View Single Post
Old 10-02-2010, 02:45 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 590 / Power: 16
indianmagicoil is a name known to allindianmagicoil is a name known to allindianmagicoil is a name known to allindianmagicoil is a name known to allindianmagicoil is a name known to allindianmagicoil is a name known to all
Re: Living in Bangkok!

Quote:
Originally Posted by etct88 View Post
wow, you song song till forget your days? knn. Thursday.... the Thai one different? How many days you there oredi...
555+ 大哥 u misunderstand leow lah. I know u mean tomorrow but laz nite I met up with Bro Mike2 so tot u in town. I song-song there not until forget the daz lah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tookie View Post
having an account makes it easier to access the money when needed and also it beats the conversion rate for credit card usage. Main reason is i am thinking of buying an apt there, any kind soul has any ideas on how to go about doing it, wanna do it privately without her knowledge. Tks
Why so troublesome open an a/c juz to withdraw money? Juz plan & budget what u need and bring along the correct amount. I always change some in Singapore and the rest in Bangkok coz the rates there tend to be better. No need change all in one shot. Change what yah need, balance SGD can still bring back.

If u want to buy an apartment there... 1) Thai banks won't lend u the money unless you have a work permit so... 2) u still have to get loan from Singapore bank. Interest rate charged will be quite high. Unless u cash king and pay all in one shot and I'm not sure how u gonna hide the purchase it from her (wife I presume)?

BTW Bro Norice, u sure the AEON bank ATM u mentioned doesn't charge Bht150? Last year all banks in Thailand started charging this fee already. I was going from bank to bank's ATM trying to find one tat doesn't charge but no such luck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by norice View Post
I bank with Siam Commerical Bank. I opened a savings account back in 2007, I used my friend's address. But now, you must have a work permit or owned a property to open a account.
Thats the purple colour bank right? U r right about the work permit (always was the rule & easiest 2 open an a/c) but the property thing I'm not sure. I'll try when I'm back using my apartment lease agreement when I first stayed there. Hopefully the bank mgr can agree to it.

Quote:
I already made an Excel budget spreadsheet so I can monitor my daily, weekly and monthly expenses. After first quarter, I'll brief everyone, what's my actual expenses. My goal is to boom boom only 2 - 3 times a week!
Wow... u really are meticulous. I also will have a budget but after a few weeks I will be not so disciplined to update it.

Quote:
I decided to take an eartly retirement 5 years ago. I did all my research and prepared myself mentally, physically and financially! The bottom line is you must have enough funds or you'll be miserable and lonely!

I have 3 major concerns:

1. Air pollution (I don't want to die early with lung disease or cancer)
2. Food, most of the food in Bangkok is fried (cardiovascular disease/problem)
3. Traffic and Thai drivers (In Bangkok, cars and motorcycles have the right of way)
Problem is many come a few days for a holiday, had such a good time so think this country is not a bad place to work & retire. 555+ I call it "holiday syndrome". Thats why when they go back they keep thinking of the place

Personally I hope to have a business running + have a passive income stream should I eventually semi-retire there. 555+ are u a fried food addict? There are plenty of healthier options than deep fried what-ever on a stick! I drove in BKK for the first time and it was stressful. Firstly the streets are dimly lit at night and u really gotta watch out for those motor-sai's. Road directional signs are few or only appear at the last minute (hey that highway exit sign shld be placed at least 100 meters BEFORE the exit and not AT the exit!).

How to Get Rid of Irritating Spam Posts?
Go to USER CP --> Choose SETTINGS & OPTIONS --> Edit Ignore List key in nicks of irritating spammers followed by "Okay"