Thread: Hanoi
View Single Post
Old 23-05-2004, 01:56 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 157 / Power: 22
japavstar is a Helpful and Caring Samsterjapavstar is a Helpful and Caring Samster
Re: Hanoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by simnon
Hi ! Brudder

Have any local joints to recommend in HCMC?

I will be doing my escape from job misery at end of May (31st) for 6 days in HCMC.
May run up to Hanoi if there is enough time and monies

Appreciate your help.

Cheers
Hello everyone,
Have been away from sammyboy forum and GL because I have been
hanging out in Saigon (sterilely known as HCMC)
But a hardcore cheongster will always sniff out where the honeypot is, so this is a dummy guide for some of the local joints. Please contribute if I have missed out somethings.

Information is correct as of May 2004 and as best as I know, please tell me if I make a mistake. I can't possibly keep track of all these places

For the adventurous who want to go down dirty and do as locals do -

Note : for most of the local joints, helpful to speak some vietnamese.
You don't have to be fluent but u need to know more than "1 to 10" and "cam on". You need to bargain hard also since their first quote will always be 1.5 to 2 times higher than local prices.

1) The various manifestations of OM. cafe om, beer om, karaoke om.....
basically joints where you sit down with a girl beside for you to fondle.
The limit you can go varies from places to places and amount you willing to pay. typcial prices without special are $10-20.
Where to find them ?? well, they are all over the city. you need transport or better if you have locals to bring you there.

2) Barber shops (aka blowjob salons)
These shops are staffed with girls wearing dresses, decorated just like any other hair salon with chairs, mirrors, shampoos but you will never see any person getting a haircut/hairwash inside. The action happens behind or upstairs. They are also all over the city. But there are some concentrations, like around Hotel Dong Khanh in D5. And along the Dien Bien Phu road between the 2 big round-about, Binh Thanh District. You need a map and own transport. (rent a bike !!!) Typical prices for a BJ will be $12-15. FJ possible in some shops. Most places closes around 11pm.

3) Street FLs/Honda girls - moving targets, literally.
Info is as correct as of May.
2-3 months ago, there are a bunch of them going up and down this street (Nguyen T. Nghia) which cuts Pham Ngu Lao. Haven't seen them much recently....a guy will ride up and down the road while a girl wearing sexy clothes sits behind. Cost from $30-40 per hour. Sometimes, it is 2 girls on a honda so I guess u can book both of them.

Streets FLs - as in standing in dark corners by the road side.
They come out after 11pm/midnight. There is a few at the junction of Nguyen Thi Minh Khai and Cach Mang Thang 8. For more, you need to ride up further down Nugyen Thi Minh Khai road towards the direction of Binh Thanh District (yes, get a map). Further down NTMK to the junction of Hai Ba Trung, there should be some standing in the dark corners as well. Asking rate is $20-30 per hour, $40-50 per night. If you go on further down NTMK, you will reach a bridge. This area is choke full of honda/bicycle girls. As usual they ride up and down the road so you need to catch up with them or wave them to stop. Asking rate is $15-20 per hour, overnight is $40-50.

All the prices quoted are more or less local prices, so please bargain as they will quote you higher foreigner prices.

Some guy was talking about An Dong market.....just curious as I have never seen anything happening near the market. Though there is some massage parlours nearby. Do you mean the karaokes in D5 area ??