View Single Post
Old 05-07-2007, 03:36 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 2995 / Power: 18
tomvoyeur has a reputation beyond reputetomvoyeur has a reputation beyond reputetomvoyeur has a reputation beyond reputetomvoyeur has a reputation beyond reputetomvoyeur has a reputation beyond reputetomvoyeur has a reputation beyond reputetomvoyeur has a reputation beyond reputetomvoyeur has a reputation beyond reputetomvoyeur has a reputation beyond reputetomvoyeur has a reputation beyond reputetomvoyeur has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Toffee Chatroom - Everton FC

BLUES SIGN JAGIELKA

Everton have finally secured the services of Phil Jagielka from Sheffield United in a £4million deal.

Jagielka, 24-years old, has been a long-term target of David Moyes but the ongoing controversy involving The Blades, West Ham United and the Premier League was a stumbling block.

However, the Everton manager’s patience was rewarded on Wednesday afternoon when the England B international finally put pen to paper on a five-year deal.

Jagielka played in every one of United’s Premier League games last season, scoring four goals, and he was often the reason that Neil Warnock opted not to select a reserve goalkeeper on the bench...his versatility even extends to being adept between the sticks!

Having finally completed the deal, he now can’t wait to get started.

“I am definitely looking forward to running out at Goodison,” he said

“When I played here last season the fans were fantastic and hopefully I will get to run out sooner rather than later.”

The player known as ‘Jags’ added that the perseverance and sheer enthusiasm of David Moyes was a big pulling factor in his decision to leave Sheffield.

“The manager was keen to sign me and that is always a nice sign,” he said. “He has done fantastically well here and it is a fantastic club.

“Being in Europe, where we belong, and his pull to bring me here were massive reasons.”

Part of the deal may well include a switch to Yorkshire for Gary Naysmith. The Scottish defender has been given permission to meet with Sheffield United and discuss a possible move to Bramall Lane.

Last edited by tomvoyeur; 05-07-2007 at 03:42 AM. Reason: Hooray!!