View Single Post
Old 13-02-2023, 12:35 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 620 / Power: 11
DoctorTan is a name known to allDoctorTan is a name known to allDoctorTan is a name known to allDoctorTan is a name known to allDoctorTan is a name known to allDoctorTan is a name known to all
Re: Sexual Performance Anxiety

Completely agree that over-prescription and polypharmacy are a big problem in today's practice of medicine

Also completely agree that many medicines especially medicines to treat mental health have ED and low libido as a side effect

For patients who really need pharmacotherapy I tend to favor Agomelatine which has fewer sexual function side effects

That said, from your description of your symptoms "Hear ringing noise, irrational fear that everybody wanna harm me" it sounds to me that you may not have just straight forward anxiety. It sounds to me like you may be suffering from early psychosis. So I think it is very important that you continue to see your mental health professional. Have a frank discussion with him/her about your sexual health concerns and try to find a way to improve this without adversely affecting the management of your mental health.

Because uncontrolled psychosis is a very slippery slope and can have rather unthinkable consequences