cab back will be much easier. BW is at a hill top and is near the end of the road, hardly got cab passes there, unless coincidently someone alighted at the Hotels there.

Actually at tfc junction, turn left is to Eden, turn right to BW...last time at Lion used to have round about now no more....

Malaysian Datuk
28-09-2004, 03:31 PM
For those who drive, bro mykhel13 directions to drive along the seaside road (Stulang Laut) is the most idiot proof way with the least turns.
For those taking cabs, getting there is easy as all the cabbies know Bluewave (name of road is Jalan BUKIT Meldrum, not to be confused with Jalan Meldrum downtown near Ah Fook Street). Coming back is a little trickier as harder to get cabs there but you can dial a cab (get the front desk to do it for you or DIY) at an extra RM1 surcharge only (50% of the time it's waived).

tionggoklan
28-09-2004, 09:04 PM
Sigh....MD...if u post few days earlier n i see it...then i wun have wasted trip liao :(

Last sunday went in to jb, cos long time never go bluewave liao. Gong gong walk up the overhead bridge but was a bit weird y no ppl walking up n down at all. Then when I reached the top, then know that the bloody bridge is chopped off, no access!

Bloody hell, walk down again n try to take cab there. All quoted RM10, me was thinking , cb , seem so near n wannna charge so high n no bargain down at all, so tulan n dun go loh. I was also thinking go there got cab but later wana cum back no cab also jialat, thus mission aborted.

End up drink kopi at city square.

Sigh....seems like next time wana go bluewave must zio 1 of the bro here that drive, if not damn inconvenience.

For those who drive, bro mykhel13 directions to drive along the seaside road (Stulang Laut) is the most idiot proof way with the least turns.
For those taking cabs, getting there is easy as all the cabbies know Bluewave (name of road is Jalan BUKIT Meldrum, not to be confused with Jalan Meldrum downtown near Ah Fook Street). Coming back is a little trickier as harder to get cabs there but you can dial a cab (get the front desk to do it for you or DIY) at an extra RM1 surcharge only (50% of the time it's waived).

-Potato-
28-09-2004, 10:06 PM
knn those taxi driver...nbzzzzzzzz...near near quote RM 10.one tips,dun get those taxi driver that wait at that restaurant near the Shell(??or Caltex)Station.if they quote high,just walk away.
another is get taxi from in front of Jalan Wong Ah Fook and if can go get malay driver.coz malay driver cincai one,not like other,own people also want to makan...i noe they all cari makan,but dun go overboard...nbzzzz :mad:

gigantic_tk
29-09-2004, 12:35 AM
knn those taxi driver...nbzzzzzzzz...near near quote RM 10.one tips,dun get those taxi driver that wait at that restaurant near the Shell(??or Caltex)Station.if they quote high,just walk away.
another is get taxi from in front of Jalan Wong Ah Fook and if can go get malay driver.coz malay driver cincai one,not like other,own people also want to makan...i noe they all cari makan,but dun go overboard...nbzzzz :mad:

Once I 'shop' for a taxi near the shell station, a malay driver want to charge me RM10, the other indian driver wants RM7. Finally went further up the main road call a cab, it was a chinese guy, and I pay only RM5 for a trip to BW. Come back time, the Hotel Bell boy refuse to assist me to call cab b'cos
I m not a Hotel Guest. No choice jalan along the unused flyover and back to Immigration, merely takes 5 to 10 mins walk and RM5 return trip liao.

Now Bros mentioned that the flyover pull down lor, no choice but to skip
BW and go to Roman Spa instead.

si_pai_kia
29-09-2004, 09:00 AM
Those taxi driver who park their taxi near the money changer just outside
the immigration complex and shell station usually charge very high.
They will chop u up like carrots.
Its better u go to the main road or the road near Merlin Tower and flag
a taxi.

HyperS4
29-09-2004, 08:38 PM
As Above. Thanks guys.

Grand BlueWave Hotel
Johor Bahru
9R, Jalan Bukit Meldrum
80300 Johor Bahru
http://www.pinganchorage.com.my/malaysia_hotel/johor_grand_blue_wave05.jpg

gigantic_tk
30-09-2004, 12:14 AM
You might want to call this BW no for the Spa to send you a cab to fetch you from immigration to BW hotel.........................kekeke

Tel: 02-07-2217458

Just confirm about the rate, any update?

RM20 - use of facilities only
RM49 - aunties msg
RM182 - fuull package at the Spa
RM200 - full package at Hotel Room
RM50 - foot msg for 45 min
RM69 - foot msg for 60 min

The rate for foot msg had been paste on the wall of the dressing room
months back since I visited there, dun know if it had changed.

freeman0239
30-09-2004, 08:12 AM
May I know what facilities they provide, such as jacuzi, hot & cold pool or sauna room or is there any meals serve like New York?

gigantic_tk
30-09-2004, 08:18 AM
May I know what facilities they provide, such as jacuzi, hot & cold pool or sauna room or is there any meals serve like New York?

Same facilities as NY except without jaccuzi, hot and cool pool. There is a steam room and sauna room. In term of these facilities, NY is better. In term of more selection and choice of gals, I prefer BW.

By the way, did any bros know if the pedestrian overhead bridge that can lead to BW at the railway station still accessible?

nabeh123
30-09-2004, 08:53 AM
Once I 'shop' for a taxi near the shell station, a malay driver want to charge me RM10, the other indian driver wants RM7. Finally went further up the main road call a cab, it was a chinese guy, and I pay only RM5 for a trip to BW. Come back time, the Hotel Bell boy refuse to assist me to call cab b'cos
I m not a Hotel Guest. No choice jalan along the unused flyover and back to Immigration, merely takes 5 to 10 mins walk and RM5 return trip liao.
Now Bros mentioned that the flyover pull down lor, no choice but to skip
BW and go to Roman Spa instead.

So Bros next time when u to take cab wander around in JB area (eg to eden, BW, NY, Sentosa, HP, etc) try not to pay more than RM6. Ask how much before u hop on, if more than RM6 juz flag another one and try not to take those who waiting to "tok" u at the custom area

Some cab calling no in Johor Bahru for bros
Intan Nirwana – 2343443
Saujana – 2388322
Dian – 3515151
KRT – 2388340
Public Cab – 2413111
City Cab - 3571111

remember to put 07 when u dial in JB

nabeh123
30-09-2004, 09:00 AM
By the way, did any bros know if the pedestrian overhead bridge that can lead to BW at the railway station still accessible?
Actually even tho the overhead was "chopped off", only vehicles are affected pedestrian still can use it to walk to BW that area.
Do u know where the UOB is??? u still can access the bridge from UOB that side, there is a narrow walking path there.

nabeh123
30-09-2004, 09:04 AM
this is a tough one to answer... yes the whole damn overhead bridge has been pulled down already, so that makes going to BW a big challenge. best advice is to flag a taxi, otherwise the easiest way there is from EDEN hotel. just go straight along the seaside road until you pass New Hong ???? restaurant. there will be a traffic light but go straight on. you will see BW hotel on your right and then you make one U-turn and then turn left into the side road. taa-da!! you're there oredi.
if coming from inner ring road, it's very complicated... but here goes. come straight down the inner ring road and pass all the construction work. go all the way until you see a traffic light (T junction) and turn right. after that the instructions same as above because u will see BW on yr right.
hope that helps!
Sth to add on. if bros here drive then u might know where the JB lorry custom is. this custom is open to private car during sunday afternoon and BW is juz opposite..........

tionggoklan
30-09-2004, 01:00 PM
Bro,

Juz to point out, that narrow path u mentioned also no use liao. I walked up n at the top is really "chopped off". There is some construction going on but it no longer link to the road outside bluewave. Last time I used to walk to bluewave from custom cos me poor man, no car. :o

Actually even tho the overhead was "chopped off", only vehicles are affected pedestrian still can use it to walk to BW that area.
Do u know where the UOB is??? u still can access the bridge from UOB that side, there is a narrow walking path there.

Malaysian Datuk
01-10-2004, 04:45 PM
Sth to add on. if bros here drive then u might know where the JB lorry custom is. this custom is open to private car during sunday afternoon and BW is juz opposite..........Saturday afternoon open also open to private cars...

Malaysian Datuk
01-10-2004, 04:50 PM
By the way, did any bros know if the pedestrian overhead bridge that can lead to BW at the railway station still accessible?can't see any overhead bridge at all, now beyond the railway station whole patch of constuction going on...