Thread: Economics of GL
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2024, 09:17 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1599 / Power: 23
nedy77 has a brilliant futurenedy77 has a brilliant futurenedy77 has a brilliant futurenedy77 has a brilliant futurenedy77 has a brilliant futurenedy77 has a brilliant futurenedy77 has a brilliant futurenedy77 has a brilliant futurenedy77 has a brilliant futurenedy77 has a brilliant futurenedy77 has a brilliant future
Re: Economics of GL

Quote:
Originally Posted by marklp1 View Post
Hi. This thread is out of curiosity. I’m wondering how much does each girl earn per customer. Is it 50% of total paid?

I also want to tip some girls and know how much is a good tip and not insulting for her.

let's not let tipping culture spoil the Geylang scene (like the F&B industry in America).

if tips become a normal practice in Geylang, instead of seeing it as a bonus, the girls will expect a tip even if their service is below average.
The house might increase their share of the total paid because they know the girls can get tips.

in america, some food deliveryman refuse to take up orders that pay little or no tips.
restaurant service staff doesn't border to give their best because they know they will get tips anyway.
restaurant also pay very low basic salary and relay on the tips to make up for the bulk of the staff's salary