Thread: Divorce
View Single Post
Old 18-07-2007, 12:58 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 272 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 2319 / Power: 23
snipeshot08 has a reputation beyond reputesnipeshot08 has a reputation beyond reputesnipeshot08 has a reputation beyond reputesnipeshot08 has a reputation beyond reputesnipeshot08 has a reputation beyond reputesnipeshot08 has a reputation beyond reputesnipeshot08 has a reputation beyond reputesnipeshot08 has a reputation beyond reputesnipeshot08 has a reputation beyond reputesnipeshot08 has a reputation beyond reputesnipeshot08 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Divorce

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3m3m3m View Post
Dear All Samster,

Need some advise, if divorce case, do we need to give half of our assets to our wife ? or depends on which party fault ?

If yes , can i transfer some of my assets to my family first, then divorce (then split the assets balance which is not much) and get back my assets fr my family . Is this workable ?

This is a popular generic misconception as the old system have already been revamped for some time. Although the Women's Charter still offers some disadvantage to the husband's case, overall the distribution of the assets are still largely dependent on the amount of contributions by both parties whether directly or indirectly. Whoever is at fault does not impact the distribution but maybe penalised to pay the court fees (subjective...) unless the aggrieved party is claiming adultery/third-party.

Do not try to re-appropriate your assets for the sake of the divorce case, as ultimately you need to produce a Affidavit of Assets & Means detailing all transactions prior to the divorce petition (which also means it can be tracked). If your spouse is legal-savvy she may use this against you during the hearing.

Hope this helps (P.S. anybody here reading this and knows me pls refrain from posting anything personal, you know what I meant, thanks bros )

Cheerios.......SS08