Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1 / Power: 0
darksidelol is Cool - loads of Potential
Re: need help verifying!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEAJ View Post
This is a well known scam originally from Taiwan but have also been exported to other Asian countries including Hong Kong.

It always start with web sites/WeChat, QQ, MoMo etc posting of a very attractive girl (all fake pictures) offering herself at somewhat lower than market pricing. Then, "She" will lure you to some public place to meet up and then OVER THE PHONE, insist that you go to a nearby 7-11 or ?? to buy a game card for just part of the fee discussed (supposedly to show her that you are sincere etc); this is to lull you into a sense of complacency as its not for the full fee, but yet its still quite a substantial amount to make the scam worthwhile to the perpetrator.

She will then insist you transmit a picture of the game card with all the details over your mobile and they will right away debit this amount. Then the fun and games start as they've now got you on the hook. There will be more demands for further card purchases and if this doesn't work, a "Heavy" will get in on the act by pretending to either be the LE or a gangster who will express his outrage that you dare to approach "His Girl" for such an arrangement. He will demand extortionate amounts to satisfy him and that he knows who you are as he has seen you at the place you are now at, has your telephone number and that he has the contacts etc to know who you are, your family, your job etc etc.

There's several variations to this scam but it all starts with offers by a supposedly very attractive girl at somewhat lower rates than standard. If it seems too good to be true, it IS and scammers always target the greed (and in this case, horniness!!) of their victims.

Just what I learned.

SEAJ
Thanks seaj for the info. But some of the girl tell me they accept cash payment after session, are those also scam?