View Single Post
Old 05-01-2007, 03:54 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 488 / Power: 20
Castrol is a glorious beacon of lightCastrol is a glorious beacon of lightCastrol is a glorious beacon of lightCastrol is a glorious beacon of lightCastrol is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Tottenham Hotspur - the Pride of London

Quote:
Originally Posted by putrawk View Post
Well Castrol, too much for us signing Phillipe Mexes. Aparently, Chelsea also wants him which will make it difficult. But then again, Chelsea is always being linked to almost every player who has two feet! I would say, this January, we shouldnt spend a lot as the team is just beginning to show momentum. The compulsory buy would have to be a left midfielder.
bro you really know the names of up and coming players. i have never watched jones, pique or kompany play before. i also just read about chelsea's interest in mexes from the papers. since chelsea always gets their man, i would propose another solid defender - cris from lyon. the bald one is second to none in the air and his fiery temper can wake the entire spurs team up when the sail aint smooth. lets speak to jol about him.

talk about a good left sider, you remember stephane dalmat? he was on loan to spurs in 2003 from inter milan. he operated on both left and right wings for spurs with great pace and dribbling skills. i watched him play for bordeaux recently on tv, he's still very quick and creative, dominating the left flank.

spurs shipped him back to inter when he got into a fight or something during training one day. i was sad to see him go, everytime he played, spurs looked good on the attack.

wikipedia on dalmat

Two-and-a-half seasons of frustration at Inter Milan were followed by a loan move to Tottenham Hotspur for the rest of the 2003-04 season, for what looked like an ideal replacement for Christian Ziege. The playmaker’s fortunes did not get much better at White Hart Lane where, despite winning over the Spurs fans with some dynamic performances, he did not win over the confidence of then Coach David Pleat.

His debut for Spurs came on 13 September 2003 as a substitute in a 4-2 defeat at Chelsea. However, in true Tottenham tradition, he was injured for most of the season, but had impressed in a left midfield role before his injury.

Dalmat's performances in the first three months of the 2004/05 season were those of a man desperate to prove a point. To this day many still say that Dalmat wasn't given a fair chance at Spurs where he played outstandingly well in most games he played in but was often very unpredictable on the pitch, even to his own team-mates.