Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 172 / Power: 21
qbdp is a Helpful and Caring Samsterqbdp is a Helpful and Caring Samster
Re: Tottenham Hotspur - the Pride of London

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castrol View Post
i am sure you are as shocked with the final score as i am bro. wenger may have lost the plot but he got back a plantation.
Earlier in the day, there was more controversy at the Emirates Stadium where referee Graham Poll took centre stage as two disputed penalties helped Arsenal beat Spurs in the first north London derby at their new ground.

Arsenal led through a composed finish by Emmanuel Adebayor, although there was an element of offside, before Pascal Chimbonda was then harshly adjudged to have brought down Tomas Rosicky when he clearly touched the ball before the man.

Gilberto converted the spot kick, much to the dismay of Martin Jol, and the Brazilian got another from the spot when Jermaine Jenas brought down Robin van Persie, but only after the Dutchman had handled.

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger said: "We played with spirit, character, determination and good organisation against a good Tottenham team. The team are inspired by their ambition and they were disappointed by our last two results. We realised that, as a team, we have to give more.

"The two penalties looked to be penalties to me but it happens that you don't get them in some games." (Wenger's hint of admission his side was lucky?)

Spurs boss Martin Jol was diplomatic despite the disappointment of key decisions going against his side. "You can talk about the decisions and they probably did cost us goals, but I would be embarrassed to talk about them too much. We did not lose because of them.

"We saw that Thierry Henry was not playing and we knew Arsenal had lost recent games. We sensed this was an opportunity, so we are disappointed."

http://www.givemefootball.com/displa...le=9468&type=1