PDA

View Full Version : Chat Room

Updownscroll
12-01-2012, 08:42 AM
Hi All,

Recently I went into the Chat Room and had a great time chatting and learning during the period I was in there. Are there anyway of entering the chat room via iPhone?

Thanks in advance.

Big Sexy
12-01-2012, 09:59 AM
i stand to be correct.
the chatroom runs on Java..
unless your phone support java, otherwise u wont be able to use it..
Hi All,

Recently I went into the Chat Room and had a great time chatting and learning during the period I was in there. Are there anyway of entering the chat room via iPhone?

Thanks in advance.

sammyboyfor
12-01-2012, 10:26 AM
There is actually a mobile module that I can subscribe to that costs USD35 per year. This would enable to chat room to be accessed from any mobile device.

However, the chat room doesn't seem that popular. Even at peak hours, there are max 20 to 25 users logged on at any one time and I'm not sure how many more I would get from mobile users trying to chat from a tiny touchscreen keypad.

I'm not sure it's worth the money.

whiteangelcsh
12-01-2012, 07:00 PM
Do a poll. I'm sure there are bound to be users who would like to chat on mobile (agree though on the uncertain increase, if any, on the users).

husky_hush
16-01-2012, 12:49 AM
There is actually a mobile module that I can subscribe to that costs USD35 per year. This would enable to chat room to be accessed from any mobile device.

However, the chat room doesn't seem that popular. Even at peak hours, there are max 20 to 25 users logged on at any one time and I'm not sure how many more I would get from mobile users trying to chat from a tiny touchscreen keypad.

I'm not sure it's worth the money.

hmm..... as far as i remember the most people we have in chat-room is about 30 ..........no more than that........ ..

dun think will attract more people as sometime we just "parking" inside only

2centsworth
02-02-2012, 03:45 PM
Hi Sam,

May I ask about the chatroom changes?

1. How are people selected as administrators? What is the role of an adminstrator?

2. The new functions like kicking and silencing are causing chaos in the chatroom. People with 'user' status gets unfairly silenced and kicked. I was in the chatroom just now and around 10 'user' were slienced and kicked out. We didn't even know which administrator was responsible.

3. How do we change the topic for the chatroom?

4. How do we create private chatrooms?

It just doesn't make sense that you spend time and money to build a chatroom module only for real users to get discouraged from using it because they get unfairly silenced and kicked.

sammyboyfor
02-02-2012, 04:28 PM
Hi Sam,

May I ask about the chatroom changes?

1. How are people selected as administrators? What is the role of an adminstrator?

Only moderated users can get kicked out.

All unmoderated users have admin status.

husky_hush
02-02-2012, 06:56 PM
2. The new functions like kicking and silencing are causing chaos in the chatroom. People with 'user' status gets unfairly silenced and kicked. I was in the chatroom just now and around 10 'user' were slienced and kicked out. We didn't even know which administrator was responsible.

The kick and silent function is good when those spammer come in................... when u see it before how they spam on chatroom then u should know why we need this function :D .........

husky_hush
02-02-2012, 06:58 PM
but i do agree we should shown who did what on who (on the kick and silent thingy)............ is tat possible? boss......

2centsworth
02-02-2012, 10:00 PM
The kick and silent function is good when those spammer come in.....................

I do know what you mean. It's just that the spammers can easily post 10 messages to get out of moderation and then start to spam the main of the chatroom. We used to be able to ignore the spammer and limit the damage the spammer can cause. Now the spammer can silence and kick those still in moderation.

Sam, thanks for explaining.

sammyboyfor
03-02-2012, 05:21 AM
I do know what you mean. It's just that the spammers can easily post 10 messages to get out of moderation and then start to spam the main of the chatroom. We used to be able to ignore the spammer and limit the damage the spammer can cause. Now the spammer can silence and kick those still in moderation.

Sam, thanks for explaining.

10 messages won't get the spammer out of moderation. It takes more than that.

If someone causes a lot of trouble and is in the unmoderated category, all you have to do is zap the person to negative and he will end up in moderation and will no longer have admin status.

Work For Pussy
03-02-2012, 07:02 PM
Thats interesting to know... I was wondering why I am always in moderation status now I know LOL :D

meepok
07-02-2012, 08:55 AM
hi guys ~ seems everything back to b4 the change to admin and user thing oredi.... :D

just logged in ~ cannot see other people's ip liao ~ red man become blue man liao ~ cannot play with topic liao....

the good news ~ those who like the old format will like it

the bad news ~ clones cant be spotted liao & spammers wont be able to be kicked and silenced :D:D

sammyboyfor
07-02-2012, 10:02 AM
the bad news ~ clones cant be spotted liao & spammers wont be able to be kicked and silenced :D:D

Those who are still in moderation can't log in anymore so there shouldn't be too many of those around.

meepok
07-02-2012, 06:38 PM
Those who are still in moderation can't log in anymore so there shouldn't be too many of those around.

thanks boss.... haiz....

so cannot sianz all those meekia mee suah mee tai bak mee soto mei mei liao in the chatroom.... :D

nymphomaniac
07-02-2012, 09:36 PM
oei noodleman, talking about auntie ah? yah, auntie still under mod, no more going into chatroom to sianz small boys for noodle liao :P

eternally
09-02-2012, 12:41 AM
oei noodleman, talking about auntie ah? yah, auntie still under mod, no more going into chatroom to sianz small boys for noodle liao :P

hey nymphomaniac, long time no chat..how r u? i also hardly go in chatroom these days. But today i want to go in, keep prompting me invalid username & password..:rolleyes:

ah ha...i knw y liao...1 wk no log in then now cant chat liao...hahaha cant chat with many others too..

sammyboyfor
09-02-2012, 03:15 AM
hey nymphomaniac, long time no chat..how r u? i also hardly go in chatroom these days. But today i want to go in, keep prompting me invalid username & password..:rolleyes:

ah ha...i knw y liao...1 wk no log in then now cant chat liao...hahaha cant chat with many others too..

You're under moderation so you can't get in anymore.

husky_hush
09-02-2012, 09:18 PM

wujit running loose inside there tat y :P .............
too many spamming by he..................

husky_hush
09-02-2012, 09:19 PM

u still wan the law firm details??? clear ur inbox........... i cannot send through it..........

eternally
10-02-2012, 12:06 AM
You're under moderation so you can't get in anymore.

ok this will be our temporary chatroom for those under moderation haha

eternally
12-02-2012, 01:44 AM
hmm now even those under moderation can come in liao :eek:

all hell going to break loose again

haiz.... rules keep changing... machiam like Malaysia .....

:D:D

oei dun like that la..me 1 of those under moderation.