View Single Post
Old 20-01-2021, 05:54 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1492 / Power: 18
Greendevil has much to be proud ofGreendevil has much to be proud ofGreendevil has much to be proud ofGreendevil has much to be proud ofGreendevil has much to be proud ofGreendevil has much to be proud ofGreendevil has much to be proud ofGreendevil has much to be proud ofGreendevil has much to be proud ofGreendevil has much to be proud of
Re: Divorce settlement data - WC education thread

Gentleman, WC is only an old name on a valid legislations. If you red thru the clause carefully, there is nothing gender inequality written in the language. What many bros failed here is that they didnt protray the right image in the divorce settlement.

My case, it happen over a decade ago so maybe thing now have change:

Length of marriage:8 years
Number of kids:1
Was wife working when divorce happened? What salary bracket if so? Yes . Earning 3k but have large saving. Myself was earning 5k back then, but was paying everything for the household from start while she saved her money.
Custody of kids: (under wife or husband)I got it
Monthly maintenance:$0.00. Yes it is zero.
Mode: contested divorce. initially i offer 50-50 split right down to the end on the HDB, no maintenance. but she wanted 80/20 and with maintenance.
Marital property: (sold and split proceeds, or given to wife)
sold on open market.
FJ (Final judgement not full job)
was given 92% to me and 8% to her, and she wanted to appeal. dont want to drag on another court session, finally give her 12% and if dont take the 12%, I made her pay for subsequent court session and lawyer fee.

Very impt, rights for sale of HDB solely under myself.

my advice to all bros here, remember divorce case in Singapore take minimum from 3 months to over years. 3 month case is assuming both parties divroce amicably. but in reality less than 1% of the case is resolve amicably. Cos there are out of courts or informal neg before reaches it.

In other words, you need to prepare for a long battle of at least a year. you need to protray you are the victim in the case as much as possible and your story line and image need to be consistent throughout. There will be many instances where you receive a letter /mail from your lawyer or ex that make you blow your top. Many are in a fit of anger or high emotion when replying. You need to keep cool, think long term and strategy. one wrong move in the chess may cost you the game.