The Asian Commercial Sex Scene  

Go Back   The Asian Commercial Sex Scene > For stuff you can't discuss with your Facebook Account > The best of Thailand

Notices

The best of Thailand Serving your Thai Business & Holiday Needs. All Singaporeans in Thailand sign in to show your support and bring your Thai "friends" with you for stuff you can't discuss on Facebook! :)
ประเทศไทยต้อนรับคุณ!

User Tag List

Old 03-11-2016, 12:35 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 205 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1503 / Power: 9
TonyCheong2 has a brilliant futureTonyCheong2 has a brilliant futureTonyCheong2 has a brilliant futureTonyCheong2 has a brilliant futureTonyCheong2 has a brilliant futureTonyCheong2 has a brilliant futureTonyCheong2 has a brilliant futureTonyCheong2 has a brilliant futureTonyCheong2 has a brilliant futureTonyCheong2 has a brilliant futureTonyCheong2 has a brilliant future
Re: Re-location advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by naemlo View Post
Have business opportunity, of cause fast hand, fast leg.
No wonder your premium serwit lumber 1!
Old 03-11-2016, 09:43 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1095 / Power: 21
edmund899 has much to be proud ofedmund899 has much to be proud ofedmund899 has much to be proud ofedmund899 has much to be proud ofedmund899 has much to be proud ofedmund899 has much to be proud ofedmund899 has much to be proud ofedmund899 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Process will be long winded... since u are investing few 100k or millions... why not pay a small fee to a lawyer?

As for building, u have few options....lease the land, build your own building. Buy the land, build your own building. Lease a building. Depending on what type of factory, location of your factory, there are various concessions offer by the BOI. Again look for a lawyer to assist.
will definitely engage a lawyer and agent to fix the paperwork. the amount of paperwork required is mind boggling the last time i check BOI's website.

i'm only looking at ready built space. no new builts, too much risk to take and overkill for me.

thanks for the info!
Old 03-11-2016, 10:19 PM
Samster

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 57 / Power: 11
Ray84 deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by edmund899 View Post
will definitely engage a lawyer and agent to fix the paperwork. the amount of paperwork required is mind boggling the last time i check BOI's website.

i'm only looking at ready built space. no new builts, too much risk to take and overkill for me.

thanks for the info!
Beware of thai lawyers that might defraud you. Typical case is this: http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-34346620
Old 03-11-2016, 11:05 PM
Samster

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 8983 / Power: 23
naemlo has a reputation beyond reputenaemlo has a reputation beyond reputenaemlo has a reputation beyond reputenaemlo has a reputation beyond reputenaemlo has a reputation beyond reputenaemlo has a reputation beyond reputenaemlo has a reputation beyond reputenaemlo has a reputation beyond reputenaemlo has a reputation beyond reputenaemlo has a reputation beyond reputenaemlo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
the amount of paperwork required is mind boggling the last time i check BOI's website.
BOI is a pain in the ass.... A lot paper work. Will take at least 6 months to get approval.

Quote:
If u want simplicity then lease a 10yrs, 20yrs or whatever contract.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray84 View Post
Beware of thai lawyers that might defraud you. Typical case is this: http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-34346620
This is the fault of their own stupidity. They did not do their own homework before investing. Own stupidity but putting blame on others are common among human.

I have mentioned in this forum before.... A lot of foreigners want to own property so follow what most lawyers suggestion. Most lawyers here will want to earn the service fees thus suggest loophole... Once the deal is done n anything happens next, the lawyer will not bother. Be smart... check around before investing in foreign country.
Old 06-11-2016, 11:36 AM
Samster

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 61 / Power: 11
ZaneO deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy

Dear bros in BKK and CM,

I am currently in my mid 30s. Normal working adults and looking to migrate to either BKK or CM in the near future.

For livelihood, I intend to save up to 100K singapore dollars and setup a business selling popcorns. Think of those like caramel flavours popcorns etc in singapore.

I strongly believe there would be an biz opportunity should I get the right spot and suppliers all lined up. I have done some survey and found that Thais actually love caramel popcorns etc so should be OK to survive for a start.

Of course in future I intend to open several more shops like this and just overseee the operations.

Any feedbacks/advise for my plans?

I have been to BKK 3/4 times every year and am familiar with the environment there
Old 06-11-2016, 03:01 PM
Samster

TonyCheong2 has a brilliant futureTonyCheong2 has a brilliant futureTonyCheong2 has a brilliant futureTonyCheong2 has a brilliant futureTonyCheong2 has a brilliant futureTonyCheong2 has a brilliant futureTonyCheong2 has a brilliant futureTonyCheong2 has a brilliant futureTonyCheong2 has a brilliant futureTonyCheong2 has a brilliant futureTonyCheong2 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZaneO View Post
I strongly believe there would be an biz opportunity should I get the right spot and suppliers all lined up. I have done some survey and found that Thais actually love caramel popcorns etc so should be OK to survive for a start.
Not that I'm pouring cold water.
It's good to have an entrepreneurial spirit but when doing business it is best to have a calculated risk to reward ratio framework.

Starting a business is in the hope to earn unlimited income with sky being the limit and not just to survive only.
Otherwise not worth to risk your capital and opportunity cost when you can get a stable job in Singapore.

Don't forget you intend to earn THB not USD or EUR!
When you repatriate the funds back to SGD the reality starts to set in.

I'd rather take this risk and do a popcorn kiosk business in Malaysia instead of Thailand.
Malays love sweet food and beverages too.
Also the inflation in Thailand will kill your business in years to come if the government continues current economic path.

Thailand is a great place to visit for food and entertainment but may not be necessary be good for doing business just because you like Thai culture and girls.
When it comes to doing business we must make decisions objectively and not emotionally.

Those bros who have set up a family in Thailand is a different story because they have some roots already.

Quote:
I have been to BKK 3/4 times every year and am familiar with the environment there
Not say I hao lian here.

I've 100 plus return trips to Bangkok in over 10+ years.
Until now I also don't dare to proclaim I am familiar with the environment there.
Old 06-11-2016, 04:56 PM
Samster

naemlo has a reputation beyond reputenaemlo has a reputation beyond reputenaemlo has a reputation beyond reputenaemlo has a reputation beyond reputenaemlo has a reputation beyond reputenaemlo has a reputation beyond reputenaemlo has a reputation beyond reputenaemlo has a reputation beyond reputenaemlo has a reputation beyond reputenaemlo has a reputation beyond reputenaemlo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Any feedbacks/advise for my plans?
What advice u need?
Old 06-11-2016, 05:09 PM
Samster

Quote:
What advice u need?
You every time open price is USD1000 for premium hold hand serwit.
Who dare to ask for your advice?
Old 06-11-2016, 09:59 PM
Samster

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 991 / Power: 22
norice is a splendid one to beholdnorice is a splendid one to beholdnorice is a splendid one to beholdnorice is a splendid one to beholdnorice is a splendid one to beholdnorice is a splendid one to beholdnorice is a splendid one to beholdnorice is a splendid one to behold

ZaneO,

Read this article very very carefully!

http://www.directorybangkok.com/blog...s-in-Thailand/

You don't realize how difficult it is to start a business in Thailand by foreigners! For Americans, it's easier due to "Treaty of Amity in Thailand!" Read, Read and Read.

BOYCOTT Arab owned bars in Soi Cowboy!
Old 06-11-2016, 10:00 PM
Samster

Thanks Bro TonyCheong2

Malaysia boleh but I am not keen in doing business there man. Just felt don't feel the connection to do biz there.

I went thai disco in SG lots of time, everytime I buy the caramel popcorn down there, all the cais auto find their way to my table and eat like machiam never seen this before in Bkk. lol

Furthermore, I asked cais there they all say they like this caramel popcorn from Chicago so I think really got potential one.

True lah, I been there less no of times than you. Cannot proclaim pro or what but I like thai culture and girls there. Just want to sink into their culture and find a proper thai GF there

Whos know what will happen in future?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyCheong2 View Post
Not that I'm pouring cold water.

I'd rather take this risk and do a popcorn kiosk business in Malaysia instead of Thailand.
Malays love sweet food and beverages too.
Also the inflation in Thailand will kill your business in years to come if the government continues current economic path.

Not say I hao lian here.

I've 100 plus return trips to Bangkok in over 10+ years.
Until now I also don't dare to proclaim I am familiar with the environment there.
Old 06-11-2016, 10:03 PM
Samster

Quote:
What advice u need?
Bro naemlo,

If your advice is free and not USD1000, can I humbly ask how to find honest thai counterpart to collaborate setup business?
Old 06-11-2016, 10:07 PM
Samster

Thanks Norice bro. Very informative sharing on setting up business in BKK.

Will read into it and delve deeper. Lots of thoughts to ponder too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by norice View Post
ZaneO,

Read this article very very carefully!

http://www.directorybangkok.com/blog...s-in-Thailand/

You don't realize how difficult it is to start a business in Thailand by foreigners! For Americans, it's easier due to "Treaty of Amity in Thailand!" Read, Read and Read.
Old 06-11-2016, 10:23 PM
Samster

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 991 / Power: 22
norice is a splendid one to beholdnorice is a splendid one to beholdnorice is a splendid one to beholdnorice is a splendid one to beholdnorice is a splendid one to beholdnorice is a splendid one to beholdnorice is a splendid one to beholdnorice is a splendid one to behold
Talking Re: Re-location advice

TonyCheong2 and Members:

Ditto and kudos to your excellent commentary, TonyCheong2.

You guys don't realize how difficult it is to open up your business in Thailand!

There are too many obstacles in profit making such as:
dishonest Thai employees (embezzlement and pilferage)
problems with utilities expenses
your business neighbors
preventing Thais from moving into your territory
dishonest business practice by your suppliers
etc. etc. etc. I don't want to list confidential information!

I'm not saying it's impossible but it's very difficult to open a business and make a decent profit for a living! Unless, you marry a Thai woman and let her run the business with you.

If you need help, send me a PM.

good luck.

BOYCOTT Arab owned bars in Soi Cowboy!
Old 06-11-2016, 11:26 PM
Samster

Quote:

If your advice is free and not USD1000, can I humbly ask how to find honest thai counterpart to collaborate setup business?
If u are serious on this, just pm me. Depending on what u ask, if can find on google, I will not reply else I will charge USD 100 per answer. I helped a CB kia once and that CB kia played trick on me.

I guess u are still very green in business. There is no honest businessman because money is involved. Everyone is making use of one another. BTW, I am not directing at anyone here but listen wisely. A lot of ppl who just stay long in Thailand, did not involve in any business before. These ppl hear, say but no actual experience. They will relate their hear, say to u only.
Old 07-11-2016, 02:11 AM
Samster

Quote:
True lah, I been there less no of times than you. Cannot proclaim pro or what but I like thai culture and girls there. Just want to sink into their culture and find a proper thai GF there

Whos know what will happen in future?
Again not trying to pour cold water on you or anything.

Once again you cannot seem to differentiate that when it comes to doing a business it must be executed objectively and not emotionally.
Do not mix business and hobby/likes into the decision making.
That's why in this world a lot of hobby businesses are loss making.

A very common example will be this scenario.
Mr. ABC loves Thai culture and girl.
Set up a small business in Thailand to be together with Thai girlfriend and let her run the business but flops eventually.
Worst case scenario gets into heavy debt and becomes bankrupt.

The risk free and pragmatic scenario should be by being self employed to enjoy flexibility in working schedule.
Mr. ABC works real hard in Singapore as a hawker or Uber driver with no off days.
Every month will visit Thailand for 4-5 days to rest and relax.
Once reserves are built up comfortably Mr. ABC can work part time or as and when needed.
Free time can be spent enjoying life in a rented apartment in Thailand or overseas.
This is what I call stress free semi to full retirement lifestyle envied by many.

Notice why I can post and TCSS on this forum daily and at odd hours.
That is my secret liao hehehe.

You say you love Thai culture and girls.
How well you understand their pattern?
Please stay in Thailand for a few months first then come back to this thread and report your findings.

Anyway you make or lose money does not affect me also.
Just sharing my personal experience.
In the offline world I'll probably charge consultancy fees 555.

If you've already achieved financial freedom and wish to slack and enjoy life in Thailand I will 100% morally support you.
Loving Thai culture and girls does not necessarily need to invest in property or do business in Thailand.

Wish you all the best.

Last edited by TonyCheong2; 07-11-2016 at 02:51 AM.
Advert Space Available
Bypass censorship with https://1.1.1.1

Cloudflare 1.1.1.1