PDA

View Full Version : Defination of Senior Samster

Malaysian Datuk
13-07-2005, 01:03 PM
With the recent hooha, I like to poll the bros opinion on what are the bros ideas of a Senior Samster. Also like to widen the discussion to whether it makes any difference to be a Senior Samster. The way I see it now, many of us treat our rep pts as a matter of live and death. Cyber reputation so important?

daryl76
13-07-2005, 01:25 PM
bravo datuk with coming up with this... to me, should be points lah, not the date... haha cos i wont get myself involved if it comes with the dates... to me, the rep points is oso a game only, alot of real life problems for me oredi... :(

bhoven
13-07-2005, 01:25 PM
With the recent hooha, I like to poll the bros opinion on what are the bros ideas of a Senior Samster. Also like to widen the discussion to whether it makes any difference to be a Senior Samster. The way I see it now, many of us treat our rep pts as a matter of live and death. Cyber reputation so important?

I would consider someone a senior samster if he is willing to :

1) share the benefit of his experience in coping with relationship issues with WL/FL vis-a-vis family
2) advise on sexual health matters which he has knowledge of, or can point appropriate sources for same
3) share contacts for value bonks with trusted samsters
4) post objective FRs
5) share media content of a sexual nature with other samsters

and generally participate unselfishly in forum discussions ( where he has a strong viewpoint ) without fear or favour and using civilised language

Unfortunately I think the above can only be gleaned by looking at his past posts. Here, it is quality and not quantity which counts. The reputation points score and vintage of membership is but a weak proxy for "seniority".

Just my three cents worth....

imom
13-07-2005, 01:28 PM
I think it's a combination of date joined, number of AND quality of posts. Rep points/power have nothing to do with it. High rep points/power do not necessarily mean one is 'senior' as there are alternative ways (besides having joined early) to gain them. There are those who have high rep points but do not behave like wise old seniors. And then there are those with low rep points who are consummate gentlemen.

Anyway, I still do not understand the obsession with rep points/power, seniority and such. We're here to share info (primarily anyway). As long as the info is accurate and one does not promote or attempt to glorify unsafe practices, live and let live. If someone wants to treat rep points as a matter of life and death, it's their prerogative too. I read, I post my FRs and hope they are accurate. If people want to give me points, fine. If not, so be it. I have a good, colourful life outside of the forum and 'seniority' in this forum means squat out there.

Malaysian Datuk
13-07-2005, 01:29 PM
bravo datuk with coming up with this... to me, should be points lah, not the date... haha cos i wont get myself involved if it comes with the dates... to me, the rep points is oso a game only, alot of real life problems for me oredi... :(
I got the inspiration from bro newbadass' signature...... :D

daryl76
13-07-2005, 01:29 PM
I think it's a combination of date joined, number of AND quality of posts. Rep points/power have nothing to do with it. High rep points/power do not necessarily mean one is 'senior' as there are alternative ways (besides having joined early) to gain them. There are those who have high rep points but do not behave like wise old seniors.

oh no... didnt know abt it, shucks... can i change my vote or not???? :eek:

Malaysian Datuk
13-07-2005, 01:34 PM
Anyway, I still do not understand the obsession with rep points/power, seniority and such. We're here to share info (primarily anyway). Here, it is quality and not quantity which counts. The reputation points score and vintage of membership is but a weak proxy for "seniority".

Agreed bros but kudos to SAM for inventing this points system.....making alot of bros obsessed with accumulating these intangible point :)

imom
13-07-2005, 02:12 PM
....so who wins? Sam of course! :rolleyes:

Why should we expect Sam to design less than anything that would make people contribute to his forum? He (with some others) started this thing and it's natural for him to think of ways and means to make it a success (and reap the benefits). It's his prerogative.

Similarly, it's our choice what we want to post. I can only begin to fathom why some would let their material be used in certain ways. For a reputation in cyberspace? :rolleyes:

shadowlunar04
13-07-2005, 04:17 PM
In my opinion, a senior samster (aka Lau Jiao) is a bro/sis who is able to provide proper guidances and advices to other samsters and newbies, as and when needed. Seniority is earned through the respect of other samsters, not from rep pts, power, date joined, or whatsoever.

newbadass
13-07-2005, 04:50 PM
I got the inspiration from bro newbadass' signature......

Wah...! Sabo, ah.... :p
I am willing to consider someone a senior Samster if he is using a walking stick and his cock cannot erect more than 2 minutes.

But seriously...

Amount of experience cannot necessarily determine anything. Some Samsters can have a lot of experience but go through their chionging life making the same damn mistake over and over again... while some others just need to be bitten once. :D

waypastprime
13-07-2005, 05:06 PM
It's a taboo to speak who's lao jiao who's not. Why not leave it the way it is? :)

Luckily, I'm a newbie. So I dont forsee myself vying for the top spot. :p

Rof|maoxz
13-07-2005, 05:12 PM

Bro, base on your poll on senior samster, then I term date of joining as a guide. You can be a yr 2004 samster with 500 rep pts and 3 rep power but he's not consider a senior due to his join date. I only classified this samster as "well-liked samster". Any samster whom joined more then 2 years should be consider lau jiao. But again some bros may disagree with my statement bcos I have met some bros who is much younger den me who have joined in yr 2001.

newbadass
13-07-2005, 05:20 PM
But again some bros may disagree with my statement bcos I have met some bros who is much younger den me who have joined in yr 2001.

Join date not very accurate leh...

I have lurked on this forum since 2002, reading FRs and trying them out. Finally in late 2004 I registered and started contributing some half-fucked FRs.... that makes me very lao jiao meh? :D

Tai_zi21
13-07-2005, 06:55 PM
Or maybe i should ask this ques...

In ur mind of view who u think is consider the senior samster of SB!

My 1st vote will goes to
1)DNAT

:)

bongster
13-07-2005, 07:20 PM
Does a person who join in 2002 wif a Rep point of 7

AND HAS HIV AND IS FUCKING ARD RAW TRYING TO INFECT EVERYONE CONSIDERED A SENOIR SAMSTER???

:D

Bomb
13-07-2005, 08:42 PM

AND HAS HIV AND IS FUCKING ARD RAW TRYING TO INFECT EVERYONE CONSIDERED A SENOIR SAMSTER???

:D

Ah bong....
Simi tai ji?
:confused:

bongster
13-07-2005, 08:53 PM
Nuthing lar... just give example.. u hoseh bo?

Malaysian Datuk
13-07-2005, 09:05 PM
Amount of experience cannot necessarily determine anything. Some Samsters can have a lot of experience but go through their chionging life making the same damn mistake over and over again... while some others just need to be bitten once. :Dreminds me of another bro's signature...."a smart man learns from his mistakes, a smarter man learns from others' mistakes" or something like that....cheers!

dickrick
15-07-2005, 10:48 PM
I suppose it's like working life... those that have been around the longest don't necessarily contribute the most quality. The rep points are a good guide because it suggests a fair number of people approve of what you write. Number of posts isn't a very good guide as quality rather than quantity is what people are interested in. My two cents worth.

Rof|maoxz
16-07-2005, 04:54 PM

To me, he is a irresponsible samster!!! :cool:

popiah
16-07-2005, 05:16 PM
Hi SIR, Malaysian datuk

Senior means "C NEAR" (in hokkien = die near = die faster) :D

can we extract out the senior wording and replace with "RESPECTABLE" SAMSTER.

signoff
Respectable Popiah

Optimus_Prime
16-07-2005, 05:39 PM

Just my 2 cents worth...

Senior Samster to me is not their rep pts or rep power... neither is it their number of posts.... It is how they conduct themselves. In a true gentlemen manner. And also those who are always willing to lend a listening ear or advise to other samsters here.

Is Cyber reputation important??... to be truthful... in a way it matters to everyone when what they say are heard and are given necessary respect to the views they share... whether they be in the REAL world or the CYBER one....

JWNY
08-03-2007, 12:18 AM
Wah..this poll still active man...:p

JWNY

justl00king
08-03-2007, 01:39 AM
IMHO..A senior samster should be someone who have reached retirement age currently at age 55 and later till age 62. :D

So any samster bro age 55 and above should be termed as a senior samster. :D

Castrol
08-03-2007, 02:14 PM
So any samster bro age 55 and above should be termed as a senior samster. :D

wow! i will be a rich senior samster in around 2027 becos of my cpf! :D

Looksee
08-03-2007, 02:29 PM
wow! i will be a rich senior samster in around 2027 becos of my cpf! :D

when u r rich and old.....u r a old gentleman....

when u r poor and old......u r a old man......

S3vw
08-03-2007, 02:34 PM
when u r rich and old.....u r a old gentleman....

when u r poor and old......u r a old man......

wrong is a poor old man...:p

yinyang
08-03-2007, 02:58 PM
..combination of date joined, number of AND quality of posts. ..High rep points/power do not necessarily mean one is 'senior' as there are alternative ways.. ...who have high rep points but do not behave like wise old seniors. And then there are those with low rep points who are consummate gentlemen. .good,colourful life outside of the forum ... 'seniority' in this forum means squat out there.
Label "senior" can mean diff things to diff ppl. For some, this is a (virtual?) ego trip outside real life. :p

But take your point on combo of "tell-tale" signs, especially weighted on SENSIBLE posts. As for pts, no system is infallible. Reality is, this is motivational for many bros. And we all know this is being circumvented..:D

youngerica
08-03-2007, 05:00 PM
IMHO..A senior samster should be someone who have reached retirement age currently at age 55 and later till age 62.

So any samster bro age 55 and above should be termed as a senior samster.

I agree! so all the ah peks in sbf pls fall in

BARIS SEDIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIAAAAAAA !!!!!!!! :D

LSB_Fan
09-03-2007, 01:13 AM
I think a Senior Samster should be judged by his contribution to the members of the community. This does not just mean sharing, but also advice and others. This does not mean he has to answer every query directed at him, but it does mean that he is not afraid of telling it as it is.

WRX_STI
16-08-2007, 06:35 PM
IMHO..A senior samster should be someone who have reached retirement age currently at age 55 and later till age 62. :D

So any samster bro age 55 and above should be termed as a senior samster. :D so take cpf tose kind lah?

Wolf Lord
17-08-2007, 09:11 PM

Hahaha cannot argue with that!

Divine Dragon
18-08-2007, 09:29 PM
I would choose the content of posts. Also would include his contributions to the forum.