Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 22 / Power: 0
vargen deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy
Re: Re-location advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by smile_santa View Post
Hi bros,

I noticed in this forum have many lao jiao cheongsters and some of you guys are Singaporeans working/residing in Thailand. It's my lifelong dream to relocate there eventually (Singapore too expensive and boring).

Question is, how much do I need to be making a month to live decently there if i were to secure a job there? (have a decent condo, no need car because BKK traffic is terrible and taxis are cheap, and can support a family)

Also, if i were to retire there eventually? what are the essentials I would need to look out for? like how much cash reserves should i need if I'm no longer working with an additional life expectancy of 25 years ?

Thanks in advance!
Hi

I've just took up a job with a thai public company and moved here since 3months ago. Still trying to adjust to living here thus couldn't offer more detailed advice which i am sure the rest of seniors could. So i would rather talk about my own experience here.

I am on first batch of expats employed by this company, though on expat payscale, still i gotta take a paycut of 20% from my sg job. As for gauging, my assistants with bachelor degree and 5-7yrs of work experience are drawing 22-25k monthly salary. I am not sure about property price as my accommodation is provided, but i guess a studio apartment (>40m2) rental near bts at central area goes for min 25-30k monthly. Anything lesser than that will be further places like udomsuk or punnawithi. Food price are quite reasonably cheap unless for restaurant, e.g. zhap cai png or noodle lunch at foodcourt in my office block cost about 40-50baht. Workwise i have experience much difficulties as i can only speak conversational thai and most of documents and stuff are still in thai. And importantly, anyone moving here have to adjust their mentality at work especially kan jiong spider type as i find generally they have lower sense of urgency towards work issue. I haven't been partying or drinking much here as i don't have much friends here yet. Lao jiaos here please correct me if i mentioned any wrong info above.

Cheers