View Single Post
Old 25-03-2023, 08:15 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 121 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 528 / Power: 3
Willamshakspear is a glorious beacon of lightWillamshakspear is a glorious beacon of lightWillamshakspear is a glorious beacon of lightWillamshakspear is a glorious beacon of lightWillamshakspear is a glorious beacon of lightWillamshakspear is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Is me being too realistic making me feel less emotions?

Thank you both bro Sbwow for understanding & Bro Sensualkinks for sharing. If I may, i would like to share a personal experience on the views of Human longings, devoted attachment & its consequences. Do bear with me. Thanks in advance.

One night a few years ago, a friend - Jacob, called me up, close to midnight & sought help - to pick him up ASAP as his best friend John whom is also my friend, to go to a flat block at Bedok, exclaiming he wants to commit suicide & say his final farewell to his best buddy.

I got out of bed, ran to my car, put pedal to the metal, rushed to pick Jacob up & then sped to Bedok, as safe as I could in the hope to save a life. We both ran to the lift & as per John's call over his location, pressed the lift buttons to the 15th floor of the block of flat.

Upon reaching, I told Jacob to give me half an hour, to try to convince John not to jump, with the hope & excuse that his best friend was not around yet to witness the suicide. He agreed.

I went to the specific area- the quiet at this time of the night staircase landing & to my horror, I saw John sitting dangerously on the parapet. He was surprised that I came, but I decided not to pull any stunt as should I do so, he may just jump off accidently in panic. I sat on the staircase & tried to talk him out of it, but he just smiled at me, said he will wait for his best friend Jacob.

Just a bit of background on John. He is a great guy & anyone whom knew him would agreed so. He was one of the rare species of Humanity who cares about friendship & others. He is the kind of guy who is always ready to help others - in knowledge & even others in financial stress. He is someone who remembers another's birthday & will throw surprise parties at his own expense to make others happy.

At work, he is loved by his colleagues for his knowledge, attitude, courage, care & concern, even by mgmt whom needed such leaders & were actively grooming him to take on higher positions even to directorship.

Being a great guy, it was no surprise he had equally a nice girlfriend. She was an undergraduate at NUS, & he gave her all his love - always being there for her, pamper her, & even helped to encourage her when she was under pressure by parents & studies to the point of giving up Uni.

She graduated & was sought by a foreign bank in Singapore to work in its FOREX dept. She got to know a high roller wheeler dealer there who earned hundreds of thousand dollars, who taught her the ropes & included her in his deals with high nett worth clients.

Expensive dinners on company accounts, trips to meet clients overseas on private jets to & fro, European opera visits, private yacht parties, etc. It was an exciting & glamourous world to a kid that lived in a 3 room HDB flat in AMK.

Soon, she sent John a 'Dear John' letter - to break up. John was shocked. He built his life around her, & then felt his world crashing down. He tried to convince her, but to no avail, as his girlfriend was just another easily impressionable SYT that is to be used & abused by others, even though highly educated but sadly, pampered often & yet to face realities of matured life.

Saddened, John soon withdrew into himself, went to seed, eventually disappointed everyone at work & friends, & was sacked. He lost his mind & no longer cared about anything. It was a hard setback. And thus, his seat on the 15 storey parapet at Bedok, to end it all...

My half hour efforts with him came to no avail, he ignored whatever I tried to say, then his best friend Jacob came. He sat down beside me, with tears in his eyes but said nothing. Jacob was not some ordinary friend with John. They knew each other since kids, been thru life a lot together, akin to blood brothers. John was sadden when Jacob cried. He turned over from the parapet, but stood near it, & started to talk...

We encouraged him to talk, & even defined questions to probe & let lose his innermost heartfelt longings. Time flew fast. Through tears, he let it all out which he had tried to hide from us all. Eventually, we managed to get him to sit with us on the steps of the staircase, to show us his letters & his girlfriend's cruel replies.

We spent 6 hrs that night, sharing thoughts & experiences, & thru probing, we managed to hit him hard on his responsibilities to others whom still love him- his parents, siblings & friends that had looked up to him, etc, etc, which made him at least temporarily gave up his suicidal thoughts. We got him into the car & sent him home. His family was worried sick, but we managed to convince them to put him on a 'suicidal watch'. Jacob took leave that day, to spend the entire time beside him on a chair as he slept.

Slowly but surely, with help from his family, his friends & us, we managed to rehabilitate his mentality & brought him back to life, thru inclusion of him into our lives - sports, community events, social circles, etc. It was not easy. Nothing that is worthwhile in life ever comes easy.. It just needs sincere efforts & patience..

Today, he is married with a lovely & caring wife, with 2 great kids that he absolutely dotes over & whom loved him back unconditionally, with a high mgmt position in a multi-million dollar company. While he became no more the effable guy we once knew, grew more cautious, but he never forgot about us, those whom mattered, are true, & helped him pulled through in life..

I had gone on long enough with this post. To cut it short, my point is always have hope & courage. Setbacks DO NOT kill us. Only we can do it to ourselves thru weakness of our own induced mentality. The moment before dawn is always the darkest of night, but without fail, the sun rises & brightens all.

If John had given up & jumped down from the 15th storey HDB Block, he would had never experience the joy that he now has... with the gift of life...