View Single Post
Old 07-06-2021, 08:29 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 248 / Power: 4
sexmeister69 is a Helpful and Caring Samstersexmeister69 is a Helpful and Caring Samstersexmeister69 is a Helpful and Caring Samster
Re: Conversing across different languages

communication is really important and while grewing up i mostly is jiak kantang (eat too much potatoes, aka english ed). i only started picking up mandarin when i was in poly and glad i did cause have no problems speaking to PRC MLs/FLs.

however my challenge came when i started adding them on WeChat and will be required to text them in simplified chinese to make appointments and also chat about daily stuffs just to bring the gaps closer to them, the good thing was that now phones are well equipped with chinese keyboards and i can search for the words to use using hanyu pinyin, but sometimes i just ignore the verbs and nouns and wrong use of words although the pronunciation sounds the same, but the MLs are cute too as they will use these texts to joke with me and these creates stronger chemistry.

recently i handed a bday card to an ML and i wrote a chinese poem extracted online and it included one of her chinese name characters and the ML was quite impressed because she knows my china is limited, she gave me A* for my effort (machiam like write feedback for carousell) and promised me that during my next visit she has a surpise for me.