View Single Post
Old 19-01-2021, 02:00 PM
Veteran Samster

Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3472 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 108444 / Power: 54
Naka_Timo has a reputation beyond reputeNaka_Timo has a reputation beyond reputeNaka_Timo has a reputation beyond reputeNaka_Timo has a reputation beyond reputeNaka_Timo has a reputation beyond reputeNaka_Timo has a reputation beyond reputeNaka_Timo has a reputation beyond reputeNaka_Timo has a reputation beyond reputeNaka_Timo has a reputation beyond reputeNaka_Timo has a reputation beyond reputeNaka_Timo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Food glorious food! Thailand

Tom Yum Goong Banglamphu (ร้านต้มยำกุ้งบางลำพู)

Address: Thanon Kraisi (right in front of the big Banglamphu car park), Talad Yawd Phra Nakhon, Bangkok, Thailand
Open hours: 9 am – 6:30 pm daily
Prices: The main shrimp dishes are 140 THB

ที่อยู่ ถนนไกรสีห์ (หน้าอาคารจอดรถ กทม. ) ตลาดยอด พระนคร กรุงเทพมหานคร 10200
เปิดบริการทุกวัน 9.00 – 18.30 น.

How to get there: Tom Yum Goong Banglamphu (ร้านต้มยำกุ้งบางลำพู) is located just outside the car park garage, on Soi Kraisi, just two roads down from Rambuttri and Khao San.

Many street food stalls in Bangkok that look like Tom Yum Goong Banglamphu (ร้านต้มยำกุ้งบางลำพู) serve pretty average, typical Thai food.

But Tom Yum Goong Banglamphu (ร้านต้มยำกุ้งบางลำพู), a well weathered street food stall just two blocks from Khao San road, located on the sidewalk outside of the main Banglamphu car park, is a street food stall that produces some seriously glorious shrimp dishes.

The dish they are most well known for: tom yum goong (ต้มยำกุ้ง).

We started out in Banglamphu, which is an old area of Bangkok, and one of the best areas in Bangkok for food in my opinion.

We even decided to stay at a hotel, called Full House Khaosan (highly recommended place to stay by the way), just a stones throw from Khao San Road, and just around the corner from a street food stall known as Tom Yum Goong Banglamphu (ร้านต้มยำกุ้งบางลำพู), on Soi Kraisi.
I’ll be straightforward when I tell you, it definitely won’t be the prettiest display of freshwater shrimp and seafood ingredients you’ll ever see at a Thai street food stall… but it definitely has some character.

Tom Yum Goong Banglamphu (ร้านต้มยำกุ้งบางลำพู) is a Thai street food stall located just a stones throw from Khao San Road in the Banglamphu area of Bangkok, that specializes in shrimp.

Although it’s not the prettiest of street food stalls in Bangkok, they manage to pull off one of the ultimate versions of Thai street food style tom yum goong (ต้มยำกุ้ง) in the city.

I also tried the pla goong (พล่ากุ้ง), a shrimp salad full of herbs and dressed in lime juice and fish sauce. It was also delicious.

As much as I wanted to order a third shrimp dish, since it was just Ying and I eating, we made the call that three shrimp dishes of this magnitude would be a little too much for just the two of us.

So unfortunately as much as I wanted to try the goong tod gratiem (shrimp fried with garlic), which looked insanely good, we didn’t try it. So that will have to wait for next time.

ONE MAN'S MEAT IS ANOTHER'S POISON

"A FR is to give reader an idea of what to expect, the pics and style of writing are to spice things up, to give more space for imagination, most important thing is we share and we enjoy."

Bros with rep power are welcome to exchange 162 points daily