View Single Post
Old 28-04-2024, 11:34 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 102 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 475 / Power: 13
Setzer is a glorious beacon of lightSetzer is a glorious beacon of lightSetzer is a glorious beacon of lightSetzer is a glorious beacon of lightSetzer is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Jakarta Info thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Love Boobs View Post
Still, I would be cautious.
Jakarta in general is not safe, especially for Singaporean sua ku's who are not street-wise and cannot speak Bahasa.
Just be careful guys!

Up my points if you found this useful...
Upz you.... Basically depends on which area u will be in. If you stick to the touristy/shopping areas (thamrin/kuningan/PIK), I think it's pretty much safe like singapore.

But if one were to venture to poorer areas, then better exercise all the cautiousness u need.

Indon malays in general, I find that majority are pretty ok and chill as long as one don't make trouble. Personally never had any problems before when it comes to mongering/clubbing.

To sum it up, I would:

1. always find a slightly proper hotel (with security in the lobby).. tipping and being friendly with the security (not just hotel, but clubs as well) does have its perks.

2. also not be guai lan when I'm in a foreign land. follow the rules and dont be too gungho. Only when I get familiar/level up enough, then I might go venture the shadier parts of town.

[WIP] Jakarta Fun Places Google Map

=======================