View Single Post
Old 10-01-2016, 09:46 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 564 / Power: 11
iicycold is a name known to alliicycold is a name known to alliicycold is a name known to alliicycold is a name known to alliicycold is a name known to alliicycold is a name known to all
Re: Batam Info Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by nono1973 View Post
Since day 1 when i come to this thread,i notice a handful did the same wilful things like the Monkey God (or Monkey King) character does at the beginning of the Journey to the West Story who was later punished to be pinned under the five-finger mountains. And even at the point of punishment,the Monkey God shows no remorse,doing the ONLY THING the Great Buddha didnt barred him from doing,thats to allow him his FREEDOM to speak (and express) which he uses most of that to curse and swear for the next 500 years at the bottom of a lonely corner under the five-finger mountains. He has chosen not to look at his own "reflection" becos he couldnt find himself "in any form of wrongdoing". The "Monkey Gods" simply couldnt care less (even when punished).

Today,many of us would walk the errand way of the Monkey God (or Monkey King) before he achieve enlightenment and tends to made up excuses that we are afterall human beings ;and most of us dont exactly have more than 500 years to repent (and learn). This cycle just go on and on and on...and there seems like no solution to it if one keeps giving themselves excuses.

I vividly remembers the Monkey God in the story shouted,"No one teaches me!!". 500 years later,a mortal monk directed by the Guan Yin Goddess walked pass the Five-finger mountain....

And the story continues.
I oso reply to u & ONLY u. So post is meant for u.

Look like this time of the year i should go visit Sekupang :

https://sbfsg.shop/showpost.p...ostcount=32906

U knw why????

The year of the MONKEYS is approaching!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nono1973 View Post
Side notes to no one :

From one of the very old time story,Journey to the West,the Monkey God character in it complained for 500 years after being "put down" at the bottom of the Five-finger mountains by Buddha,that HOW is he going to repent when nobody shows him the "right path" to take? "No one teaches me!!" he shouted during his entrapment.

The Monkey God was released 500 years later by a mortal monk who later becomes his teacher and in his journey to the west finally learned to be more patient and humbly listen when someone showed him the "path". And it is in his journey (thru experience) that teaches him how to gauge which is the "correct path" to take whenever he was caught in a cross road junction (thats when many people or situation shows him different paths). It is his own action and decision that finally leads him to the paths he is destined to walk.

Just a thought...