View Single Post
Old 09-04-2016, 12:04 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1497 / Power: 19
rugalsc has much to be proud ofrugalsc has much to be proud ofrugalsc has much to be proud ofrugalsc has much to be proud ofrugalsc has much to be proud ofrugalsc has much to be proud ofrugalsc has much to be proud ofrugalsc has much to be proud ofrugalsc has much to be proud ofrugalsc has much to be proud of
Re: HIV screening info

Quote:
Originally Posted by datamini View Post
I want to share my experience of HIV screening at Dr Tan & partners recently.

It was my first test. I have been visiting FLs for many years but being young and stupid then, i never thought of getting myself tested. After an overnight session with a FL in Indonesia early this year, the "fear" suddenly hit me and I stopped visiting FLs, limiting myself only to dirty massage. I stopped having sex with my wife after the Indonesian trip, afraid that I might pass something to her.

I trawled this forum and found out about Dr Tan and I waited for more than 6 months (super kiasu) and plucked my courage to go. The whole feeling was very scary as I feared for the worst.

I reached Dr Tan on a weekday afternoon and asked for the "3-step" test. The assistant there then passed me a clipboard to answer 6 simple questions. No IC needed, nothing. A #registration number was given to me. It was awkward as there were 3 FEMALE assistants. I felt their eyes on me as i sat waiting for the doctor.

Within a min, i was asked into the room and to my horror, it was a young female doctor (very pretty somemore). She was very professional. She confirmed my #registration number and asked when was my last exposure before deciding on the type of test to do. Everything was a blur. I only remembered my hand was trembling when she did a simple finger prick to draw a drop of blood for the test. It was not painful. I was informed to return 15 minutes later.

I walked around the robertson quay area, the thoughts of getting a "positive" overwhelming me. It suddenly became quite real.

After 15 mins, i returned to the doctor's office and she had this "look" on her face, the kind of look someone has when thinking of how to break a bad news to another person. I thought "siao liao, die"......

I sat down, and she confirmed my #registration number and said, "The test result is out. It is negative". She smiled.

"Is that all?" I asked.

"Yes, that's all."

Everything was giddy at that moment. I couldn't believe what i heard. I doubted what I heard. When I settled down at Liang Court for a meal, I googled about HIV testing. All information says that if you are tested positive, you will be asked to do a second round of test for further confirmation. The doctor did not ask me for a second round of testing.... so... I am negative....

The feeling was surreal. I couldn't believe that after so many sexual encounters with FLs, I survived. I survived. I was given a second chance.
I told myself, never again am I going to visit a FL ever again.
You visited freelancers and prostitutes from Indonesia. What you did were high risk and you deserve it if you got HIV. Stick to the legal prostitutes at Geylang and you are almost close to 99% safe. Legal prostitutes are required by law to go for monthly check-ups! They are cleaner than you!
L18H10 #08, L18H40 #05, WH14 #01
L8H66E #83 (Jiajia), #28 (Meilin), #66 (Lulu), #99, #81 (Feifei)