View Single Post
Old 29-10-2020, 10:21 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 202 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 2652 / Power: 15
JacqueMerlin has a reputation beyond reputeJacqueMerlin has a reputation beyond reputeJacqueMerlin has a reputation beyond reputeJacqueMerlin has a reputation beyond reputeJacqueMerlin has a reputation beyond reputeJacqueMerlin has a reputation beyond reputeJacqueMerlin has a reputation beyond reputeJacqueMerlin has a reputation beyond reputeJacqueMerlin has a reputation beyond reputeJacqueMerlin has a reputation beyond reputeJacqueMerlin has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Divorce settlement data - WC education thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by wujigege View Post
Hi all, thought I start a thread about this since it is becoming common. Wondering if fellow samsters can share about their divorce settlement data. I saw a lawyer myself, and while WC applies in Singapore, the lawyer also mentioned that when it comes to division of assets, it is not as simple as taking the husband’s assets and divide it by two. Basically, the marital assets of both wife and husband are added up and divided from there. Wanted to dispel some myths (and fears) of WC. Would be helpful if divorced bros could share their experiences under these fields:

Length of marriage:
Number of kids:
Was wife working when divorce happened? What salary bracket if so?
Custody of kids: (under wife or husband)
Monthly maintenance:
Mode: contested divorce or uncontested
Marital property: (sold and split proceeds, or given to wife)

Length of marriage: >10 years
Number of kids: 0, no sex for at least 7 years before divorce.
Was wife working when divorce happened? What salary bracket if so?: yes. 7k range i make lesser but i pay for all the bills at home so she was able to use this as reason to maintain her lifestyle after divorce with the WC.
Custody of kids: (under wife or husband) no kids
Monthly maintenance: nil. Came at huge cost with strategy.
Mode: contested divorce or uncontested. Uncontested divorce. Ex wife found new bf in a rush to divorce was more open to lesser demands. Leveraged on this. Paid about 70k to ex wife in cash and shares to prevent her from asking for maintenance. She moved on to her new european bf.
Marital property: (sold and split proceeds, or given to wife) i lost everything.
Summary: WC very powerful. It doesn't matter if she has an affair or not. WC requires men to pay. But at least I am free from the nightmare now.