View Single Post
Old 08-03-2024, 08:21 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 193 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1124 / Power: 18
atoll has much to be proud ofatoll has much to be proud ofatoll has much to be proud ofatoll has much to be proud ofatoll has much to be proud ofatoll has much to be proud ofatoll has much to be proud ofatoll has much to be proud ofatoll has much to be proud of
Re: Some questions from a newb about to go to Thailand

Quote:
Originally Posted by psaman17 View Post
Hello i will be heading to Thailand in April and it will be my first trip of this kind. Im super excited!

I have a few questions about safety stuff. I hope my brothers can help me answer them.

1. Where to change cash? Should i change ALL the cash i bring with me all at once? What if i have some baht left over from my trip? Change them back to USD??

2. When you go to a nuru and take a bath. Isnt your stuff vulnerable? Wallets, money. Just bring enough to cover the expense?

3. Best method to get around Bangkok and pattaya? I plan to take the local MRT and taxi.

4. Are 19 years old ok or not ok to bring back to your hotel??

Thanks in advance!!
1. Super rich outlets provide reasonably good exchange rate. Just don't change at airport. There's many money exchange places in downtown BKK, so up to you how much to change really.

2. In my many years of partying at such places, never had my money stolen. Girls at working joint would not want to risk getting fired for stealing. Do use common sense too, like not bringing too much cash with you and keeping your wallet somewhere visible when you take a bath.

3. MRT/BTS works in BKK if going to places near the station or during peak hour due traffic jam. Flagging down a taxi is cheaper than Grab or Bolt, but may be hard to get during peak hours. Regulars would take motorcycle (called motorsai) for short commutes. In Pattaya, if you are not going the outskirts, songkaew bus works. Use Grab or Bolt if going outskirts.

4. Most 3-4 star hotels don't check lady ID. Selected 5 star hotels would for safety of customer. Even so, there's no law prohibiting bringing back a 19 yr old lady. If you want to bring her to party though, many clubs enforce the 21 year old age limit (some places 23 from what i hear).