The Asian Commercial Sex Scene  

Go Back   The Asian Commercial Sex Scene > For stuff you can't discuss with your Facebook Account > Coffee Shop Talk of a non sexual Nature

Notices

Coffee Shop Talk of a non sexual Nature Visit Sam's Alfresco Heaven. Singapore's best Alfresco Coffee Experience! If you're up to your ears with all this Sex Talk and would like to take a break from it all to discuss other interesting aspects of life in Singapore,  pop over and join in the fun.

User Tag List

Old 04-02-2016, 01:29 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 961 / Power: 13
ComplainKing is a splendid one to beholdComplainKing is a splendid one to beholdComplainKing is a splendid one to beholdComplainKing is a splendid one to beholdComplainKing is a splendid one to beholdComplainKing is a splendid one to beholdComplainKing is a splendid one to beholdComplainKing is a splendid one to behold
Re: 14-year-old jumps to his death after unaccompanied police interrogation for Moles

Quote:
Originally Posted by kt88_2 View Post
The garment n SPF really 'look' after n love the true citizens of Singapore.
What they don't realise is that the loss of one potential support vote and probable many more belonging to the boy's generation. Really sad to see a young live gone .

Singkies have NO MORE right to complain .

Ignore list :

Craz78
rocket boy
Old 04-02-2016, 02:24 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 130 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 2710 / Power: 12
Summerhillt has a reputation beyond reputeSummerhillt has a reputation beyond reputeSummerhillt has a reputation beyond reputeSummerhillt has a reputation beyond reputeSummerhillt has a reputation beyond reputeSummerhillt has a reputation beyond reputeSummerhillt has a reputation beyond reputeSummerhillt has a reputation beyond reputeSummerhillt has a reputation beyond reputeSummerhillt has a reputation beyond reputeSummerhillt has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 14-year-old jumps to his death after unaccompanied police interrogation for Moles

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadfa View Post
Please la. You should know.

When your job is to get children to sign documents, when these children never even create their own signatures before, n these children don't know the consequences of signing n then you use the document in court, for the court to sentence the children n ruin their lives, you got any conscience meh??

Io cannot sleep only if he never follow procedure n never seek higher approval cos that means disciplinary action n garbagement will sack him n let him take the fall.

Other than that, if he scream at Benjamin, curse n suan his family for being poor, threaten Benjamin n his family, he will still collect salary, celebrate cny, gamble, fuck chicken, Limp kopi, take leave, go holiday, collect bonus, get promotion.

If these people got guilty conscience, they would've quitted long ago le.

When coroner inquiry n review come, everybody will cover each other n fuck care Benjamin. If ppl sabo the io, he will expose all those dirty advanced interrogation tactics they use.

When sporeans hear, even those hard hearted ah peks will cry. The minister won't die but a few supt sure will kanna.

BTW Benjamin cremated liao.
Bet they never even turn up at wake n pay respects. Fuck these fake hypocrites.
So god damn fucking true, i guess brother you do have your own brushes with the law itself?

Next target. 2000 Points
Old 04-02-2016, 03:08 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 51 / Power: 9
FuLuShou deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuasimi View Post
Judging from online sharing by netizens of past incidences involving SPF, it seems past 50 years, SPF interrogation methods of the citizens did not change much and remain consistent. But nobody committed suicide like this boy thus it remained as coffeeshop chitchat only.
I heard more Police or Cisco officers open fire to commit suicide than 1 incident of boy jumping.

Let us move on.
Old 04-02-2016, 03:22 PM
Samster

Quoted: 319 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 462 / Power: 15
squiggle is a glorious beacon of lightsquiggle is a glorious beacon of lightsquiggle is a glorious beacon of lightsquiggle is a glorious beacon of lightsquiggle is a glorious beacon of light

We can't really put all the blame onto the police and the parents. Police will definitely not treat the accused kind and friendly. The police are just following orders, when you have a bad gov/system in place, don't expect the civil servants to be kind and good. 70% also at fault. SG is a police state, like anywhere, where the authority deem you wrong, you will be at wrong/your fate will be in their hands. Even Amos Yee been treated like dog at his age, don't need to say to anyone who is similar to his age/younger than him.

OM is a serious case that could even unable to be bail out. Women charter is a powerful thing/law can be bias sometimes, the girls/women genuine/falsely accuse us for OM/rape, it will cause us lots of trouble. Benjamin committed suicide doesn't mean he is guilty/not guilty, death doesn't really prove or able to resolve anything.

If Benjamin is still alive, being brave and calm. His parents could fight the case off and shame the police force. By complaining to the press and blowing the matter big.
Old 04-02-2016, 03:44 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 50 / Power: 9
KuanYin deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by squiggle View Post
We can't really put all the blame onto the police and the parents. Police will definitely not treat the accused kind and friendly. The police are just following orders, when you have a bad gov/system in place, don't expect the civil servants to be kind and good. 70% also at fault. SG is a police state, like anywhere, where the authority deem you wrong, you will be at wrong/your fate will be in their hands. Even Amos Yee been treated like dog at his age, don't need to say to anyone who is similar to his age/younger than him.

OM is a serious case that could even unable to be bail out. Women charter is a powerful thing/law can be bias sometimes, the girls/women genuine/falsely accuse us for OM/rape, it will cause us lots of trouble. Benjamin committed suicide doesn't mean he is guilty/not guilty, death doesn't really prove or able to resolve anything.

If Benjamin is still alive, being brave and calm. His parents could fight the case off and shame the police force. By complaining to the press and blowing the matter big.
I fully agreed with your views.
Old 04-02-2016, 05:04 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 54 / Power: 9
KuanYim deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by squiggle View Post

Agreed with your views too
Old 04-02-2016, 05:23 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 53 / Power: 9
FuLuSh0u deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy

I heard more Police or Cisco officers open fire to commit suicide than 1 incident of boy jumping.

Let us move on (13/20)
Old 04-02-2016, 05:42 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 163 / Power: 16
k-knight is a Helpful and Caring Samsterk-knight is a Helpful and Caring Samster

Actually Sg is a first world country by its outlook only. Yes in terms of economy in its country but to the people living in Sg we are still not being able to fully enjoy the privilege. Theres a lot of things in sg that shld be changed by now but it hasnt been , mainly to let them stay in power.
One example is the Isa act to detent without trial, cmon we are a first world democracy country and this law was made in the 50s to catch those secret society members but the reason it is not abolish up til now is because it is being used to lock up politicians that opposed them.

Another eg is this 14 yr old case. They should already be reviewing on the standards of treating a minor. I hv heard stories of 2 pri sch kids stealing comic books and was caught by the shop owners, 6 to 7 police officers came and handcuff them and brought them back to the station. I didnt believe it until what happen to this 14 ye old minor case, then i believe these might be happening in Sg.. I feel that especially pri sch kids, they shld just take statememnt on the spot and take down their ezlink particulars and send a letter to their parents to bring the child down to the station for some counselling. This is more appropriate then forcing them back to the station, this is a double edge sword, yes it might act as a deter for the kid to drop the idea but it might also have a negative impact and make the child feel depress and hopeless thinking their lives is over.

For this case, a dumbass would also know that the IO interrogating is forcing and pressurig the kid out of it. Only those mentally challenged then will buy the police side of the story like its just a normal interrogation and he is feeling alright throughout the interviews.
Spf r just a bunch of lazy ass that are scare of doing the extra work. If one knows the law will know that actually in the eye of law, many things can be denied and even evidence for eg showing a photo of u holding a gun, you can also defend yourself by saying this is a toygun or it is being photoshopped. The easiest way for the police to proceed with their charges will be by your statement. They pressure til you either say something wrong or in a way admit. Then they will proceed to charge.
In this case for a minor, they should have a real subtle interview and tell him they will go for polygraph to make sure he is not lying. But I guess they are too lazy to go to the extend to apply for polygraph tests, why go through all thr hassle, paperwork, inform the parents or the minor again when u can force out an admission in 3 hrs.

When a person gets a charge, the police will psycho the person like why go for lawyer or no use gettign a lawyer or say judge will think you are unrepentent if u try to defend yourself with lawyers and have heavier sentence. The truth is, if you hire a lwyer and fight the case, there will be more work for the IO to do. Those pap dogs can just come and shoot me, no problem. But those who work with the law or hv brushes agajnst the law will know what Im saying.

Last edited by k-knight; 04-02-2016 at 05:57 PM.
Old 04-02-2016, 08:50 PM
Samster (M)

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: -7 / Power: 0
kuasimi is under Moderation till he learns how to behave

We cannot forgive the way my son was treated: Benjamin Lim’s father in open letter

Yahoo Singapore

February 4, 2016

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/open-lette...055236378.html

The family of 14-year-old Benjamin Lim, who was found dead at the foot of his block on 26 Jan after he was questioned by the police, have sent an open letter to The Online Citizen to clarify events.

Written by Benjamin’s father, the letter published on Thursday (4 Feb) seeks to “provide certain information on the chain of events leading to the tragedy”.

“There have been reports in various publications offering different versions of occurrences leading to the passing of Benjamin,” the letter read.

The letter comes after police said on Monday (1 Feb) that they would be reviewing interview procedures.

Benjamin’s death came later in the afternoon that police questioned him for alleged outrage of modesty of an 11-year-old girl.

“It was initially reported that family members had received timely updates from police and school authorities… This statement was not accurate,” said Benjamin’s father in the letter wherein he ran through a timeline of events.

He noted that his wife was initially informed only when the police came to take Benjamin away to the police station.

He wrote that it broke his heart when he learned that his boy had his last meal in the school, a cold bun.

He also castigated the school for letting his son leave without waiting for family members to arrive.

“The school, in my opinion, should never have handed over my son to five police officers during recess hours without having to wait for the arrival of family members,” he said.

Seeking justice

He said it was now his “duty to seek justice” for his son, and he and his family did not want to speculate on whether the offence took place until the coroner’s hearing.

“That said, as parents we cannot forget and we cannot forgive the way my son was treated, from the school to the time he was in police custody,” he wrote.

He had harsh words for his both his son’s school and the police.

“We as parents we entrusted our children to you. You have a duty to ensure that our children are appropriately taken care of, reasonably protected and have their interest in your priority,” he said addressing school authorities.

“To the police… You are there to look for one secondary 3 student. You are not there to apprehend an adult suspect with full ability to escape or capable in single combat,” Benjamin’s father wrote.

He also thanked Benjamin’s friends and members of the public for their support. You can read the letter in full on The Online Citizen.
Old 04-02-2016, 08:51 PM
Samster

Quoted: 236 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1054 / Power: 15
jacky43 has much to be proud ofjacky43 has much to be proud ofjacky43 has much to be proud ofjacky43 has much to be proud ofjacky43 has much to be proud ofjacky43 has much to be proud ofjacky43 has much to be proud ofjacky43 has much to be proud of
Smile Re: 14-year-old jumps to his death after unaccompanied police interrogation for Moles

Our system do not have the practise of conducting investigation together with the boy's (suspect) parents. I blame the opp parties they had experience lawyers and, they did not brought this up in the house.

Not even the time where Chiam was in his prime. JB too all no used.
Old 04-02-2016, 08:54 PM
Samster (M)

Open letter from Benjamin’s family to clarify what transpired on 26 January

http://www.theonlinecitizen.com/2016...n-26-janurary/

https://www.facebook.com/TheIndependentSG

https://www.facebook.com/theonlinecitizen/

BY ONLINECITIZEN ON FEBRUARY 4, 2016 LETTERS

The family members of 14-year-old Benjamin Lim have passed an open letter to The Online Citizen to be published, hoping that it can clarify and provide certain information on the chain of events leading to their son’s death on 26 January (Tuesday).

The family also thanks everyone who have came forward to show their support to Benjamin. They have created an email account dedicated to Benjamin, [email protected] and welcome friends and members of public to write to them.

The letter from Benjamin’s family in full

The family of Benjamin Lim wish to express our deepest gratitude and appreciation to all friends, relatives and members of the public for your kind expression of sympathy in our time of great sorrow. There have been reports in various publications offering different versions of occurrences leading to the passing of Benjamin. This letter seeks to clarify and also provide certain information on the chain of events leading to the tragedy on 26 January 2016.

In the morning of 26 January 2016, Benjamin’s mother received a call from his mobile number. One police officer spoke to her and informed that Benjamin was being investigated for a case of “outrage of modesty” involving one 11-year-old Chinese girl outside school in the afternoon of 25 January 2016. The officer informed that Benjamin would be taken to Ang Mo Kio police station for further investigation. Benjamin’s mother asked to speak to her son, of which then the phone was given back to Benjamin. However, they (mother and son) did not managed to speak for long before phone was taken away. According to Benjamin’s mother, the officer informed that police will be contacting the family in the afternoon when Benjamin is allowed to leave the police station.

Benjamin’s mother and elder sister then rushed to the school, arrived at about 11am. At that point, Benjamin had already left the school with police officers. They spoke to the discipline master and school counsellor, and were informed that Benjamin was taken to Ang Mo Kio police station to assist in investigation. When asked for details, the staffs were only able to reveal that Benjamin was identified via a CCTV footage captured at the lift lobby in one of the HDB blocks.

On the same day at about 1pm, Benjamin’s mother received a call from Ang Mo Kio Police Division HQ informing that Benjamin was arrested and that family members may proceed to the police station to bail him out. Mother and daughter then rushed to the police station, and were told to wait at the reception area. After some time, one officer led Benjamin’s mother to the investigation office for recording of statement. It was until about 2.50pm when Benjamin was finally brought out to meet his mother and sister.

Benjamin’s mother noted that he appeared quiet, and his hands were uncomfortably cold after they left the police station. She then asked him about the alleged offence, he denied. When asked why he admitted to the police when he did not do it, he said “they said I am guilty, so I am guilty lor”. Benjamin was then told that he should not have admitted to the crime if he did not do it. Their conversation ended then as the train was approaching.

Benjamin, together with mother and sister, they went home directly. Having sensed that Benjamin was rather quiet and not his usual self, the mother got him to shower while she prepared a meal for him. She then left him alone at the dining hall, and made no further query about the offence he was alleged to have committed. It was until about 4.13pm after Benjamin’s mother received a call from the school counsellor to convey the message that the school has decided that Benjamin will not be attending the Secondary Three School Cohort Camp from 27 to 29 January 2016, and that was when they last spoke. Benjamin was told of the decision by the school’s authorities.

After a while, the mother called for Benjamin but there was no answer. Mother and sister then knocked on the bedroom door and realised that it was locked. That was the first time the door was locked. After they managed to enter into the room, there was no sign of Benjamin. One desktop fan which was supposed to be on the table; was on the floor and the window was open. They then rushed to the void deck, and Benjamin was lying motionless on the ground with his head facing down.

It was initially reported that family members had received timely updates from police and school authorities after Benjamin was taken away by five plainclothes police officers in two unmarked police vehicles. This statement was not accurate.

Benjamin’s mother was informed by police officer for the first time in the morning when Benjamin was already taken to the principle’s office. The police officer merely informed her that Benjamin would be taken to Ang Mo Kio police station for further investigation, and that the police will contact the family in the afternoon when he would be allowed to leave.

When the mother and sister arrived at the school, they were told by the discipline master and school counsellor that Benjamin was identified by CCTV footages and that no other information could be revealed. The next contact with the police was at Ang Mo Kio Police Division HQ, after the mother received a call to inform that Benjamin was arrested and she should bail him out. It should be noted at this point that the mother was taken to the investigator’s office (open plan office) for statement recording rather than being allowed to see her son.

It was not until 2.50pm before mother and sister finally saw Benjamin after he was brought out to the reception area. Until then, there was no further contact from the school. The only call that the mother received from the school counsellor was at 4.13pm on the same day, which was to inform Benjamin that school authorities decided that he was to be excluded from the Secondary Three School Cohort Camp. After the tragic death of Benjamin at 4.20pm, the father called the school from 5pm to 6pm but was not able to speak to the principal. It was not until the next day afternoon that the principal responded and returned call to Benjamin’s father.

The police arranged a meeting on 1 February 2016 between the officers from Ang Mo Kio Police Division HQ, police headquarter and immediate family members, accompanied by Member of Parliament Mr. Louis Ng. Information was shared within acceptable limits. It was agreed between parties that discussion and information disclosed in the meeting be kept confidential until the investigation has fully completed.

There are now reports and statements from the relevant authorities that procedure will be subjected to review in regard to police questioning of minors without the presence of an adult. As Benjamin’s father, I felt this is necessary, but it came too late. It is necessary because we pray that the same treatment my son received from the police, will never ever happen again to another child.

The school, in my opinion, should never have handed over my son to five police officers during recess hours without having to wait for the arrival of family members. I hate to think of the amount of fear he had at that moment, how helpless he was then. To be escorted to the car park from the principle’s office, one student in uniform accompanied by a few adults in civilian clothes with police ID cards, how discreet this could be? I felt the embarrassment and the shame my son was subjected to.

As Benjamin’s father, it broke my heart when I later found out that my son was brought to the principle’s office with one bun on his hand; and a drink on the other from the school canteen.

I cannot understand why the teacher; or office staff did not allow my son to at least finish his food at the canteen before he or she brought him to the principle’s office. It was reported that my son was allowed to finish his breakfast before being taken to the police station. But that was after the interview. My boy had his last meal in the school, a cold bun.

Those adults that were with him at that moment, the police officers and staffs of Northview Secondary School, may I take this opportunity to tell you that my son would prefer to have his meal when it is hot.

When Benjamin finally left the police station at 2.50pm, he told his mother and sister that he was not given anything to eat, nothing to drink throughout the 3 or more hours of engagement with police investigators in the police station. At his age, my son gets hungry very fast after one meal. Just a cold bun and a drink, and we cannot be sure if he did finish the bun because he was under pressure then. Benjamin must be feeling hungry, thirsty, throughout the few hours he was with the police investigator. I can imagine the anxiety felt by my son throughout the ordeal.

As Benjamin’s father, it is now my duty to seek justice for my son. We do not know if he has indeed committed the alleged offence of “outrage of modesty” of the 11-year-old girl. Until the coroner hearing, we do not want to speculate whether the offence has indeed taken place.

That said, as parents we cannot forget and we cannot forgive the way my son was treated, from the school to the time he was in police custody. I have this to say to the school authorities. We as parents we entrusted our children to you. You have a duty to ensure that our children are appropriately taken care of, reasonably protected and have their interest in your priority.

CONTINUE...............
Old 04-02-2016, 08:55 PM
Samster (M)

CONTINUE

Open letter from Benjamin’s family to clarify what transpired on 26 January

http://www.theonlinecitizen.com/2016...n-26-janurary/

BY ONLINECITIZEN ON FEBRUARY 4, 2016 LETTERS

To the police, I have to tell you that by sending 5 plainclothes officers to one secondary school in 2 unmarked police vehicles are never discreet. You are there to look for one secondary 3 student. You are not there to apprehend an adult suspect with full ability to escape or capable in single combat.

To Benjamin’s friends and team mates from the National Police Cadet Corps, thank you for the lovely cards and your encouraging words to SGT (NPCC) Benjamin Lim. To his colleagues from McDonald’s, he loved his job and he was grateful to be part of the team. If the branch manager would allow, please give your consent for him to keep his staff’s ID card.

Last but not least, on behalf of the family, I thank everyone for coming forward to show their support to Benjamin. We have created an email account dedicated to Benjamin, [email protected]. Friends and members of public are welcome to write to us.
Old 04-02-2016, 08:58 PM
Samster (M)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacky43 View Post
Our system do not have the practise of conducting investigation together with the boy's (suspect) parents. I blame the opp parties they had experience lawyers and, they did not brought this up in the house.

Not even the time where Chiam was in his prime. JB too all no used.
Read Page 1 of this thread. WP brought this up at 2007 but was rejected by PAP Government because PAP Government said the public trust in SPF is 100%.

If this happened in Taiwan, Europe or USA, the Media will be 24/7 blowing this up and forcing the authorities to react.

But in Singapore, the Media had been very quiet and downplaying this case. The Media only only how to 24/7 blew up the WP Town Council case until it sounds so real that WP was dishonest.

But fortunately there are non-PAP controlled Media like TOC and The Independent to highlight this case else the public still thinks everything is perfect paradise in Singapore.

Last edited by kuasimi; 04-02-2016 at 09:29 PM.
Old 04-02-2016, 09:26 PM
Samster (M)

Parents of 14-year-old boy who committed suicide after police interrogation pen an open letter

By The Independent -

February 4, 2016

http://theindependent.sg/parents-of-...n-open-letter/

The parents of the 14-year-old student, Benjamin Lim, who committed suicide after police interrogation has written an open letter. It was first published by socio-political website, The Online Citizen. We republish the letter in full here.

–open letter–
The family of Benjamin Lim wish to express our deepest gratitude and appreciation to all friends, relatives and members of the public for your kind expression of sympathy in our time of great sorrow. There have been reports in various publications offering different versions of occurrences leading to the passing of Benjamin. This letter seeks to clarify and also provide certain information on the chain of events leading to the tragedy on 26 January 2016.

In the morning of 26 January 2016, Benjamin’s mother received a call from his mobile number. One police officer spoke to her and informed that Benjamin was being investigated for a case of “outrage of modesty” involving one 11-year-old Chinese girl outside school in the afternoon of 25 January 2016. The officer informed that Benjamin would be taken to Ang Mo Kio police station for further investigation. Benjamin’s mother asked to speak to her son, of which then the phone was given back to Benjamin. However, they (mother and son) did not managed to speak for long before phone was taken away. According to Benjamin’s mother, the officer informed that police will be contacting the family in the afternoon when Benjamin is allowed to leave the police station.

Benjamin’s mother and elder sister then rushed to the school, arrived at about 11am. At that point, Benjamin had already left the school with police officers. They spoke to the discipline master and school counsellor, and were informed that Benjamin was taken to Ang Mo Kio police station to assist in investigation. When asked for details, the staffs were only able to reveal that Benjamin was identified via a CCTV footage captured at the lift lobby in one of the HDB blocks.

On the same day at about 1pm, Benjamin’s mother received a call from Ang Mo Kio Police Division HQ informing that Benjamin was arrested and that family members may proceed to the police station to bail him out. Mother and daughter then rushed to the police station, and were told to wait at the reception area. After some time, one officer led Benjamin’s mother to the investigation office for recording of statement. It was until about 2.50pm when Benjamin was finally brought out to meet his mother and sister.

Benjamin’s mother noted that he appeared quiet, and his hands were uncomfortably cold after they left the police station. She then asked him about the alleged offence, he denied. When asked why he admitted to the police when he did not do it, he said “they said I am guilty, so I am guilty lor”. Benjamin was then told that he should not have admitted to the crime if he did not do it. Their conversation ended then as the train was approaching.

Benjamin, together with mother and sister, they went home directly. Having sensed that Benjamin was rather quiet and not his usual self, the mother got him to shower while she prepared a meal for him. She then left him alone at the dining hall, and made no further query about the offence he was alleged to have committed. It was until about 4.13pm after Benjamin’s mother received a call from the school counsellor to convey the message that the school has decided that Benjamin will not be attending the Secondary Three School Cohort Camp from 27 to 29 January 2016, and that was when they last spoke. Benjamin was told of the decision by the school’s authorities.

After a while, the mother called for Benjamin but there was no answer. Mother and sister then knocked on the bedroom door and realised that it was locked. That was the first time the door was locked. After they managed to enter into the room, there was no sign of Benjamin. One desktop fan which was supposed to be on the table; was on the floor and the window was open. They then rushed to the void deck, and Benjamin was lying motionless on the ground with his head facing down.

It was initially reported that family members had received timely updates from police and school authorities after Benjamin was taken away by five plainclothes police officers in two unmarked police vehicles. This statement was not accurate.

Benjamin’s mother was informed by police officer for the first time in the morning when Benjamin was already taken to the principle’s office. The police officer merely informed her that Benjamin would be taken to Ang Mo Kio police station for further investigation, and that the police will contact the family in the afternoon when he would be allowed to leave.

When the mother and sister arrived at the school, they were told by the discipline master and school counsellor that Benjamin was identified by CCTV footages and that no other information could be revealed. The next contact with the police was at Ang Mo Kio Police Division HQ, after the mother received a call to inform that Benjamin was arrested and she should bail him out. It should be noted at this point that the mother was taken to the investigator’s office (open plan office) for statement recording rather than being allowed to see her son.

It was not until 2.50pm before mother and sister finally saw Benjamin after he was brought out to the reception area. Until then, there was no further contact from the school. The only call that the mother received from the school counsellor was at 4.13pm on the same day, which was to inform Benjamin that school authorities decided that he was to be excluded from the Secondary Three School Cohort Camp. After the tragic death of Benjamin at 4.20pm, the father called the school from 5pm to 6pm but was not able to speak to the principal. It was not until the next day afternoon that the principal responded and returned call to Benjamin’s father.

The police arranged a meeting on 1 February 2016 between the officers from Ang Mo Kio Police Division HQ, police headquarter and immediate family members, accompanied by Member of Parliament Mr. Louis Ng. Information was shared within acceptable limits. It was agreed between parties that discussion and information disclosed in the meeting be kept confidential until the investigation has fully completed.

There are now reports and statements from the relevant authorities that procedure will be subjected to review in regard to police questioning of minors without the presence of an adult. As Benjamin’s father, I felt this is necessary, but it came too late. It is necessary because we pray that the same treatment my son received from the police, will never ever happen again to another child.

The school, in my opinion, should never have handed over my son to five police officers during recess hours without having to wait for the arrival of family members. I hate to think of the amount of fear he had at that moment, how helpless he was then. To be escorted to the car park from the principle’s office, one student in uniform accompanied by a few adults in civilian clothes with police ID cards, how discreet this could be? I felt the embarrassment and the shame my son was subjected to.

As Benjamin’s father, it broke my heart when I later found out that my son was brought to the principle’s office with one bun on his hand; and a drink on the other from the school canteen.

I cannot understand why the teacher; or office staff did not allow my son to at least finish his food at the canteen before s/he brought him to the principle’s office. It was reported that my son was allowed to finish his breakfast before being taken to the police station. But that was after the interview. My boy had his last meal in the school, a cold bun.

Those adults that were with him at that moment, the police officers and staffs of Northview Secondary School, may I take this opportunity to tell you that my son would prefer to have his meal when it is hot.

When Benjamin finally left the police station at 2.50pm, he told his mother and sister that he was not given anything to eat, nothing to drink throughout the 3 or more hours of engagement with police investigators in the police station. At his age, my son gets hungry very fast after one meal. Just a cold bun and a drink, and we cannot be sure if he did finish the bun because he was under pressure then. Benjamin must be feeling hungry, thirsty, throughout the few hours he was with the police investigator. I can imagine the anxiety felt by my son throughout the ordeal.

As Benjamin’s father, it is now my duty to seek justice for my son. We do not know if he has indeed committed the alleged offence of “outrage of modesty” of the 11-year-old girl. Until the coroner hearing, we do not want to speculate whether the offence has indeed taken place.

That said, as parents we cannot forget and we cannot forgive the way my son was treated, from the school to the time he was in police custody. I have this to say to the school authorities. We as parents we entrusted our children to you. You have a duty to ensure that our children are appropriately taken care of, reasonably protected and have their interest in your priority.

CONTINUE......
Old 04-02-2016, 09:27 PM
Samster (M)

CONTINUE

Parents of 14-year-old boy who committed suicide after police interrogation pen an open letter

By The Independent -

February 4, 2016

http://theindependent.sg/parents-of-...n-open-letter/

To the police, I have to tell you that by sending 5 plainclothes officers to one secondary school in 2 unmarked police vehicles are never discreet. You are there to look for one secondary 3 student. You are not there to apprehend an adult suspect with full ability to escape or capable in single combat.

To Benjamin’s friends and team mates from the National Police Cadet Corps, thank you for the lovely cards and your encouraging words to SGT (NPCC) Benjamin Lim. To his colleagues from McDonald’s, he loved his job and he was grateful to be part of the team. If the branch manager would allow, please give your consent for him to keep his staff’s ID card.

Last but not least, on behalf of the family, I thank everyone for coming forward to show their support to Benjamin. We have created an email account dedicated to Benjamin, [email protected]. Friends and members of public are welcome to write to us.

–end–
Advert Space Available
Bypass censorship with https://1.1.1.1

Cloudflare 1.1.1.1