PDA

View Full Version : L Messi Vs C Ronaldo

machoman
24-03-2011, 12:39 PM
Five Reasons Why Lio Messi is Better than Cristiano Ronaldo

With all the hype about the biggest football transaction of the year that never materialized, and United's Champion's League title, many people have put Lionel Messi on a second level and Cristiano Ronaldo on the throne by himself.

True, Ronaldo won both the European Cup and the Premier League title convincingly while Barcelona ended the year with only disappointment, but that doesn't change the fact that Messi is just a better player than Ronaldo.

Here are five convincing reasons why:

1) Messi is and has always been more of a team player than the Portuguese star. Ronaldo has received heat about his selfish play and while it is true that Diego Maradona called Messi a bit selfish in the last few weeks, the Argentinian does not reach the ridiculous levels Ronaldo can sometimes achieve.

2) Age at this point in the two superstars' careers is a very underrated factor. Messi is two years younger than Ronaldo. Usually this is not a considerable difference, but compare Ronaldo from two years ago to today, and you will definitely see a difference. Additionally, the maturity level of a 21-year-old player to a 23-year-old is significant. For proof of this look at Ronaldinho, who didn't really reach his peak until he was about 25.

3) To most fans the integrity of the game is a big topic. Diving always takes away from the honesty and beauty of football, and unfortunately, Cristiano Ronaldo has perfected the art of diving as much as Olympic gold medalist Matthew Mitcham. Messi, on the other hand, is a warrior. His small frame seems easy to take down. However, it appears like he always runs between someone's legs or stays on his knees to keep a play going instead of splashing onto what some dream to be a huge green swimming pool.

Another point for the Argentine.

4) Success with the national team is always key, especially when one speaks of Argentina or Portugal, and this is where Messi has the largest advantage. At only 21, the South American prodigy has won an U-20 World Cup, an Olympic gold medal, and has reached a Copa America final. Ronaldo, at 23, has been to one Euro final as the host, and that was four years ago, when Figo was still king in Portugal. It just always seems like Ronaldo ends up owing Portuguese fans a little more, while Messi, at his very young age, has given them plenty to gloat about.

5) Attitude is the single most important attribute in sports. Messi has it all. The way he takes punishment and keeps going and his never-say-die mentality are admirable. You will never see Lionel Messi on the ground unless really injured, or with his head down before the end of a game, or even jogging if there is any remote chance of getting to a ball that's seemingly unreachable. Now take a look at Ronaldo. While his talent and potential are unreal, we see images too often of him crying, arguing, or just throwing tantrums that take away from his abilities and his team's chemistry.

Diving and attitude go hand in hand, which is why it is normal to see Ronaldo on the floor for several minutes, and almost impossible to see Messi in the same situation.

Do you agree with the above?

cupid xpress
24-03-2011, 01:43 PM
Hi TS,
I truely agreed.... Can I post my pix wearing L.Messi 10 ARG WC10 away.... Ahh better don't....later people reconize me.
But I'll C&P your article and send to NP for everyone to read.....
Can?

Cheers

machoman
24-03-2011, 01:52 PM
Hi TS,
I truely agreed.... Can I post my pix wearing L.Messi 10 ARG WC10 away.... Ahh better don't....later people reconize me.
But I'll C&P your article and send to NP for everyone to read.....
Can?

Cheers

Bro, you are most welcome to post your pic here.

The above article is not written by me, it's C&P from another forum.

Spurslover
24-03-2011, 03:27 PM
Here are five convincing reasons why:

1) Messi is and has always been more of a team player than the Portuguese star. Ronaldo has received heat about his selfish play and while it is true that Diego Maradona called Messi a bit selfish in the last few weeks, the Argentinian does not reach the ridiculous levels Ronaldo can sometimes achieve.

For me, Lionel win hands down for this point.

2) Age at this point in the two superstars' careers is a very underrated factor. Messi is two years younger than Ronaldo. Usually this is not a considerable difference, but compare Ronaldo from two years ago to today, and you will definitely see a difference. Additionally, the maturity level of a 21-year-old player to a 23-year-old is significant. For proof of this look at Ronaldinho, who didn't really reach his peak until he was about 25.

For me, Lionel win hands down for this point too.

3) To most fans the integrity of the game is a big topic. Diving always takes away from the honesty and beauty of football, and unfortunately, Cristiano Ronaldo has perfected the art of diving as much as Olympic gold medalist Matthew Mitcham. Messi, on the other hand, is a warrior. His small frame seems easy to take down. However, it appears like he always runs between someone's legs or stays on his knees to keep a play going instead of splashing onto what some dream to be a huge green swimming pool.

For me, Cristiano win hand down if we talk about diving. I guess for his small frame, Lionel wouldn't make a great diver, hence, he didn't bother to try too much. :rolleyes:

Jokes aside, I think Lionel may at one stage learn to dive too. However, based on his integrity to stay with Barca so far, I think, for me, Lionel stands taller for this point.

4) Success with the national team is always key, especially when one speaks of Argentina or Portugal, and this is where Messi has the largest advantage. At only 21, the South American prodigy has won an U-20 World Cup, an Olympic gold medal, and has reached a Copa America final. Ronaldo, at 23, has been to one Euro final as the host, and that was four years ago, when Figo was still king in Portugal. It just always seems like Ronaldo ends up owing Portuguese fans a little more, while Messi, at his very young age, has given them plenty to gloat about.

Bro machoman, I think differently with this point. For me both have yet to perform for their individual country at senior level.

However, Lionel has much more accomplished players in Argentina than Cristiano has. Just look at Argentina's lineup and Portugal's lineup. I think Argentina stand out, but Lionel is not performing with so much support may be due to the style of play different from European play.

Hence, to me this is 0.5 point for both. As so far both of them doesn't deserve a full point at senior level.

5) Attitude is the single most important attribute in sports. Messi has it all. The way he takes punishment and keeps going and his never-say-die mentality are admirable. You will never see Lionel Messi on the ground unless really injured, or with his head down before the end of a game, or even jogging if there is any remote chance of getting to a ball that's seemingly unreachable. Now take a look at Ronaldo. While his talent and potential are unreal, we see images too often of him crying, arguing, or just throwing tantrums that take away from his abilities and his team's chemistry.

Diving and attitude go hand in hand, which is why it is normal to see Ronaldo on the floor for several minutes, and almost impossible to see Messi in the same situation.

Ooo... Yeah.... Attitude... Cristiano has more attitude than Lionel, but it is more of a negative than positive.

I guess it is his cockiness that makes him a public enemy, Cristiano has only himself to blame for not getting this point.

On my score card, Lionel Messi (4.5) Cristiano Ronaldo (0.5)

So what say you bro?

Ooo... Yeah...

:D

machoman
25-03-2011, 11:03 AM
Bro machoman, I think differently with this point. For me both have yet to perform for their individual country at senior level.

On my score card, Lionel Messi (4.5) Cristiano Ronaldo (0.5)

So what say you bro?

Ooo... Yeah...

Well, bro Spurslover, thank you for your wonderful blow-by-blow analysis of the article.

The 5 reasons in the above article are:

1. Team Player
2. Age
3. Integrity
4. Success with national team
5. Attitude

For me, it's really a no-brainer. Leo Messi wins hands down in all 5 areas. :)

I have to agree with you that Messi have not performed well at senior national level compared to club level. If you were to read point 4 again, the writer was speaking about the junior level. On the score, I agree with the writer. :cool:

Spurslover
25-03-2011, 04:43 PM
I have to agree with you that Messi have not performed well at senior national level compared to club level. If you were to read point 4 again, the writer was speaking about the junior level. On the score, I agree with the writer. :cool:

Ooo... Yeah....

I didn't follow too much of junior level, hence, I cannot comment on that. However, I am basing on the senior level. Although I am more a Messi fan than Ronaldo, but I guess certain slag must be given to Ronaldo given the pressure he has to take if Portugal fails as compared to Messi.

By way of example:
Any Portugal inability to perform will be Ronaldo's problem. But Argentina failure to perform could be Tevez, Mescherano, Aguero, Messi, Higuain...

I know it may deviate from the writer's directive. But I think junior level's performance is not very reflective of the performance of the player as Pele and Maradona did not achieve greatness due to junior level, given both are great players in their own aspect.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Ooo... Yeah...

Castrol
25-03-2011, 09:32 PM
and unlike messi, cronaldo is gay. :D

http://guanabee.com/media/wp-legacy-content/uploads/2009/06/cache/cristiano_ronaldo_8_display.jpg

joew2005
25-03-2011, 11:14 PM
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/863859/?cc=4716

Messi named Player of the Year

The final 3-man shortlist r Messi, Xavi & Andres Iniesta.
Cr wasn't even in the top 3.

average jOe
20-04-2011, 02:38 AM
Come let's be brutally honest.

Messi deserves to sweep all awards. I have not seen quite a player like him. He even took over Ronaldo of Brazil in the of goals scored in this one season and he is not a striker! more like a winner. Take note, it will be many many years before you can see anther player like him who is still so young. Amazing

But C.Ronaldo is really good too. Though his arrray of trick can't match Messi flair, he is fantasy world class player, A fantastic player.........with a lousy sportmanship to go with.

Let us credit when credit is dued.

Messi wins @ the moment.

joew2005
20-04-2011, 05:48 AM
Messi is definitely better than CR @ the moment.
Hving won the Player of the Year awayd earlier, & Cr wasn't in the final 3-man shortlisted(Messi, Xavi & Andres Iniesta).

After last Sat's draw betw Real & Barca, Barca leads Real by 8 points with 6 games remaining in the La Liga tis season.
Barca has almost won the La Liga league title tis season.

Real's only realistic hope 4 a trophy tis season is 2nite's Copa del Rey Final against Barca @ Mestalla(Valencia), & the UCL SF 2 leg clash with Barca as well. These remaining 3 Clasicos would determine whether CR would go empty handed or not tis season .....

golf
21-04-2011, 01:31 AM
For me, it's really a no-brainer. Leo Messi wins hands down in all 5 areas. [/B] :)

[B]

it's a no-brainer.
there shouldn't even be any comparison between the present messi and ronaldo.
2 years ago, ronaldo might come close.

to me, pt (5) is the most important aspect of a successful footballer...
he should have the right attitude on the pitch. should be able to take knocks positively and leads his team by example when things are not going their way.
most of the time, u'll see ronaldo sit there complaining to referee or looking for chance to retaliate when he is tackled hard. but messi would often get up and try to win the ball back and put 1 pass the defender.

and messi always plays with a smile on his face. u can feel tat he enjoys the game, not just enjoy winning it..

jitlong69
21-04-2011, 06:31 AM
Real's only realistic hope 4 a trophy tis season is 2nite's Copa del Rey Final against Barca @ Mestalla(Valencia), & the UCL SF 2 leg clash with Barca as well. These remaining 3 Clasicos would determine whether CR would go empty handed or not tis season .....

Looks like he (CR) is not and he scored a fantastic header which turns out to be the winner.

joew2005
21-04-2011, 10:36 PM
Looks like he (CR) is not and he scored a fantastic header which turns out to be the winner.

it should not be "looks like" ..... he won the Copa del Rey with the header.

demondemon
21-04-2011, 10:48 PM
still prefer messi
hes more humble

average jOe
22-04-2011, 05:36 AM
still prefer messi
hes more humble

Couldn't agree more. Messi has has been described by Johan Cruff to be already one of the great. A living great, still on the pitch terrorizing opponent great. But even the best still have his off day. A world cup medal around his neck will settle all arguments and destroy all doubts.

His humilty along with his brilliance on the ball just make it easier for us to praise him.

Those who love football/soccer should set aside some time just to watch him play.Though he is still young, player like him don't appear often.

daniboy
23-04-2011, 01:41 AM
imho, there's no comparison between c.r. and messi.

no offense c.r. fans but messi is a class above in sportsmanship, team work attitude, integrity and most importantly, humility.

machoman
28-04-2011, 11:23 AM
http://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/Photo/competitions/Comp_Matches/01/62/41/18/1624118_w2.jpg

joew2005
28-04-2011, 09:52 PM
winners r winners, & losers shall always be losers.
no point crying over the defeat.
It's a face tat Barca won the 1st leg,& it's also a fact tat real lost it.
but then there is still the return leg 2 fight 4 .....

joew2005
16-05-2011, 10:32 PM
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/920461/record-equalling-ronaldo:-i'm-not-obsessed?cc=4716

Ronaldo: I'm not obsessed with goals

CR claims he is not obsessed with scoring goals aft matching La Liga's single-season scoring record with a brace in the 3-1 win against Villarreal.

Ronaldo's brace of free-kicks put him level with Athletic Bilbao striker Telmo Zarra in 1950-51 & Madrid's own Hugo Sanchez in 1989-90, but the Portuguese claimed he nvr expected 2 score tat many goals.

"I m very happy abt equalling Zarra & Hugo Sanchez's record," the 26-year-old told Madrid's official website. "The truth is I didn't expect 2 score so many goals tis year & I feel honoured 2 reach 2 legends like Zarra & Hugo Sanchez.

"Wat really matters is tat we earned a great victory @ a complicated venue. All of us, coach & players alike, 1 2 hv a good end 2 the season, & we're accomplishing tis so far.

"I would like 2 score even more goals against Almeria, but I'm not obsessed abt it. I've tried 2 score fr set pieces many times tis year, but had been unlucky until now."

Madrid play host 2 Almeria on Sunday in their final game of the season, as the former ManU winger looks 2 add another record 2 his collection.

Hernandez
17-05-2011, 12:00 AM
I'll pick Messi over CR7. Both are great don't get me wrong.

But for me, Messi can change the game by himself. We seen a few times when he picked up the ball inside and dribble his way into the opp penalty box and score. He has the ability to create and score as well.

CR7 still requires good service from his team mates, etc. crosses, corners, thruballs to score. And he doesn't create as much as Messi does.

Thus i pick Messi over CR7, even though the latter is better at heading. But Messi is a better team player, thats whats football is about. TEAMWORK.

These of course are my humble opinions, others may differ.

Cheers~~:)

joew2005
17-05-2011, 04:10 PM
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/920512/patrice-evra:-united-a-better-team-without-cristiano-ronaldo?cc=4716

Evra: Man Utd more of a team now

Patrice Evra has suggested ManU r a more complete team w/o CR, despite the Real Madrid man's blistering recent form 4 his new club.

Ronaldo is vying with Lionel Messi 2 be classed as the greatest player on the planet - having scored a record equalling 38 goals in La Liga so far tis season - & his loss was felt by ManU when he departed 4 Real Madrid in the summer of 2009 as Chelsea claimed the Premier League title the following season.

Losing a player of Ronaldo's quality would harm any team, but United manager Alex Ferguson worked on fashioning his team in2 a superb unit & it paid off as a 19th Premier League title was secured with a 1-1 draw @ Blackburn on Saturday.

The present United team lack the swagger of previous incarnations, but they hv a solid spine & France left-back Evra feels teamwork has been the key 2 glory.

"When CR was here he did a great job but the team was playing 4 him & maybe people 4get tat," Evra said. "But since Carlito [Tevez] & Ronny hv gone United look more like a team.

"I don't say tat we're better w/o Ronny but, sure, we look more like a team. Tat's an achievement as well.

"If you were asked 2 pick 1 player tis season, I don't think any1 stands out. That's why the credit 4 winning the title tis season goes 2 the ManU spirit."

joew2005
22-05-2011, 08:30 AM
January 2011 - Lionel Messi won the FIFA Men's World Player of the Year for 2010.

April 2011 - CR won the Copa del Rey Final 4 Real.

May 2011 - Barcelona won the 2010/2011 La Liga League title.

May 2011 - CR broke the Primera Division record 4 goals in a single season aft netting his 39th & 40th of the campaign in an 8-1 thrashing of Almeria.

May 2011 - Barca is in the 2010/2011 UCL Final. If they beat manu next week, they will win it the 4th time.
Although Real has won it 9 times,but the last time was in 2002.
Barca last won it in 2009.

2 me Lionel Messi is a team-player, whereby he play 4 the team 2 win honours.
As 4 CR, he is also a great player but he plays more 4 personnal glory.

joew2005
23-05-2011, 08:34 PM
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/922718/record-breaker-cristinao-ronaldo-unhappy-with-season?cc=4716

Ronaldo unhappy over lack of trophies

CR may hv written his name in2 the Primera Division record books & won his 1st trophy as a Real Madrid player tis season, but he admits he cannot be 100% happy with how the campaign turned out.

Ronaldo's brace in Saturday's 8-1 drubbing of Almeria saw him finish with an unprecedented 40-goal haul in La Liga - 2 more than the previous single-season record jointly held by Hugo Sanchez (1989/90 season) & Telmo Zarra (1959/60).

The world's most expensive player also finished the season with an astonishing 53 goals in all competitions - 1 of which was the match-winner in the Copa del Rey final against Barcelona, which earned Ronaldo his 1st piece of silverware with Madrid since his £80 million move fr ManU in 2009.

However, with Madrid coming up short against Barca in both the race 4 the Primera Division title & in the Champions League semi-finals, Ronaldo knows it could hv been better.

"If you asked me if I'm very happy with the season, then I hv 2 say no, becos Madrid aspire 2 win every titles & we've only won the cup,'' he told Spanish newspaper AS. "But 2gether next season we'll help Madrid win more titles than tis.''

Ronaldo's phenomenal goal return tis season saw him comfortably win the Pichichi award as the leading scorer in Spain, finishing 9 clear of Barca's Lionel Messi, & also seems certain 2 earn the Portugal international his 2nd European Golden Shoe, which he also won while @ United in 2008.

Ronaldo said: "The Golden Boot is something nice, becos it's the fruit of the work of my team-mates, of the coaching staff, of all the employees & directors & of the support of the fans. Tis golden boot is not mine, it's all of Real Madrid's.''

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/922163/real-madrid's-cristiano-ronaldo-dedicates-pichichi-to-team-mates?cc=4716

Pichichi dedicated to team-mates

CR was quick 2 praise the influence of others aft he set a new La Liga record of 40 goals 4 the season by scoring twice in Real Madrid's 8-1 thrashing of Almeria on Saturday.

Ronaldo had been level with Hugo Sanchez & Telmo Zarra b4 the final match of the campaign, but he needed just 4 mins 2 score the opening goal of the game which secured his place alone in the record books, b4 adding another in the 77th minute.

"The reason I've scored so many goals is thanks 2 my team-mates & I'm very grateful 2 them,'' said Ronaldo, who dedicated his 1st Pichichi award as La Liga's top scorer 2 his club-mates & the fans. "I'm generous with my team-mates becos they r the same with me. Without their help I wouldn't hv been able 2 score 40 goals in the league.

"We r very happy 2 finish the season in tis way,'' said Ronaldo, who has helped Madrid score 21 goals in winning their last 4 games, on his club's website. "2 score 102 goals is very difficult & I 1 2 congratulate my team-mates 4 achieving tat. The coach wanted us 2 finish the season with alot of goals 2 start the next season with ambition & we've done tat.''

Looking ahead, Ronaldo said of the possibility of him reaching a similar mark again: "It's difficult 2 repeat these figures, but nothing is impossible & I'm going 2 continue working 2 achieve it.''

joew2005
29-05-2011, 09:16 PM
January 2011 - Lionel Messi won the FIFA Men's World Player of the Year for 2010.

April 2011 - CR won the Copa del Rey Final 4 Real.

May 2011 - Barcelona won the 2010/2011 La Liga League title, with Lionel Messi in the team.

May 2011 - CR broke the Primera Division record 4 goals in a single season aft netting his 39th & 40th of the campaign in an 8-1 thrashing of Almeria.He won his 1st Pichichi award as La Liga's top scorer for 2010/2011.

May 2011 - Barca won the 2010/2011 UCL Final tis morning.Lionel Messi scored the 2nd goal in a 3-1 win over ManU.

For tis season, Lionel Messi won the 2010 FIFA Men's World Player of the Year, 2010-2011 La Liga title & 2010-2011 UCL title.

For tis season,CR won the 2010-2011 Copa del Rey Final & the Pichichi award as La Liga's top scorer for 2010/2011.

Real won the European title Real Madrid 4 a record 9 times, but the last time they won was in the 2001–2002 season.

Although Barcelona has only won it 4 times, Barcelona they won it 3 times in the last 6 seasons. They won it during 1991–1992, 2005–2006, 2008–2009 &
2010-2011.

Real has been La liga winners for 31 times,& the last one was in 2007-2008 season.
Barcelona had won the La Liga for only 21 times, but they were the winners for the last 3 seasons.(2008-2009, 2009-2010 & 2010-2011)

joew2005
03-07-2011, 08:38 AM
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/931816/cristiano-ronaldo:-if-jose-mourinho-had-left-i'd-have-joined-city?cc=4716

Ronaldo: If Jose left I'd have joined City
July 3, 2011

CR has pledged 2 stay @ Real Madrid but revealed tat if Jose Mourinho had left the club @ the end of last season he would probably hv followed his coach out of the exit door, with ManC the 4ward's most likely destination.

Ronaldo, 26, has been nothing short of sensational 4 Real over the past 2 years, scoring 86 goals in 89 games 4 the club since arriving @ the Bernanebu fr ManU in the summer of 2009.

But the Portuguese superstar, who beat Lionel Messi 2 last season's Pichichi aft scoring 40 La Liga goals, says tat while he has loved playing 4 Los Blancos, he would hv had 2 seriously consider his future if recent reports linking Mourinho 2 a return 2 Chelsea had turned out 2 be true.

And Ronaldo confirmed tat a return 2 the Premier League would certainly be on the cards were he 2 leave Madrid, appearing 2 disclose tat he had been tempted by a big-money offer fr ManC owner Sheikh Mansour.

"I think if I went fr Spain it would be 2 the Premier League - but not now," Ronaldo was quoted as saying by the Sunday Mirror. "1st we hv 2 win the Champions League. If I went back 2 the Premier League it would hv 2 be with a club in the north west. I don't like London.

"It's flattering 2 be offered like £20 million a year - it's very good, but I spoke 2 my agent & I think it's better 2 stay in Madrid becos tis year we're going 2 be the best. Tis season we r going 2 be a big force.

"Jose Mourhino is staying @ Madrid so I stay. If he went 2 Chelsea then I would hv left. I would hv gone 2 ManC. But now he's staying, I'm staying."

Ronaldo dismissed reports of a feud with Mourinho, insisting tat he is on good terms with his coach, despite a public objection 2 wat he perceived 2 be negative tactics in Real's Champions League exit @ the hands of Barca in May.

"We went 2 a wedding 2gether last week & we're on good terms & we hv the same agent," Ronaldo said. "He [Mourinho] is a nice person & we live in the same street."

AmsterdamBoy
03-07-2011, 06:47 PM
hmmmm assess both players as exelent technician who do incredibly crazy things with the ball to enchant the viewers but they are just good in their teams in the nationalteams booth dive :cool:

machoman
14-09-2011, 12:02 PM
http://phut90.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/714.jpg

machoman
14-09-2011, 06:50 PM
http://www.fondosblackberry.com/user-content/uploads/wall/o/61/fcb_10messi-13b90aa.jpg

ofallwhyme
17-09-2011, 02:07 PM
nobody can stop messi . he's too good ! hes like on cheat code everytime he play

Hillt
17-09-2011, 09:10 PM
Messi : not haolian, world cup penalty miss for some ppl because too act.
don't crash ferrari. don't cry when miss goal. fast, agile and ACCURATE!

lunarburger
21-09-2011, 10:18 PM
Humble vs haolian. Of course messi wins lah!!

joew2005
10-12-2011, 08:21 PM
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/columns/story/_/id/993980/alexander-netherton:-cristiano-ronaldo-is-a-nietzschean-superman?cc=4716

Ronaldo is a Nietzschean superman
December 10, 2011

While Lionel Messi's genius is flawed, his main challenger 4 the Ballon d'Or, CR, comes closest 2 the definition of the Nietzschean superman. The reaction 2 the prissy morality of his rivals defines him as the philosophy's modern flag-bearer. As u r all no doubt aware, Nietzsche declares exceptional ppl shld follow their inner law, & who does that better than Ronaldo?

Slave morality was invented, he argued, 2 make those suffering feel tat their morality was superior 2 those in charge. While football in the '90s became faster, stronger & more athletic, the lack of power in morality was renamed as meekness - a virtue - 2 imbue the sufferer with dignity. Look @ Barcelona - Xavi, Messi, Villa - all half-pinters in a team of short rounds. By elevating the passing game abv tat of strength & power, they claim a false superiority. Ronaldo, though, & Real Madrid by extension, espouse master morality, theoretically the morality of the true victors. Look @ Ronaldo's physique. If God is indeed dead, it's not becos man killed him: it's becos Ronaldo did. By himself, with his bare hands. The quality is true of his team-mates: Barca's effete Dani Alves was seen 2 by Real's Pepe, incurring a red card but proving the real superiority last season. Barcelona were reduced 2 waving 2 signal their apparent suffering in order 2 gain an advantage fr the referee.

Tis way of thinking is fine 4 Barcelona - it allows them 2 make their team game a strength. Their passing suffocates teams in2 submission, & their incredible technique finishes them off or challenges whatever resistance might remain. 4 Real Madrid, though, they embrace the exceptional abilities of their superman, CR. The ball is given 2 him so he can continue his remarkable scoring feats. 2 be a 1-man team is 2 embrace the other morality of the master. Ronaldo is able 2 achieve greatness with his own talents: his team-mates simply highlight it. Of course, pragmatism steps in - even Ronaldo cannot play in 11 positions @ a time - so they need 10 other players 2 fill the pitch. But Ronaldo's greatness should not be confused merely with his goalscoring - it should be recognised in the other areas on the pitch.

His free-kicks r not always top corner highlight material, destined 2 be repeated in admiration. No, Ronaldo is clever enough 2 work out tat sometimes it serves his team - & therefore him - if he is able 2 create a chance fr shooting just in front of the 'keeper, so tat the rebound can be bundled in. Pretty? No, but the most effective in securing CR trophies & achievement in the long term.

Just becos he's attacked as an egotistical bore, it's not the case tat he is disinterested in passing. He expresses his superiority in allowing his colleagues 2 succeed @ his behest. In 2009-10, he contributed 7 assists; in 2010-11, a further 14; & tis season he already has 8. He may hv selfish traits but his commitment 2 his own success is reflected in the number of key passes he makes. He has the ability 2 set up goals with both feet, fr distance or with short passes. If 2 be exceptional is 2 be an ubermensch, then the sheer breadth of his abilities must qualify him as the uberest.

Further, if the ubermensch is some1 who can look @ mere humans with contempt, then Ronaldo personifies tis. His most talented team-mates, let alone opponents, cannot match his worth. Ronaldo is the 1 man whose injury would without doubt end Real Madrid's attempt 2 thwart Barcelona tis year. Without Iker Casillas, Xabi Alonso or Mesut Ozil, the team could endure. If it happened b4 the end of the transfer window, they could in all probability be replaced if not bettered were it deemed necessary. If Ronaldo had a long-term injury, who could fit in2 his role? Nobody. His otherworldliness is reflected in tat his absence would lead 2 a fundamental readjustment 2 Real Madrid. Their aims would shift fr domination 2 simply victory. No other player can do tat.

The will 2 power of Ronaldo is wat allows him 2 be the best player he can be with a relentless vigour. It is tat he aims 4 the highest possible achievement tat makes him vital 4 any team. An ubermensch is supposed 2 answer a question tat we did not know existed, & Ronaldo has done tat by reinventing football. B4 Barcelona had their false 9, @ ManU, with Carlos Tevez & Wayne Rooney, he was able 2 create a false front 3, with no fixed positions. He invented the 1st & only irresistible English team in the Champions League. His qualities, abv all, lead him 2 pursue the record books becos he is aware of the eternal return - the acceptance of fate. He knows his time is limited on the field as it is in life, & as such he is striving 2 provide a bridge fr human achievement, 2 something else entirely.

joew2005
11-04-2012, 06:03 PM
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1047696/pele:-lionel-messi-is-not-as-good-as-neymar?cc=4716

Pele: Messi not as good as Neymar
April 11, 2012

Brazil legend Pele has raised eyebrows by claiming Lionel Messi is not as good as Neymar.

Messi won the FIFA World Player of the Year award in 2009 & scooped the inaugural FIFA Ballon d'Or in 2010 & 2011.

He has thrust his form yet higher tis season & took his goals tally 4 the campaign to 61 in Barcelona's win over Getafe on Tuesday night.

The Argentina superstar has won a raft of club honours with Barca but has yet 2 deliver on the international stage. Tis has not halted comparisons betw Messi & 2 of the game's greats: Pele & Diego Maradona.

Pele, though, is of the opinion tat not only is Messi below the level of himself & Maradona, he is also convinced Messi has 2 raise his game in order 2 be as good as 20-year-old Santos 4ward Neymar.

"Now every1 is talking abt Messi; he is a star. But [2 be the best ever] he must 1st become better than Neymar," Pele said. "At the moment Messi is just more experienced."

joew2005
13-04-2012, 08:09 PM
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1048426/diego:-pele-'stupid'-to-rate-neymar-over-messi?cc=4716

Diego blasts Pele's Messi-Neymar claim
April 13, 2012

Argentina legend Diego Maradona has called Brazilian counterpart Pele "stupid" 4 suggesting tat Barcelona star Lionel Messi is not as good as Santos starlet Neymar.

"Maybe Neymar is the best player in the world, but only if u say tat Messi is fr a different planet," Maradona said.

Messi, 24, won the FIFA World Player of the Year award in 2009 & scooped the inaugural FIFA Ballon d'Or in 2010 & 2011, while rising-star Neymar, 20, landed FIFA's Puskas Award 4 the best goal of 2011.

Despite Messi's raft of trophies & personal awards, Pele believes his countryman Neymar, who has won the Brazilian league & Copa Libertadores with his old club Santos, is the better player.

"Now every1 is talking abt Messi; he is a star. But [2 be the best ever] he must 1st become better than Neymar," Pele said. "At the moment Messi is just more experienced."

However, Maradona, who has traded insults with Pele on more than a few occasions, laughed off the claims. "My God, tat is just stupid," Maradona said as he backed fellow Argentinian Messi.

hoosdathu
26-04-2012, 03:48 AM
this season ronaldo performed on big stage while messi hid in shadows :o

BikinisLover
01-05-2012, 01:51 PM
Humble vs haolian. Of course messi wins lah!!

not only haolian, but damn xialan and laolan too

joew2005
03-05-2012, 10:00 PM
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1061484/real-madrid-star-cristiano-ronaldo-revels-in-la-liga-success?cc=4716

Ronaldo revels in La Liga success
May 3, 2012

Cristiano Ronaldo was understandably delighted 2 win his 1st La Liga title with Real Madrid following their 3-0 victory over Athletic Bilbao on Wednesday evening.

Ronaldo missed an early penalty @ San Mames but he was later on the mark 2 add 2 goals fr Gonzalo Higuain & Mesut Ozil as Madrid ended Barcelona's 3-year reign as Spanish champions.

"It's great," Ronaldo told AS. "It's my 1st league here in Spain & I'm very happy. It's mission accomplished & 2 win the league is great.

"[The players] r all very happy becos it gives u alot of joy 2 win the league aft 10 months of battling. Winning the league is very difficult."

Barcelona's 4-1 win over Malaga earlier in the night meant Madrid had 2 win @ San Mames in the evening's late game 2 seal a record 32nd La Liga crown, & they did so comfortably despite Ronaldo's early spot-kick miss.

The Portugal international, who also missed fr 12 yards in last week's penalty shoot-out defeat 2 Bayern Munich in the Champions League semi-final, saw his attempted dink saved by Gorka Iraizoz in the 12th minute, but within 8 mins of tat miss Madrid were 2-0 up.

Higuain opened the scoring in the 16th minute with a superb 18-yard effort into the top corner, b4 Ozil doubled Madrid's advantage 4 mins later with a far-post finish fr Ronaldo's brilliant low cross.

Ronaldo got on the scoresheet himself 5 mins aft half-time when he headed home Ozil's corner 4 his 44th league goal of the campaign 2 all but end any hope of Europa League finalists Athletic getting back in2 the match.

"The season has been very long & tough," captain Iker Casillas said. "We've taken a little step forward with respect 2 last season. The big pity has been the Champions League. Hopefully we can do it next season."

"The coach is also a very important part in tis. We dedicate tis 2 all Madrid fans who wanted a league title. We hope 2 take another little step 4ward next year. It was difficult 2 beat a team like Barcelona we've done it.

"We still need 2 win the Champions League, but now we r going 2 enjoy tis."

Sergio Ramos also expressed his delight as the team head back 2 the Spanish capital 2 celebrate @ Cibeles.

"Congratulations 2 all Madrid fans. We r looking forward 2 getting 2 Cibeles 2 celebrate with every1. Madrid r deserving winners. It's my 3rd league & I'm very happy," he said.

IBCBen
09-05-2012, 07:13 PM
I prefer Messi, he more humble

Monsieur85
10-05-2012, 03:47 PM
C Ron is the best in the world because messi is from another planet.