View Single Post
Old 12-11-2020, 06:19 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1599 / Power: 15
HonkyTonkyMan has a brilliant futureHonkyTonkyMan has a brilliant futureHonkyTonkyMan has a brilliant futureHonkyTonkyMan has a brilliant futureHonkyTonkyMan has a brilliant futureHonkyTonkyMan has a brilliant futureHonkyTonkyMan has a brilliant futureHonkyTonkyMan has a brilliant futureHonkyTonkyMan has a brilliant futureHonkyTonkyMan has a brilliant futureHonkyTonkyMan has a brilliant future
Re: Divorce settlement data - WC education thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvbreast View Post
I see, so if I am not wrong, then your wife (through her lawyer) would have presented a case to the judge that:
1. She should be have most of care & control since she has always be primary care giver.
2. She have problem (after divorcing since she needed to continue caring for your child) and need to re-enter work force.
3. Whereas you are doing relatively well because you are running your own business.

In essence, your 1.1K was actually maintenance your child even though your ex has full custody (something I don't understand, did you gave that up or was it care & control that she have?)

Only thing I don't get is why have to pay for her lawyer, this is something very out of character but then again, sometimes strange things happened.
The judge didn't even take into consideration the money i had taken out to help her set up her shop and it was not due to me that her business went bust...maybe the judge thinking i earn lots of money but the irony of it all, i myself business went bust and in the end had to declare bankruptcy but went back to vary the maintenance amount only lowered by a couple of hundreds..
She had full custody not even joint in my case...
Yes you are right regarding full cost all to me, as I said a few lawyers said it was most unusual..