The Asian Commercial Sex Scene  

Go Back   The Asian Commercial Sex Scene > For stuff you can't discuss with your Facebook Account > Sexual Health Issues

Notices

Sexual Health Issues If you need medical advice regarding your sexual health, ask Dr Tan. We are honored to have an In House Doctor who is here to help.

User Tag List

Old 28-07-2014, 03:43 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 8 / Power: 0
JohnSmithSenior is Cool - loads of Potential
Re: All you need to know about STD

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorTan View Post
This comes back to the same point doctors keep harping on. There is no such thing as safe sex. Only safer sex.
Sounds to me that everyone is doomed then. Given the extremely high rates of infection for HSV, it is nearly impossible to avoid it even if you don't engage in any sex at all. After all, shaking hands with the sales person also can pass it along.

Btw, this may sound like a crazy idea. But since the strains can only present themselves in one given location, deliberately infecting yourself for both HSV- and HSV-2 orally will basically serve as immunisation against genital HSV. Is there something I am missing out here?
Old 28-07-2014, 05:09 PM
Cyberspace Nerd

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quoted: 443 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 2754 / Power: 300
sammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnSmithSenior View Post
Sounds to me that everyone is doomed then. Given the extremely high rates of infection for HSV, it is nearly impossible to avoid it even if you don't engage in any sex at all. After all, shaking hands with the sales person also can pass it along.

Btw, this may sound like a crazy idea. But since the strains can only present themselves in one given location, deliberately infecting yourself for both HSV- and HSV-2 orally will basically serve as immunisation against genital HSV. Is there something I am missing out here?
If you believe this study, most of us already have HSV1 and the majority caught it during our childhood years.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0106111129.htm

However, the majority of those infected never display any symptoms of the disease. I had a girlfriend who often had cold sore (HSV1) outbreaks at least twice a year. Being ignorant of what was going on at the time, we were smooching away regardless.

However, I've never had a cold sore in my life although I'm 99% sure I must have caught the infection from her. It would be miracle if I hadn't given the amount of time we spent together.

I don't have the stats for HSV2 and there seems to be a lot of variation of infections rates from region to region. However, the situation is similar in that many of those infected never had an outbreak or had one that was so mild as to pass unnoticed.

You cannot live your life in constant fear of everything around you. At the same time, you shouldn't live it with utter abandon. Take risks when the rewards are worth it and shy away when they aren't.
  3. If you do arrange social meetings through this site, do NOT reveal your primary sammyboy nick.
  4. Whores are for fucking not loving. Just fuck them and be done with it.
Sign up for Premium Membership for great discounts and whole host of other forum benefits. Premium Membership details.

scan this code for SBF updates
Old 29-07-2014, 06:32 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 620 / Power: 10
DoctorTan is a name known to allDoctorTan is a name known to allDoctorTan is a name known to allDoctorTan is a name known to allDoctorTan is a name known to allDoctorTan is a name known to all

Quote:
Being infected with HSV 1 (oral or genital) does provide some protection against HSV 2 but not 100%. Being infected with oral HSV 2 also does not protect you 100% against genital HSV 2. In other words, you may end up with both oral and genital HSV infections.
Old 29-07-2014, 09:24 PM
Samster

Quote:
Being infected with HSV 1 (oral or genital) does provide some protection against HSV 2 but not 100%. Being infected with oral HSV 2 also does not protect you 100% against genital HSV 2. In other words, you may end up with both oral and genital HSV infections.
Thanks for the prompt replies to both threads!
Old 29-07-2014, 09:27 PM
Samster

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboyfor View Post
You cannot live your life in constant fear of everything around you. At the same time, you shouldn't live it with utter abandon. Take risks when the rewards are worth it and shy away when they aren't.
To be honest, I am pretty paranoid. I am a carrier of a genetic disease common among Asians that has no impact on me whatsoever and has only a 1.25% chance of being fatal for my children (may be prevented through genetic screening), and yet I feel a bit bothered by it.

Think I would be pretty anxious if I had HSV.
Old 29-07-2014, 10:54 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 40 / Power: 0
Account deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy

Quote:
However, the majority of those infected never display any symptoms of the disease. I had a girlfriend who often had cold sore (HSV1) outbreaks at least twice a year. Being ignorant of what was going on at the time, we were smooching away regardless.
That seemed like a huge risk to take. Nonetheless sometimes luck plays a huge role in life. Personally I wouldn't take the risk.. unless I love her very much, which I supposed was the situation you were in
Old 30-07-2014, 12:05 AM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 6 / Power: 0
monstermadness is Cool - loads of Potential

got small problem last nite bros. think tio tai chi liao went to chiong and think got a bit too much and had a blowjob + near intercourse but never insert... think will get std? got timeframe for this?
Old 30-07-2014, 04:24 AM
Cyberspace Nerd

sammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Account View Post
That seemed like a huge risk to take. Nonetheless sometimes luck plays a huge role in life. Personally I wouldn't take the risk.. unless I love her very much, which I supposed was the situation you were in
There was no internet in those days and we were ignorant young kids. It was nothing to do with love. It was everything to do with lust.

I asked her about the sore which appeared on and off and she said her mother's expert diagnosis was "heatiness".
  3. If you do arrange social meetings through this site, do NOT reveal your primary sammyboy nick.
Sign up for Premium Membership for great discounts and whole host of other forum benefits. Premium Membership details.

Old 30-07-2014, 09:53 PM
Samster

Quote:
she said her mother's expert diagnosis was "heatiness".
Well, her mother was definitively right in a certain sense.
Old 01-08-2014, 10:52 AM

DoctorTan is a name known to allDoctorTan is a name known to allDoctorTan is a name known to allDoctorTan is a name known to allDoctorTan is a name known to allDoctorTan is a name known to all

Quote:
Well, her mother was definitively right in a certain sense.
LOL! That was hilarious! Good one my friend.
Old 01-08-2014, 12:33 PM
Cyberspace Nerd

Quote:
LOL! That was hilarious! Good one my friend.
I guess mother knows best.

Old 03-10-2014, 03:06 PM
Samster

Quoted: 66 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 840 / Power: 21
shiroi is a splendid one to beholdshiroi is a splendid one to beholdshiroi is a splendid one to beholdshiroi is a splendid one to beholdshiroi is a splendid one to beholdshiroi is a splendid one to beholdshiroi is a splendid one to behold

anyone know more about Ureaplasma urealyticum?

I had read some info up and seem like alot of people having this STD and can even spread thru saliva , coughing etc

The only pple who seek for test and cure most likely is those couple who can't get a baby.

What is your thought on this std?

( I had create a thread for this topic, but going to try close it. I think I post the question will be better )
Old 04-10-2014, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiroi View Post
anyone know more about Ureaplasma urealyticum?
I know a bit about Ureaplasma Urealyticum.

It is a bacteria belonging to the Mycoplasma family.

It is found in almost 70% of the world's sexually active population.

It has been linked to many diseases such as pneumonia, meningitis, urethritis and pelvic inflammation leading to subfertility and even infertility.

It is of extremely low pathogenic potential. In other words, most of the time, it just sits in the body and does not cause any symptoms. Because of this, the role that it plays in the above mentioned diseases is also contentious. i.e. you see a patient with pneumonia and isolate ureaplasma in the lungs. Are you sure it is the ureaplasma causing the pneumonia? Or did you just incidentally pick it up and are missing the real cause?

We know that Ureaplasma is sexually transmitted. We also know that Ureaplasma has been isolated in mutually monogamous couples who have not had Ureaplasma infections before. So where did that come from? Nobody knows.

My approach to Ureaplasma is as such - I leave it alone unless:
1. The patient has symptoms
2. There is a concern about fertility
3. There is concern for the partner
4. The patient is very keen to have it treated

This way, we do not unnecessarily expose the patient to antibiotics (and of course also not waste the patient's money).
Old 04-10-2014, 01:03 PM
Samster

Quoted: 66 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 840 / Power: 21
shiroi is a splendid one to beholdshiroi is a splendid one to beholdshiroi is a splendid one to beholdshiroi is a splendid one to beholdshiroi is a splendid one to beholdshiroi is a splendid one to beholdshiroi is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I know a bit about Ureaplasma Urealyticum.

It is a bacteria belonging to the Mycoplasma family.

It is found in almost 70% of the world's sexually active population.

It has been linked to many diseases such as pneumonia, meningitis, urethritis and pelvic inflammation leading to subfertility and even infertility.

It is of extremely low pathogenic potential. In other words, most of the time, it just sits in the body and does not cause any symptoms. Because of this, the role that it plays in the above mentioned diseases is also contentious. i.e. you see a patient with pneumonia and isolate ureaplasma in the lungs. Are you sure it is the ureaplasma causing the pneumonia? Or did you just incidentally pick it up and are missing the real cause?

We know that Ureaplasma is sexually transmitted. We also know that Ureaplasma has been isolated in mutually monogamous couples who have not had Ureaplasma infections before. So where did that come from? Nobody knows.

My approach to Ureaplasma is as such - I leave it alone unless:
1. The patient has symptoms
2. There is a concern about fertility
3. There is concern for the partner
4. The patient is very keen to have it treated

This way, we do not unnecessarily expose the patient to antibiotics (and of course also not waste the patient's money).
thanks dr tan =)
Old 04-10-2014, 02:45 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 733 / Power: 11
Valuable is a splendid one to beholdValuable is a splendid one to beholdValuable is a splendid one to beholdValuable is a splendid one to beholdValuable is a splendid one to beholdValuable is a splendid one to beholdValuable is a splendid one to behold

Oh ok thanks Dr Tan
Advert Space Available
Bypass censorship with https://1.1.1.1

Cloudflare 1.1.1.1