View Single Post
Old 09-01-2016, 08:38 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 266 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1740 / Power: 12
nono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant future
Re: Batam Info Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by john.valdric View Post
Bro nono. i'm sorry if this has been explained before, regarding Kaha. Here's some of the things i would like to clarify.

1. Let's say i have booked a room via Booking.com or AsiaTravel.com which i have paid up front, can i still use KAHA voucher?
Nope,not at all. It doesnt work that way.

Read on...

Quote:
2. Correct me if i'm wrong, i assume this is how KAHA works. For example:

KAHA Voucher - RP 50K
Original Room Price - RP 850K
KAHA Room Price - RP 500K

So i save 300K. By purchasing the KAHA voucher for RP 50K at KAHA Counter. Then goto Hotel and give them my Booking.com reservation. Then tell them i have KAHA Voucher. Then they will re-calculate again by including the KAHA discount in the my Booking.com reservation.
Kaha voucher dont work the way you says above either.

Kaha voucher isnt a $$$ voucher. Its like a whole room ticket you paid to a travel agent called Kaha Travel. Just like you paid to booking.com or agoda,you already paid for the room,no rebates or further discount will be taken into consideration thereafter.

Buying voucher from Kaha and booking from online is the same thing,just that Kaha called it voucher. In online booking term,you book from agoda or booking.com a room for a night or 2. In physically walk-in term,you walk in to Kaha to buy a room to use for a night (or 2).

Here's something simpler for your reference :

Example,you booked a night for XXX hotel from online for a night.

What other ways can you get a room from XXX hotel for a night other then walk in to the itself? Here's 3 below :

Way number 1 : Book online from your computer via internet. Eg,booking.com or agoda.com etc

Way number 2 : Walk inside the hotel itself

Way number 3 : Walk in to Kaha Travel agency to buy a room for a night

Kaha Travel (or An Shun Travel) will the next alternative way where you walk in to their travel agent to buy a room for a night.

Compare the 3 ways above and see which is the cheapest of them all before making any physical payment. Becos once payment is done,refund will be near impossible. Illustration of price below :

Online cost : S$60

Walk in to hotel cost : S$65

Kaha Travel cost : S$50

Now,my question/s..where will you be likely getting your XXX hotel room from?

1. From online booking?

2. Walk in to XXX Hotel?

3. Walk in to Kaha Travel?

Cheers!

Quote:
By the way, i'm getting around RP 500K for Biz Hotel. Do you know how much we can get cheaper via KAHA?

Hope that's not too much of hassle for your guidance. Thank you in advance.
My answer to your Biz Hotel question as below quoted from my past summary :

Note : Kaha is NOT always cheaper. I often encourage others to compare prices. The good about Kaha is their prices were usually fixed and not affected by season,whether if its peak or non-peak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nono1973 View Post
The next hotel i checked out is Biz Hotel...

Biz Hotel Batam

Superior Room : 400k/night (do not mix this with the economy room,its cheaper)

Deluxe Room : 525k/night

Junior Suite : 670k/night

I remember Biz Hotel also have an executive suite too,but i wasnt exactly very interested. Anyway,for those who use this info,PLEASE DO NOT FORGET to check the website prices before committing yourself to Kaha. They are not always the cheapest (i just checked).

So much for Hotel room price recce from Kaha Travel.

Basic Batam Info in One Link

Avoid quoting the whole post if you are replying to me in the thread

信言不美,美言不信。
善者不辩,辩者不善。
知者不博,博者不知。
圣人不积,既以为人己愈有,既以与人己愈多。
天之道,利而不害。
圣人之道,为而不争。

My December 2019 Batam Trip Info