The Asian Commercial Sex Scene  

Go Back   The Asian Commercial Sex Scene > For stuff you can't discuss with your Facebook Account > The best of Thailand

Notices

The best of Thailand Serving your Thai Business & Holiday Needs. All Singaporeans in Thailand sign in to show your support and bring your Thai "friends" with you for stuff you can't discuss on Facebook! :)
ประเทศไทยต้อนรับคุณ!

User Tag List

Old 07-04-2023, 07:06 PM
Veteran Samster

Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3467 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 108382 / Power: 162
Naka_Timo has a reputation beyond reputeNaka_Timo has a reputation beyond reputeNaka_Timo has a reputation beyond reputeNaka_Timo has a reputation beyond reputeNaka_Timo has a reputation beyond reputeNaka_Timo has a reputation beyond reputeNaka_Timo has a reputation beyond reputeNaka_Timo has a reputation beyond reputeNaka_Timo has a reputation beyond reputeNaka_Timo has a reputation beyond reputeNaka_Timo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Food glorious food! Thailand

Hasan Roasted Duck (ฮาซัน เป็ดย่าง)

Location: The street food stall is located directly outside the gates of Assalapheyah Mosque (หน้ามัสยิด อัสสละฟียะฮ์) on south Charoen Krung road, just northeast of Rama 3 road, and they don’t set up until evening.

Opening hours: 6:30 pm – 2 pm daily, but closed on Monday

As soon as I walked up to take a photo of the roasted golden ducks hanging in the street food cabinet, I knew we were in for some grumpiness the owner, and duck hunter himself (well at least he roasts and slices them up), isn’t the friendliest street food vendor you’ll meet in Bangkok. He made some rude remarks to me while I was taking photos of his ducks.

But I’m hardly going to turn from street food due to grumpy owners… I’m there for the food.

Along the always busy Charoen Krung road, just outside Assalapheyah Mosque (หน้ามัสยิด อัสสละฟียะฮ์), is Hasan Roasted Duck (ฮาซัน เป็ดย่าง) street food stall.

This street food stall is also halal.

But anyway, they serve Thai roasted duck, and in the local hood of Charoen Krung, it’s pretty well known. Just like at Khao Kaeng Jake Puey, people begin to lineup for food before they even begin selling.

There were actually only a couple of tables set up along the sidewalk when we went; The majority of the customers go to Hasan Roasted Duck (ฮาซัน เป็ดย่าง) for takeaway.

While most Thai street food stalls cheerfully deliver your food to your table within seconds of ordering, at Hasan Roasted Duck (ฮาซัน เป็ดย่าง), you might have to bark your order to them multiple times before they take action.

f you’re looking for some busy Bangkok street food with character and grumpy service (which can definitely be fun sometimes) Hasan Roasted Duck (ฮาซัน เป็ดย่าง) is a pretty good option.

Their duck is good, but not stand out amazing from other Thai duck restaurants like this place.

ONE MAN'S MEAT IS ANOTHER'S POISON

"A FR is to give reader an idea of what to expect, the pics and style of writing are to spice things up, to give more space for imagination, most important thing is we share and we enjoy."

Bros with rep power are welcome to exchange 162 points daily
Old 12-04-2023, 03:21 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 129 / Power: 4
TMNT99 deserves two Tigers! - He's a Great GuyTMNT99 deserves two Tigers! - He's a Great Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naka_Timo View Post
Rung Rueang Pork Noodles

10/3 Soi Sukhumvit 26, Khlong Tan, Khlong Toei, Bangkok 10110, Thailand
Opening Hours: 8am – 5pm (Mon – Sun)
Phone: +66 84 527 1640

Popular Thai-Style Pork Noodles With Tom Yum And Dry Versions With Michelin Bib Gourmand.

[Bangkok] From a shophouse space, Rung Rueang รุ่งเรือง or Guay Tiew Mu Rung Rueang Tung at Soi Sukhumvit 26 runs a tight ship to serve their delicious bowls of Thai-style pork noodles.

Some Singaporeans call this the Thai Bak Chor Mee – just for easier understanding, but they are both very different.

As I use a number of food websites and apps to find recommendations, I noted that Rung Rueang 榮泰米湯粉 appeared in several of them, even highly ranked on “DianPing” (大众点评) – a Chinese app that provides quite useful lifestyle information.

It is admirable to imagine how the eatery has become a Michelin-recommended destination with a Bib Gourmand for several years, coming from its humble beginning as a food cart.

Finding the bustling shop wasn’t that difficult with Google Maps, and it is of 8 to 10 minutes’ walking distance to Emquartier and Phrom Phong BTS Station.

There is a similar looking shop next door – word says they had a dispute and decided to split into two.

At the entrance of the eatery, the aunties grapple with a steaming pot of fish balls and blanches portions of noodles, stacking up bowls of finished pork noodles which are quickly served by fast-moving waiters.

Another quickly gets you a table and menu, and asks you to order just as you are about to scan through the menu.

The menu is almost like a make-your-own-noodles concept. You get to select the flavours, topping, noodles and size.

There are basically four noodle choices – Tom Yum Soup, Tom Yum No Soup, Clear Soup, and No Soup.

Then match this with a noodle style from egg noodle, glass noodle, thick rice noodles, to thick or thin vermicelli.

Customers can choose various toppings from fish ball & minced pork, pork only, fish ball and fish cake only, to a mixed bowl.

Overall, either the Small (60 THB) or Medium (70 THB) bowl of noodles are manageable for a single person.

While you are waiting for your noodles, get the Crispy Fish Skin (20 THB) that is much raved about. The snack is known to be crispy and crunchy, which no doubt will be snatched up in no time if you are sharing it with others.

I tried this and it hit all the right spots. Die die must try category. Thanks again Naka Timo
Old 13-04-2023, 10:32 AM
Veteran Samster

Naka_Timo has a reputation beyond reputeNaka_Timo has a reputation beyond reputeNaka_Timo has a reputation beyond reputeNaka_Timo has a reputation beyond reputeNaka_Timo has a reputation beyond reputeNaka_Timo has a reputation beyond reputeNaka_Timo has a reputation beyond reputeNaka_Timo has a reputation beyond reputeNaka_Timo has a reputation beyond reputeNaka_Timo has a reputation beyond reputeNaka_Timo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNT99 View Post
I tried this and it hit all the right spots. Die die must try category. Thanks again Naka Timo
Glad that you like it

"A FR is to give reader an idea of what to expect, the pics and style of writing are to spice things up, to give more space for imagination, most important thing is we share and we enjoy."

Old 13-04-2023, 11:27 AM
Samster (M)

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 15 / Power: 0
emocore27 deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy
Thumbs up Re: Food glorious food! Thailand

Old 16-04-2023, 04:47 PM
Veteran Samster

Zhang La Mian
Location: 13 ซอย จุฬาลงกรณ์ 5 Wang Mai, Pathum Wan, Bangkok 10330
Located in: Suan Luang Square
Phone: +66 090 974 5960
Operating hour: 11am to 9pm daily

Spicy Tender Stewed Beef Noodle Soup.

Of course I had to order their signature Zhang La Mian noodles. It comes with lots of egg noodles, a flavorful broth, some chilis, and plenty of stewed meats.

I happened to order the beef version.

The soup was really nice and comforting as well. I could just drink the soup on it’s own and already be satisfied.

The beef is very very tender, just poking it with your chopsticks will already break the meat! The taste itself is alright however, I don’t really taste much of the beef by itself so obviously this is meant to be eaten when everything is mixed together.

I will say that there is a lot of fat and collagen and that’s where the flavor is to be found.

Overall I would recommend a visit to Zhang La Mian, a little noodle shop that you definitely won’t miss due to the big boiling bot of meat out on display. I especially like their cheap price and their options for adding more toppings, and of course we can’t forget about their tasty tender meat and spicy chili.

A little complaint I have is that the broth could be more flavorful, perhaps a little bit of salt could go a long way.

Old 25-04-2023, 05:31 PM
Veteran Samster

Ba Mee Jub Kang (บะหมี่จับกัง)

Address: 38 Charoen Krung Soi 23, Yaowarat, Bangkok
Phone: 02-2226769 , 02-2255975
Open hours: 9 am – 8 pm daily (but usually closed on the 15th and 30th of each month)
Price: 35 THB ($1.08)

ที่อยู่ : 38 ซอยเจริญกรุง 23 ใกล้กับวัดมังกรกมลาวาส ถนนเจริญกรุง แขวงเยาวราช เขตสัมพันธวงศ์ กรุงเทพฯ
โทร.02-2226769 , 02-2255975
เปิดทุกวัน เวลา 09.00 – 20.00 น. หยุดทุวันที่ 15,30 ของเดือน
บะหมี่ธรรมดา 35 – บะหมี่พิเศษ 45-

Ba Mee Jub Kang (บะหมี่จับกัง). Big Bowls of Old Skool Egg Noodles in Bangkok’s Yaowarat.

When you see a rustic old-skool restaurant like Ba Mee Jub Kang (บะหมี่จับกัง), you know they have a food story to tell.

It’s located in a dungeon dark and damp alley, just off the always busy Charoen Krung road in Bangkok’s Chinatown, and just a short distance from one of my favorite curry stalls in town.

They have been serving hungry workers for years, and the street food wear and tear is good enough evidence of their success.

As I’m told, they didn’t even have a restaurant name for the longest time, they were just there

Ba mee (บะหมี่), is the Thai word for yellow egg noodles, and jub kang (จับกัง) is a word used to describe people who work really hard – basically any kind of laborer – a constructions worker, a delivery man, a cart pusher, tuk tuk driver… you get the idea.

So put the two together, and Ba Mee Jub Kang (บะหมี่จับกัง) is a Thai street food stall that serves hungry hard workers.

Anyway, before we get started on the food, I just want to quickly give you a tour of the kitchen.

It’s not cleanest place in the world.

There are a couple of simmering pots of liquid puffing away on one side, and a couple of tables, all a little lopsided and appearing as if they could topple over with a few too many bowls of noodles on top.

Nevertheless, you don’t exactly come to Ba Mee Jub Kang (บะหมี่จับกัง) for the ambiance (I’m sure you can tell).

For cooking they exclusively use charcoal, which adds an extra dimension of smokiness to the flavor of their noodles, as well as a nice smoky aroma that fills the entire alley like a sauna.

I thought there might be a tandoor hiding somewhere in the kitchen (reminded me of the awesome street food in Kolkata)!

The egg noodles are blanched in massive portions, and then divided into bowls at rapid rates to accommodate meal rushes.

Overall, quite good. It wasn’t the best bowl of ba mee (บะหมี่) I’ve ever had, but the noodles were fresh and tasty, and the pork was tender and sweet.

You don’t exactly come to Ba Mee Jub Kang (บะหมี่จับกัง) for the best food or the cleanest ambiance, you come for the big portions and the cheap prices.

Pretty decent bowl of Thai ba mee egg noodles (บะหมี่), and a truly wonderful street food environment – but just be warned this place is pretty local – and you’ve got to really be a street food fan to come here.

Old 04-05-2023, 05:39 PM
Veteran Samster

Kor Panich Mango Sticky Rice

431 433 Thanon Tanao, San Chao Pho Sua, Khet Phra Nakhon, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon 10200, Thailand
Tel: +66 2 221 3554
Opening Hours: 7am – 6:30pm (Mon – Sat), Closed Sun

BANGKOK – One Of The Best Mango Sticky Rice, With Michelin Bib Gourmand.

[Bangkok] A trip to Bangkok is not complete without having Mango Sticky Rice, also known as khao niao ma muang.

Rice has special importance to Thai families, and usually appears on the table at almost every meal, even in desserts.

This iconic Thai dessert is made with glutinous rice, fresh mango and coconut milk, and eaten with a spoon or sometimes the hands.

When in Bangkok, the traditional Thai dessert mango sticky rice is everywhere, sold by street vendors to high end restaurants, in fanciful cafes presenting it in instagrammable fashion.

But some places simply stand out. One such place is Kor Panich, located near the Grand Palace and opened since 1932.

With its simple storefront and only two tables for sitting, you wouldn’t imagine it has achieved a legendary status for its mango sticky rice.

Made from a family recipe passed down for generations for over 8 decades, it is the only Mango Sticky Rice shop listed in the Michelin Bib Gourmand Bangkok.

They say this recipe even came from the royal kitchen, where the owner’s mother-in-law used to work.

Kor Panich may be slightly out of the way, and I do agree that there are other Mango Sticky Rice which are quite good too.

Old 13-05-2023, 05:18 PM
Veteran Samster

Hoi Tod Chaw Lae

Address: 1301 Charoen Nakhon Road, Bang Lamphu Lang, Khlong San, Bangkok 10600
Opening Hours: 09.30AM – 10.30PM, Daily
Nearest Train Station: 15 minutes from Saphan Taksin BTS station by foot and ferry.
Telephone: +66-91-806-4901 | +66-2-860-1029 | +66-91-505-0317

It serves crispy seafood omelette with cheese pulls in BKK.

Hoi Tod Chaw Lae started off as a humble food cart in Phuket in 1973 and it was well-received before the recipe was passed down to Ms. Roong, the 2nd generation owner.

Ms. Roong then decided to open a hoi tod (seafood pancake) stall in Charoen Nakhon after moving to Bangkok. It has been 16 years since the opening day – making the recipe 46-years-old!

Now, Ms. Cake is helping her mother with the business after graduating from university. As the 3rd generation owner, she has since added many awesome items into the menu including crispy seafood omelette with cheese.

Hoi Tod Chaw Lae is situated in an air-conditioned shophouse while the cooking area is out open in the front – perfect to stop by even on the hottest day.

Decorated in a cute fisherman’s village theme, the interior has white fishnets on the ceiling and mini lifebuoys on the walls alongside the owner’s photos with many TV personalities.

If you find yourself visiting IconSiam mall or any other nearby destinations, make sure to head to Hoi Tod Chaw Lae on Charoen Nakhon Road and get yourself a plate of scrumptious cheesy seafood omelette.

Old 18-05-2023, 04:39 AM
Samster

Quoted: 58 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 559 / Power: 12
plantronic is a name known to allplantronic is a name known to allplantronic is a name known to allplantronic is a name known to allplantronic is a name known to allplantronic is a name known to all

Add to your list

Somboon (various locations) for the seafood especially curry crab

Samyan Joke for breakfast (or post late night party) porridge. They open at 6

Hock shark fin at surawong has umami rich broth that hits just the right notes
Old 18-05-2023, 05:43 PM
Veteran Samster

Tasty Congee & Noodle Wantun

ADDRESS
G Floor, Siam Paragon, 991 Rama 1 Road, Pathumwan, Bangkok
Operating hour: Everyday : 11:30 AM - 10 PM daily
Phone: +66-2001-9868

Anyone who misses Dim Sum, congee and Hong Kong-style noodles. It's time to visit Tasty Congee and Noodle Wantun, an authentic Cantonese-style restaurant that guarantees the taste of being in Hong Kong. Because this is a sub-brand of the Michelin-starred restaurant Ho Hong Kee that still maintains the quality and taste that is replicated from the Hong Kong branch. The restaurant has imported a chef from Hong Kong to take care of all the food of this branch. Including various raw materials as well for the first branch in Bangkok, this is located on the G floor, Gourmet Garden zone at Siam Paragon.

The restaurant is divided into 2 floors. The ground floor is a seating area for those who come in small groups. and the upper mezzanine zone Can accommodate people who come in large groups or want to have a more private atmosphere The shop emphasizes the use of purple, which is the regular color of every store, and adds luxury with gold in various corners.

Congee and noodles, two must-have dishes for Cantonese food lovers. And it's also the highlight menu here as well. Especially the noodle menu that the restaurant is meticulous in every step. from making noodles to making dumplings that focus on the 7:3 ratio of shrimp and pork to get the right texture and bite size.

start menu Dried noodles, black ear mushroom dumplings, Chinese bamboo shoots (280 baht), a special menu of the restaurant. The noodles are slender and chewy like Hong Kong style. Eat with large pieces of dumplings stuffed with shrimp and pork. Add a touch of flavor with black ear mushrooms and Chinese bamboo shoots. Served with blanched Hong Kong kale, special oyster sauce and mellow soup

In addition to main dishes such as porridge and noodles, There are also different dim sum dishes here that are equally delicious. Try the Har Gao (180 baht), a thin crust stuffed with firm shrimp meat . Baht) Thin, soft noodles wrapped in long, crispy Patonggo. Before eating, pour the sweet and salty sauce and dip it with the restaurant's recipe mustard sauce. The softness of the noodles goes well with the crispiness of Patonggo. For people who like deep-fried dim sum The restaurant recommends Ham Soi Ko (120 baht), made from glutinous rice flour, soft and sweet, crispy on the outside, soft on the inside. stuffed with mellow flavor shrimp.

Followed by congee with pork and offal (300 baht), a white congee with soft and smooth texture. Simmered pork and offal that are soft and not sticky. It goes well with long, crispy Patonggo.

There area also a few branch.

Step in to try.

Old 19-05-2023, 12:10 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 257 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 6188 / Power: 10
Zakarum has a reputation beyond reputeZakarum has a reputation beyond reputeZakarum has a reputation beyond reputeZakarum has a reputation beyond reputeZakarum has a reputation beyond reputeZakarum has a reputation beyond reputeZakarum has a reputation beyond reputeZakarum has a reputation beyond reputeZakarum has a reputation beyond reputeZakarum has a reputation beyond reputeZakarum has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Kor Panich Mango Sticky Rice

431 433 Thanon Tanao, San Chao Pho Sua, Khet Phra Nakhon, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon 10200, Thailand
Tel: +66 2 221 3554
Opening Hours: 7am – 6:30pm (Mon – Sat), Closed Sun

Bookmarked this.

Haven't tried this but tried the others like Nings, Kor Panits, they are also very good.
Old 19-05-2023, 06:33 PM
Veteran Samster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakarum View Post
Bookmarked this.

Haven't tried this but tried the others like Nings, Kor Panits, they are also very good.
Noted, sticky rice is nice. Phom Kid Teng Kid Mak Mak

Old 23-05-2023, 06:31 PM
Veteran Samster

Boon Tong Kiat บุญตงเกียรติข้าวมันไก่สิงคโปร์
440/5 Thonglor Soi 16 (located on the main street, opposite J Avenue)
Tel: +66 02 390 2508
Opening Hours: 10am – 10pm Daily

Singapore Hainanese Chicken Rice In Bangkok Is Quite Legit.

[Bangkok] Singaporeans going to Bangkok to eat Hainanese Chicken Rice. Strange, right?

The name of this Singapore style chicken rice shop is called “Boon Tong Kiat”, and one may just wonder if it is a ‘cheong’ (copy) version of the famous Boon Tong Kee back home.

I only went to try after asking for food recommendations from the baristas at The Commons, who all pointed to the direction of this eatery serving ‘khao man gai’.

They knew I was Singaporean. “It’s good…”

The shop wasn’t that difficult to find, on the main road of Thonglor Soi 16, and it looked like one of those old-school coffeeshop I used to go to during my growing up years.

Chopping and preparation of food was done outside, eating inside.

Boon Tong Kiat was originally founded by a Singaporean. However, he has left the business and it is now run by a Thai family who used to work in the restaurant.

The menu offers a splattering of familiar Singapore local favourites, from Chicken with Garlic Rice (65 baht), Duck with steamed rice (79 baht), Red Pork with steamed rice – that’s char siew (69 baht), Red Pork Noodleswith Dumpling Soup (69 baht), Singapore Fried Carrot Cake (115 baht), Fried Rice (120 baht), and Hokkien Mee (120 baht).

There is also a dish more commonly known as ‘Singapore Som Tam’ here, which is our Rojak (105 baht). Don’t go near there.

Waiting took a while. 20 minutes, as the person in front ordered a hundred packets and the server decided to go by sequence.

If you are Singaporean and crave for home, I think Boon Tong Kiat is a worthy alternative.

Old 01-06-2023, 01:54 PM
Veteran Samster

Jok Sam Yak
Address: 241 245 ซอย จุฬาฯ 11 Wang Mai, Pathum Wan, Bangkok 10330, Thailand
Operating Hour: 5am to 9.30 am, 3pm to 8pm daily
Phone: +66 2 216 4809

Jok Sam Yak stands out as one of Bangkok’s leading congee places. More than 65 years in the biz and its owners haven’t tired of making their signature rice porridge, here made with sweet jasmine rice and mix-ins like pork intestines and liver.

There’s nothing quite like a bowl of jok in the morning. Like a warm, gooey, sucks-you-right-in kind of hug, jok is synonymous with comfort, and for many, it’s the go-to for easing into the day. Like any blank canvas, however, jok is also wildly versatile. It can be enjoyed on its own, but it can also be enjoyed with a variety of toppings.

Much like Jok Prince, Jok Samyan is a staple for many, and is an especially popular vendor for takeout and delivery. It’s likely you know Jok Samyan from your late nights about town, because they famously also open until the wee hours of the morning. Here, they serve up a classic pork congee, with all the classic trimmings. Add a little bit of grated ginger, and a little bit of spring onion, and you’ll be good to go. No fuss, no frills, and plenty of comfort.

Old 06-06-2023, 12:29 AM
Samster

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 20 / Power: 0
Jonnypen10 deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy
Quote:
Jok Sam Yak
Address: 241 245 ซอย จุฬาฯ 11 Wang Mai, Pathum Wan, Bangkok 10330, Thailand
Operating Hour: 5am to 9.30 am, 3pm to 8pm daily
Phone: +66 2 216 4809

Jok Sam Yak stands out as one of Bangkok’s leading congee places. More than 65 years in the biz and its owners haven’t tired of making their signature rice porridge, here made with sweet jasmine rice and mix-ins like pork intestines and liver.

There’s nothing quite like a bowl of jok in the morning. Like a warm, gooey, sucks-you-right-in kind of hug, jok is synonymous with comfort, and for many, it’s the go-to for easing into the day. Like any blank canvas, however, jok is also wildly versatile. It can be enjoyed on its own, but it can also be enjoyed with a variety of toppings.

Much like Jok Prince, Jok Samyan is a staple for many, and is an especially popular vendor for takeout and delivery. It’s likely you know Jok Samyan from your late nights about town, because they famously also open until the wee hours of the morning. Here, they serve up a classic pork congee, with all the classic trimmings. Add a little bit of grated ginger, and a little bit of spring onion, and you’ll be good to go. No fuss, no frills, and plenty of comfort.
Will try this soon. Thanks for the details
Advert Space Available
Bypass censorship with https://1.1.1.1

Cloudflare 1.1.1.1