PDA

View Full Version : Krabi Recommendations?

luohan
16-10-2004, 10:26 AM
Hi bros..
i will be going to krabi this nov... never been there b4...
any bros has any good recommendations?
is krabi a happening place?? guarantee to post FRs when i get back if i manage to get some fun over there...

AhMin
30-11-2004, 12:00 PM
Hi,
Hows was your Krabi Trip? Any FR or recommendations? I'll be going there next month. Pls advice.
Thanks.

sassina2
30-11-2004, 04:34 PM
Krabi is a "farang" Kind of Resort so the beach areas have a few beer bars catering for their tastes just like beer bars in Patong/Kata/Karon in Phuket, but not many. Krabi is quite upmarket too.

In Krabi Town, there are a few places catering for for local men and their needs so typically Karaoke / cafes or booking out joints. Ask your hotel concierge for the latest updates and information if you are staying in town. If you are on the beach, your concierge may not be very informative about the town but you can still ask the staff because most of them would come from the town areas.

In any case, Krabi town is very small and you can almost cover it in half an hour or at most an hour.

Should not be difficult to drive around and find what you want. Have not been there for a few years so I cannot give information as of now.

The best local food is by the river at night in town and its cheap and good cooked food from Thai Chinese to Thai Muslim. I love it too!

Usually, I go find a good stall that looks healthy and reasonable price and call my Thai friend on my mobile to order the food for me! That way, I get the food I want to eat at local prices too!

hosayboh
15-05-2006, 05:39 AM
I'm resurrecting this thread cos thinking of going Krabi for a change. Any kind souls out there familiar with this place pls advise.

1) What activities can be done there?
2) Where to stay? Like Ao Nang, Lanta, Railay or Town?
3) Is is a good time to go there now?

At the moment that all i can tink of.....Many thanks in advance!!

sassina2
20-05-2006, 12:12 PM
Am on the road and will post a short update.

1) Krabi is not a party town like Phuket is.

2) Puying are relatively expensive. 2500 to 3500 overnight. The 3 best places are a) RCA and b) Romeo c) Heaven Above all on the long Maharaj Road with Heaven above in the soi opposite Crazy Pub.

3) Whether to stay on the beach or in town depends on your preferences. If on the beach, make sure you have company or you will be flying your kite!

4) Which beach - again depends on your preferences, budget and what you like. There is enough tourist information from the internet search engines you can access. Don't be lazy ya.

The beaches and town and distances from each other is large. If you don't have wheels, it can be bothersome. I recommend to invest on wheels one way or another.

I usually stay in town and visit the beach during the day. Recommendations are the Krabi Royal hotel if you are on a budget and Krabi Meritime if you want better. Book via agents or internet to enjoy best rates.
The massage at the Royal is the best in town and there are some but very few girls that are attractive. Gotta go early before 5pm and book the lady out for rest of the day. They may prove to be the best option for your bed too! This a hot tip from the owner of Ibris Travel in the town who is a good resource of information about .......

On the beach, I there are many choices all depending on your budget. If you have money to spend, the best there I know is the Rayawadee Resort. That is exhorbitant but ............. Better make sure your GF is going to fuck you through the mattress before you spend good money there!
Phra Nang Inn's new Betelnut wing is another that I would recommend and it's significantly cheaper than the Rayawadee. Good location with access to main shops and places at Ao Phra Nang.

Have fun.

hosayboh
20-05-2006, 03:42 PM
Well done. I've been searching the web as well. Its really more of a destination to relax n chill with good company. Give up on the place liao, buay gam......hahaha......Thanks bro u really know Thailand well.